Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

Machine not even 3 years old and now it sounds like an aircraft taking off in my kitchen everytime it spins.

Its bearing failure and its a sealed tub so not much I can do but to replace the whole tub assembly @ 220!! Don't fancy that much.

My old Bosch machine only needed 2 x motor brushes and a door seal in 10 years!!

Thanks Bosch and what wonderful German engineering!!

Rant over sorry.
    "No matter what happens one day, I will always love this club forever and be an eternal fan. I dedicate my life to make you happy"

Arsene Wenger 2017

Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

That's what happens when you put your Arsenal shirt with Ozil's name on the back in it, the wheels fall off and you don't get any value for money
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

Hcp: 16.5

We went through 2 washing machines in quick succession, both just outside of warranty. When we got the next one we bought a separate extended warranty from a stand alone company. They will repair or replace the machine if anything happens to it within a period, can't remember if it was 3 or 5 years. It wasn't much and now I don't mind hammering the machine. I was initially reluctant but it does give piece of mind.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Machine not even 3 years old and now it sounds like an aircraft taking off in my kitchen everytime it spins.

Its bearing failure and its a sealed tub so not much I can do but to replace the whole tub assembly @ 220!! Don't fancy that much.

My old Bosch machine only needed 2 x motor brushes and a door seal in 10 years!!

Rant over sorry.
    Sure that not all Bosch machines are made in Germany now. We bought a Miele when our Bosch died because of that reason.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v Marshy77 26.5

phone up Bosch and ask to speak to customer liaison, they will either repair at a discounted rate or offer you a new one at a hugely discounted price

Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    Sure that not all Bosch machines are made in Germany now. We bought a Miele when our Bosch died because of that reason.
    Bosch have plants all over now. We supply to a Bosch auto electric plant in Portugal. The buyers get 10% commission on any savings they make. Anyone else see where that is leading 😟?

Miele have a legendary reputation and I have never heard a bad word about their products.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Bosch have plants all over now. We supply to a Bosch auto electric plant in Portugal. The buyers get 10% commission on any savings they make. Anyone else see where that is leading ?

Miele have a legendary reputation and I have never heard a bad word about their products.
    My Miele vac is over 20 years old and still sucks like new. Miele dishwasher 14 years old and my Liebherr(Miele) fridge freezer is around the same. Pretty sure I also got free 10 years warranty on them as well even though none of them were the top of the range.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v Marshy77 26.5

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    That's what happens when you put your Arsenal shirt with Ozil's name on the back in it, the wheels fall off and you don't get any value for money
    Ha ha ha 😂😂😂👍👍👍

Sadly the current produce from the Bosch group factories is nothing like the quality of years back. Miele are the only quality made machines.
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post

Rant over sorry.

That could have been me who wrote that, pretty much the same time scale. Looked into replacing the bearings myself, there's some good videos on YouTube but decided against it. Ended up buying a Samsung which had a 5 year guarantee.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.