Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DQ or Not DQ - Part 2

Player A is marking player B card in a 3 ball. Player A leaves course abruptly and with very little warning due to an emergency phone call.

Player A walks off with Player B card.

Can Player B write out a new card and get Player C to mark it? Or is that just plain bad luck and a DQ for failing to retrieve signed card before Player A disappeared?
    H'cap 8.9

Re: DQ or Not DQ - Part 2

Yes he can write out a new card

The card can't be signed if they haven't finished the round

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Yes he can write out a new card

The card can't be signed if they haven't finished the round
    It has to be signed by player A to the point at which he left (13th hole) and then player C takes over and signs for the rest no?
    H'cap 8.9

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    It has to be signed by player A to the point at which he left (13th hole) and then player C takes over and signs for the rest no?
    Not for me - as long as the player who signs the card at the end has been with the group the whole 18 holes.

Not for me - as long as the player who signs the card at the end has been with the group the whole 18 holes.
    I think that's the way we will play it, seems a bit harsh to DQ as it wasn't really Players B fault that the other player ran off with his card.
    H'cap 8.9

I think that's the way we will play it, seems a bit harsh to DQ as it wasn't really Players B fault that the other player ran off with his card.
    There seems to me to be no ground to DQ them

There seems to me to be no ground to DQ them
    I was only thinking that the card really ought to have all markers signatures on it and that wouldn't be the case if the person who marked the first 13 holes disappeared.
    H'cap 8.9

Tour Winner

In equity Decision 6-6b/6 should be used.

........ the Committee should accept verification of the scores for each hole by someone else who witnessed the round (e.g., the marker's caddie or the competitor's caddie) or, if no one else is available, by the competitor himself. Normally, a competitor who does not have proper verification of his score card is disqualified. However, in this exceptional case where actions beyond the competitor's control resulted in the return of his score card without his marker's signature, there is no penalty.

Head Pro

I was only thinking that the card really ought to have all markers signatures on it and that wouldn't be the case if the person who marked the first 13 holes disappeared.
    You are correct. A marker must sign the card for the holes that they were the marker. This player's card would have two marker signatures.
    Quoting from Decision 6-6b/6 -
    Since A has disappeared, the Committee should make every reasonable effort to contact him. If unsuccessful, the Committee should accept verification of the scores for each hole by someone else who witnessed the round (eg, the marker's caddie or competitor's caddie) or, if no one else is available, by the competitor himself.

edit - see that rulefan posted same.

Yep, I'd go along with this.

Not players fault someone had left abruptly.