Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gimmie putts in Match play - issues

Hi team!

So, played a few rounds last week in a mini Rydercup stylee thing. We had a few areas that I thought were interesting and seek further advice.

1 - If you give someone a 2 ft putt and they decide to putt it and miss, this is just bad etiquette right? and they do not loose the hole

2 - If your oppo has two putts on a similar line, one, 6 ft away for a birdie and win, whilst the other is 15ft from a hole and maybe for a half. We had a situation were I picked up the ball and gave them the 15ft putt, but they wanted to putt it anyway to see the line.

So hive mind....a penny for your thoughts..............personally I thought I was a bit un sporty but we were having such a tight match and the rules were being tested on every hole...they even hit my playing partners buggy roof on a par three, when he was parked up near the green and wanted to retake the shot.....

Cheers,

M
    Handicap 5.5 - Driver 913 D2 with s+ Blue 70 shaft - Irons Titleist 716 AP2 - Vokey Wedges 52/58 SM5's - Putter Odyssey 2-ball - Balls - Vice Pro Plus

Tour Winner

Re: Gimmie putts in Match play - issues

1) Correct

2) This decision covers it.

2-4/6 Putting Out After Concession of Stroke

Rule 2-4 does not cover the question of whether a player may putt out after his next stroke has been conceded. A player incurs no penalty for holing out in such circumstances. However, if the act would be of assistance to a partner in a four-ball or best-ball match, the partner is, in equity (Rule 1-4), disqualified for the hole.

Tour Winner

1, Yes, once a putt is conceded that's the hole over

2, having conceded the 15ft putt the 6ft putt should have been played, before the practice putt

this is how I would expect it to be
    IN THE BAG
    Orka GS5 10* Driver, 3 wood, GS5 19*, 22* & 25* hybrid,
    Orka RS5 4-6 irons, Orka RS3 7-PW irons
    Orka J29v 52* 56* wedges, Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo putter

H/C
    2017 start 13.6, >13.7, >13.8, <13.2, >13.3, >13.4, >13.5, >13.6, >13.7, >13.8, >13.9, >15.9, >16.0

This was my thoughts for 2...but they insisted on putting it first, to assist the potential winning putt...hence I just picked it up and gave it to them....to they had to putt the shortest putt and then, if they wanted practise the longer putt........which they didn't do...as they missed the short one and then were a bit miffed...and then we had 'Buggygate' on the next hole....

M
    Handicap 5.5 - Driver 913 D2 with s+ Blue 70 shaft - Irons Titleist 716 AP2 - Vokey Wedges 52/58 SM5's - Putter Odyssey 2-ball - Balls - Vice Pro Plus

The buggygate incident allowed the opposition to replay the shot.

http://www.randa.org/Rules-of-Golf/M...t-in-Matchplay
    Last edited by Old Skier; 17-May-2017 at 20:04.

1) Concessions are binding, no taking them back

2) If the 15' is putted and on a similar line to the 6' where it would help, then the ball lying 6' is de facto DQd from the hole

The buggy is equipment and balls deflected by the opponents equipment may be replayed, they also have the choice of taking the result of the deflected shot if they want.
    Last edited by Hosel Fade; 17-May-2017 at 22:07.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

Hosel Fade...are you suggesting they can't putt the 15' ball then if I give it to them? This:

Rule 2-4 does not cover the question of whether a player may putt out after his next stroke has been conceded. A player incurs no penalty for holing out in such circumstances. However, if the act would be of assistance to a partner in a four-ball or best-ball match, the partner is, in equity (Rule 1-4), disqualified for the hole.

Guess I was right all along..............

M

Quote Originally Posted by mikseymono View Post
    Hosel Fade...are you suggesting they can't putt the 15' ball then if I give it to them? This:

M
    Er.. it was answered in post 2

Quote Originally Posted by mikseymono View Post
    But not about the buggy

I've given someone a long putt for a half just as you did, and she also wanted to still take it to show her partner the line
    Er, no. That's why I've given you the putt!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt