Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Money List Winner sawtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    7,575

    Angry Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Machine not even 3 years old and now it sounds like an aircraft taking off in my kitchen everytime it spins.

    Its bearing failure and its a sealed tub so not much I can do but to replace the whole tub assembly @ £220!! Don't fancy that much.

    My old Bosch machine only needed 2 x motor brushes and a door seal in 10 years!!

    Thanks Bosch and what wonderful German engineering!!

    Rant over sorry.
    "No matter what happens one day, I will always love this club forever and be an eternal fan. I dedicate my life to make you happy"

    Arsene Wenger 2017

  2. #2
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,979

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    That's what happens when you put your Arsenal shirt with Ozil's name on the back in it, the wheels fall off and you don't get any value for money

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    9,017

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    We went through 2 washing machines in quick succession, both just outside of warranty. When we got the next one we bought a separate extended warranty from a stand alone company. They will repair or replace the machine if anything happens to it within a period, can't remember if it was 3 or 5 years. It wasn't much and now I don't mind hammering the machine. I was initially reluctant but it does give piece of mind.

  4. #4
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,012

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Machine not even 3 years old and now it sounds like an aircraft taking off in my kitchen everytime it spins.

    Its bearing failure and its a sealed tub so not much I can do but to replace the whole tub assembly @ £220!! Don't fancy that much.

    My old Bosch machine only needed 2 x motor brushes and a door seal in 10 years!!

    Thanks Bosch and what wonderful German engineering!!

    Rant over sorry.
    Sure that not all Bosch machines are made in Germany now. We bought a Miele when our Bosch died because of that reason.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v BrianM 23.1Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v GG26 24.4

  5. #5
    Assistant Pro jpxpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Blantyre
    Posts
    165

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    phone up Bosch and ask to speak to customer liaison, they will either repair at a discounted rate or offer you a new one at a hugely discounted price

  6. #6
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    9,017

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    Sure that not all Bosch machines are made in Germany now. We bought a Miele when our Bosch died because of that reason.
    Bosch have plants all over now. We supply to a Bosch auto electric plant in Portugal. The buyers get 10% commission on any savings they make. Anyone else see where that is leading 😟?

    Miele have a legendary reputation and I have never heard a bad word about their products.

  7. #7
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,012

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Bosch have plants all over now. We supply to a Bosch auto electric plant in Portugal. The buyers get 10% commission on any savings they make. Anyone else see where that is leading ?

    Miele have a legendary reputation and I have never heard a bad word about their products.
    My Miele vac is over 20 years old and still sucks like new. Miele dishwasher 14 years old and my Liebherr(Miele) fridge freezer is around the same. Pretty sure I also got free 10 years warranty on them as well even though none of them were the top of the range.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v BrianM 23.1Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v GG26 24.4

  8. #8
    Journeyman Pro anotherdouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,371

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    That's what happens when you put your Arsenal shirt with Ozil's name on the back in it, the wheels fall off and you don't get any value for money
    Ha ha ha 😂😂😂👍👍👍

  9. #9
    Journeyman Pro Bunkermagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,905

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Sadly the current produce from the Bosch group factories is nothing like the quality of years back. Miele are the only quality made machines.
    Forever trying.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator Twire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Exeter..ish - Devon
    Posts
    3,389

    Re: Grrr! Flaming Bosch Washing Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Machine not even 3 years old and now it sounds like an aircraft taking off in my kitchen everytime it spins.

    Its bearing failure and its a sealed tub so not much I can do but to replace the whole tub assembly @ £220!! Don't fancy that much.

    My old Bosch machine only needed 2 x motor brushes and a door seal in 10 years!!

    Thanks Bosch and what wonderful German engineering!!

    Rant over sorry.

    That could have been me who wrote that, pretty much the same time scale. Looked into replacing the bearings myself, there's some good videos on YouTube but decided against it. Ended up buying a Samsung which had a 5 year guarantee.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Sunday Trading: Deals On Under Armour, Training Aids, Accessories And More!

Check out these great deals we've found this week...

April 22, 2018

WATCH: Tiger Woods Clinic

The 14-time major winner gave a clinic at his new course and he was on form!

April 20, 2018

Charley Hull’s Unexpected Club Change For LA Open

England's Charley Hull struggled to adapt to her new equipment in the LA Open after British Airways lost her clubs.

April 20, 2018

How Golf Has Changed Since Arsene Wenger Took Over At Arsenal

Arsene Wenger announced that he will be leaving Arsenal after 22 years. Here's what golf looked like when he took over in October 1996...

April 20, 2018

Irish Stars to play in Adare Manor curtain-raiser

As part of a stunning new design at the Limerick-based course, Adare Manor is hosting a charity event to celebrate its opening.

April 20, 2018