Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant Pro

Re: DQ or not - part 3

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    This actually happened with 2 players in our recent competition and I ended up DQing both because they both would have gained a point with a 7 for 1. Infact they were proper blobs but that's not what they had signed for.

I think that was the right call.
    It depends why the score was wrong. If it's a counting failure then you're correct, but if it's a result of failing to include a penalty the player didn't know they had incurred, then you should apply the relevant penalty and also deduct a further two points from the total score in stableford. So in your example, their score would be reduced by three points.

sounds like your membership could do with some education, youll have dq'ed half of them before long!!!!
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    sounds like your membership could do with some education, youll have dq'ed half of them before long!!!!
    Hopefully they get the bloody message soon!!!

To be honest I think it might have been very lax in the past so is taking some by surprise. I don't mean to be a jobs worth trust me.
    H'cap 8.9

Tour Winner

To be honest I think it might have been very lax in the past so is taking some by surprise. I don't mean to be a jobs worth trust me.
    To protect the other members, someone has to be.

tough balance to find for sure but they have to take on some of the responsibility too or they leave you with little choice!
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7