Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Proudest Golf Achievement

I've never won much......but I did win a whole load of sheckles off the North West bandits + quite a few other forummers when we did a 2 day tourney at Formby and Royal Liverpool. I remember having 24 points on the front 9 at Hoylake and i'll never forget what Fat Tiger called me......I was off 11 at the time though.

Other than that:
    Holding a single figure handicap for a few years,
    Holing out from 248 yards for an Albatross,
    Shooting 1 over gross in the first round of the SAOL trophy
    Have had 3 level par gross rounds (off yellow tees)

My proudest would be if I ever grew a pair, stopped choking/blowing up in medals and got to cat 1
    H/cap 7.6, Lymm Golf Club, St Anne's Old Links Golf Club

Knobbling it around Royal Lytham St Annes a few months after The Open (water in the bunkers one!) in 76, with a 6 at the last.

78 at St Andrews.

My son getting a birdie on his very first hole on his first time on a golf course of any kind, then getting a hole-in-one in his next round. Aged 7!
    Last edited by Piece; 17-May-2017 at 10:06.
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S1
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Piece View Post
    Knobbling it around Royal Lytham St Annes a few months after The Open (water in the bunkers one!) in 76, with a 6 at the last.

78 at St Andrews.

My son getting a birdie on his very first hole on his first time on a golf course of any kind, then getting a hole-in-one in his next round. Aged 7!
    Still dreaming of a hole in one. Amazing stuff from the young lad. Must be well proud of him. Hope he continues to improve. To be fair 76 round Lytham is leading by example.

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    No it doesn't matter but I thought you used to be an assistant pro. Surely turning pro is a bigger achievement than runner up in a society event?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    I would have thought for Homer it would have been getting to cat 1 - getting to 4 is a big deal

I was very proud when I got to cat 1 but the proudest was when I won a memorial comp at Woburn which was in honour of my wife's grandfather who passed away
    All rather presumptuous. If you read what I put..."my best achievement in many a year". I was 16 all that happened and it was nearly 35 years ago. I've been through what changed after that many times so not worth repeating other than I knew it wouldn't be going anywhere. Given the form I was in at the time of the GM event (almost as bad as now) and playing courses I didn't know it still ranks there for me. No idea why others need to poke their noses in and suggest what I should be thinking or putting as my reply.

My proudest moment was playing a par round of golf, in medal competition, only last year at the age of 64.
    Practice, you only get out what you put in, but I'm having second thoughts. In my bag this week TM Aeroburner 9.5 driver, RBZ 3 wood, Titleist 909 21 degree utility, Titleist 909 19 degree utility with TM Vsteel 5 wood shaft, Srixon Z 745/945 irons Nippon shafts, Vokey sm6 50, 52 and 58. Odyssey works cruiser putter, Prov1x, HC 5.
    www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
    www.dunbar-golfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo21 View Post
    My proudest moment was playing a par round of golf, in medal competition, only last year at the age of 64.
    At last
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Got my first eagle on Saturday last week.

To put it in perspective, I'm pretty new back to game after a long time out and back then I was even worse than my current 28. I'm an awful driver of the ball normally, disgusting pushes, slices and hooks but got a straight one on the green on a 265 par 4. Most nervy 6(ish) footer I've ever stood over. Front 9 of 54 and back 9 of 44.

First time I went round blob free & finished with the same ball & it was first time I scored better than handicap & did it on my birthday & with my wife there to watch

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    At last
    Ah Boab Practice, practice and many years of practice. BTW I played a club championship Q at Dunbar a couple of years ago. Out in 3 under only to blow it on the back nine to finish 2 over. Learned a lot that day.
    Practice, you only get out what you put in, but I'm having second thoughts. In my bag this week TM Aeroburner 9.5 driver, RBZ 3 wood, Titleist 909 21 degree utility, Titleist 909 19 degree utility with TM Vsteel 5 wood shaft, Srixon Z 745/945 irons Nippon shafts, Vokey sm6 50, 52 and 58. Odyssey works cruiser putter, Prov1x, HC 5.
    www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
    www.dunbar-golfclub.co.uk

Assistant Pro

Fairly proud to have just been asked (on my 45th birthday) to play for our scratch team for the first time in my life!

Although I feel a bit guilty of smugness in saying it.
    I mean I've worked really hard, too hard, but I should be more humble.
    Vardon: "Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty."