Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Rookie"

Re: "The Rookie"

are you just posting this in the hope they send you free stuff???
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Saw this the other day - pretty cool marketing and an interesting journey to follow. Certainly better than some generic 'these shoes will add 5 yards to your drive' guff that others go for

Just one hole and not a monster par three to boot. Not seen the videos yet but the guy must be a total, total beginner if he needs that level of tuition and practice to take Bjorn on. Not got any issues with the challenge and it's a decent coup for Ecco and will create a lot of publicity but six months to learn to play one hole seems a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Just one hole and not a monster par three to boot. Not seen the videos yet but the guy must be a total, total beginner if he needs that level of tuition and practice to take Bjorn on. Not got any issues with the challenge and it's a decent coup for Ecco and will create a lot of publicity but six months to learn to play one hole seems a long time.
    looks like he is getting a lesson every 2 weeks so he will get a total of 12-13 lessons.
    yes, that's a lot of lessons to play one hole.
    No, it's not many lessons to play a hole in front of a live audience at the Danish open against Thomas Bjorn where you are hoping to win.
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

I know when I was hacking it round in 115 each week the idea of playing a par 3 against a pro in front of a crowd would have knocked the wind out of me, a d if been playing a few YEARS at that point!

A lot of coaching for very little gain, this sounds very familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferman View Post
    I know when I was hacking it round in 115 each week the idea of playing a par 3 against a pro in front of a crowd would have knocked the wind out of me, a d if been playing a few YEARS at that point!
    This was my other thought which I couldn't be bothered to type at the time, but hey...

TB is good, regardless of current playing status, he can pretty much hit it anywhere, and that includes close to the hole or miles away from it. He's also done that infront on lots of people before, whereas the Rookie won't have. Who's to say he get lucky and actually hits it forward in the direction of the hole infront of the few media people and club members that they host this for. I'm sure TB will be able to hit it where ever Ecco tell him too.

What happened, anyone know?

Head Pro

It pops up every so often on FB. I think they are still about 6 weeks away from the big day. Last I seen he got fitted for Ping driver and irons.

I though it was happening at the recent made in Denmark event?