Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Proudest Golf Achievement

The best I can come up with is this picture from last week.

image1.jpg

It means nothing to any of you but it has taken me a lot of time and effort into getting my swing to look like this from where I was two years ago. On my very first lesson my Pro told me I had the swing of a 20-handicapper, or probably worse. When he saw this last week he just said "Wow"

There is still work to do and I'm sure you could all pick holes in it but for now, I'm pretty proud of it.
    "Golf is a game where you have to understand yourself. You have to understand what your abilities are and you have to play within your own abilities. And if you get outside of that, that's when you get beat" - Jack Nicklaus

Handicap: 8.5

www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

Won a few things at golf but until today my greatest achievement was my two level par rounds at Blairgowrie in a medal.

Played at Auchterarder today and had an uninspiring first nine and turned 1 over par, then something clicked on the back nine and went I birdie, double, birdie, birdie, bogey, eagle, bogey, birdie and birdie to come back in 30 and have my first sub par round on a full course. Scratch 67/nett 60, for what is probably my one and only time under par.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Won a few things at golf but until today my greatest achievement was my two level par rounds at Blairgowrie in a medal.

Played at Auchterarder today and had an uninspiring first nine and turned 1 over par, then something clicked on the back nine and went I birdie, double, birdie, birdie, bogey, eagle, bogey, birdie and birdie to come back in 30 and have my first sub par round on a full course. Scratch 67/nett 60, for what is probably my one and only time under par.
    think i better get my game in shape for the 29th ....lol
    h`cap 2

driver ping g30 Ls 9.5

callaway `x` 13 deg 3wood
    callaway 1 iron
    callaway razr tour irons 3-9
    cleveland 588`s
    odys versa 7
    pro v 1 x

Q-School Graduate

starting playing in 89` 23 h`cap ..selected for my county in 2000 scratch . but also meeting not only great golfers but some lovely people along the way and proud to call them my friends now ...andy and toad come straight to mind .blessed
    h`cap 2

driver ping g30 Ls 9.5

callaway `x` 13 deg 3wood
    callaway 1 iron
    callaway razr tour irons 3-9
    cleveland 588`s
    odys versa 7
    pro v 1 x

Quote Originally Posted by golfcitydweller View Post
    think i better get my game in shape for the 29th ....lol
    Don't worry it's bound to be short lived.

Tour Winner

Sorry, but l can only vote Doon Frae into second place. Bobmac gets the primary vote.

Personal, is my one and only win in 8 years - which happened to be a board comp so the proof will be on display for the next forty years or so....
    Handicap Challenge - 10 April - 17.9
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    We have a winner!

A personal achievement is great but leaving a legacy is a step further
    The 'legacy' carries on as the son of one of the original group has just won the Wiltshire Championship.
    Forgot to mention one of the original group founded the Jemega Golf Tour.