Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Re: Anyone else fed up with matchplay comps against guys with hugh handicaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    I play in a few senior opens in the south of England every year some individual some doubles, plenty if you look around .
    There isn't (Seniors isn't Mens). I lived there long enough. Here we have the choice of half a dozen or more every weekend. In england I found it impossible and in the end can only recall ever playing the Bromborough open (max 7).

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Since the changes have happened we have noticed no difference to who wins the comps

Low - mid HC are still winning the singles KO

And in the big 4BBB it was won by a 4 HC ( me ) and a 6 HC

The winter League was won by a 7 HC and 10 HC

So the changes have not made a difference to who wins and I suspect that's valid at most clubs
    That haven't been my experience since the change

Quote Originally Posted by HughJars View Post
    There isn't (Seniors isn't Mens). I lived there long enough. Here we have the choice of half a dozen or more every weekend. In england I found it impossible and in the end can only recall ever playing the Bromborough open (max 7).
    Yes there's plenty in Scotland, just saying I found it easy to find senior inderviduel opens, but can see your point regarding men's opens

You shouldn't get personal, so I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
    Especially from someone who can't get the use of the word "your" and "you're" correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    Yes there's plenty in Scotland, just saying I found it easy to find senior inderviduel opens, but can see your point regarding men's opens
    you could play a mens individual open here every weekend from April till Oct and seniors 2 or more per week seniors
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

4BBB definitely favours high handicappers using 90% diff. Foursomes usually favours low handicappers. In singles at our club there is I'd say you a better than evens chance the winner will play off single figures, despite a lot of the good players only entering the scratch match play.

As a 12 handicapper I can be giving or receiving 6 or 7 shots. Nothing beats hearing a 5-6 handicapper whining on the tee. They've already beaten themselves.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HampshireHog View Post
    4BBB definitely favours high handicappers using 90% diff. Foursomes usually favours low handicappers. In singles at our club there is I'd say you a better than evens chance the winner will play off single figures, despite a lot of the good players only entering the scratch match play.

As a 12 handicapper I can be giving or receiving 6 or 7 shots. Nothing beats hearing a 5-6 handicapper whining on the tee. They've already beaten themselves.
    All our club all match and match play results are entered and retained (on the IG system) and it's noticeable that in 4BBB the lower handicaps have better statistics. So much so that the local county league restricts the number of cat 1 players as a proportion of the team!

I'm always happier giving than receiving shots - giving 11 in the Q final on Friday
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by butty57 View Post
    Well I'll be blunt about this - I am fed up of playing (and usually losing to) 15+ handicaps who all seem capable of playing many shots below what they are.
    So despite me playing consistently to 8 or 9 (occasionally to 7), I just can't compete with them ... often losing around 14th or 15th holes - so something is not right with the system, that's all I'm saying.
    You are right of course but sadly the higher handicappers and the usual motley crew on here will say you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by scubascuba3 View Post
    You are right of course but sadly the higher handicappers and the usual motley crew on here will say you are wrong
    ...that, plus an exhaustive study by the SGU as quoted earlier

Quote Originally Posted by scubascuba3 View Post
    Plus the facts and stats gained from clubs and golfing unions also state he is wrong. As with yourself - it's just another case of a low HC not being able to handle getting beaten by a higher HC. The answer is always the same - play Scratch matchplay only