Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Re: Anyone else fed up with matchplay comps against guys with hugh handicaps?

Quote Originally Posted by butty57 View Post
    So my issue with handicaps is with the dishonest players amongst us who obviously protect handicaps in order to win prizes here there and everywhere ; it needs stamping out somehow else I think it could ruin this wonderful game.
    Golf is all about honesty and integrity - so there is my issue I'm afraid - the lack of both of these traits in many golfers these days.
    Well that's a totally different discussion.

Agreed!

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by butty57 View Post
    I love to play with different people of any handicaps - that's why I enjoy 'opens' etc.

So my issue with handicaps is with the dishonest players amongst us who obviously protect handicaps in order to win prizes here there and everywhere ; it needs stamping out somehow else I think it could ruin this wonderful game.
    Golf is all about honesty and integrity - so there is my issue I'm afraid - the lack of both of these traits in many golfers these days.
    Simple solution - play in Q open events; these people won't be there. Equally look for events which don't push their large prize tables because they are a magnet for them.

Whilst CONGU has taken steps recently to enable handicap committees to act on consistentnperformance in NQ events there is still a long way to go in enforcing this; it's not a lot different in some clubs with regard to their league team players from some comments that have been made on here over the years.

But then again this is all "a different issue" from both the thread title and your opening post to the thread....
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...