Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Callaway drivers - 24 in 5 years !

Would have been alright if there wasn't so much hype, would have just been a generic head-to-head type video. He has been hyping it all week sharing pictures of a bag full of drivers, so to only test 5 of them is so disappointing and such a waste of time. Just pure clickbait.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Agree about the comments on the latest model crashing the price of the current one is a good thing.

Waiting for 2019 to pick my Epic up for 80.00

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDee View Post
    Agree about the comments on the latest model crashing the price of the current one is a good thing.

Indeed. I'm looking at replacing my driver, and something like the R15 seems like a lovely driver, circa 2015 and already 100 or less on ebay. Same with same of the Cobra ones I've been looking at like Biocell and F6.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Would have been alright if there wasn't so much hype, would have just been a generic head-to-head type video. He has been hyping it all week sharing pictures of a bag full of drivers, so to only test 5 of them is so disappointing and such a waste of time. Just pure clickbait.
    I don't know, I think watching him hit 24 drivers (which are mostly different "flavours" of each other) would habe been a much bigger waste of time. I think choosing one from every year was a pretty good idea. Besides, comparing a low spin "tour" driver model from one year against a standard model from another year does not really make sense, does it?
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60, Odyssey White Hot putter

I don't disagree. My issue is with how the video was hyped. He's been hyping the fact he's going to be testing every driver for a week or so now, sharing pictures of them all, thanking Golfbidder for sending him them all, live-streaming before it went up to hype some more and so to tune in and see that all the hype was just a lie designed to get views is very disappointing.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDee View Post

Recently picked up a mint condition Callaway FTiZ driver for a paltry 35 on the bay, OK it's a 2011 model but still peanuts compared to the original 349 RRP.
    2015 H/cap 15.8 > 11.3 2016 H/cap 11.3 > 11.5 2017 H/cap 11.5 > ?

Callaway FTiZ
    Benross HTX 3 wood + 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP1 714 4-PW
    Tour Edge50*
    Benross ZipIt 56* + 60*
    Odyssey Works Versa V-Line

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

www.balbirniegolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    I don't know, I think watching him hit 24 drivers (which are mostly different "flavours" of each other) would habe been a much bigger waste of time. I think choosing one from every year was a pretty good idea. Besides, comparing a low spin "tour" driver model from one year against a standard model from another year does not really make sense, does it?
    It was the way it was advertised. As Dan has mentioned, he said he would be testing them all and showing pictures of all these different drivers. The point of the video was to see how they all compared against each other. He didn't have to film every shot of every driver either. Could have just shared the results. I do agree that there is no point in testing each version of each model though so I'm glad he left that out.
    H/C: 14.8 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Kuro Kage Stiff . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

I agree that the advertisement was misleading. But think about it: hitting ten shots with each (which I think is the minimum amount you need to get some statistically relevant results) with 24 drivers would mean 240 drivers hit. If you hit two in a minute, that's two hours straight of ball hitting. Full driver swings. You'd be so tired in the end, that the results really would not be comparable. Hitting them on different days wouldn't be very comparable either ... it is, as Rick himself said in the video, a logistical nightmare. I don't think he thought that much about it beforehand.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60, Odyssey White Hot putter

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    I agree that the advertisement was misleading. But think about it: hitting ten shots with each (which I think is the minimum amount you need to get some statistically relevant results) with 24 drivers would mean 240 drivers hit. If you hit two in a minute, that's two hours straight of ball hitting. Full driver swings. You'd be so tired in the end, that the results really would not be comparable. Hitting them on different days wouldn't be very comparable either ... it is, as Rick himself said in the video, a logistical nightmare. I don't think he thought that much about it beforehand.
    He could have done 10 drivers though to get a few more covered. 10 x 10 hits = 100 balls, so equivalent to a typical driving range session.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Journeyman Pro

He should have tested all the drivers from each year to work out which from each year was best for him, then put he best from each year up against each other in the shootout.
    Could have spread that out over a few days before the final showdown.

What was interesting, and not mentioned in his video, was that the epic had the lowest average clubhead speed, but the highest average ball speed.