Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Proudest Golf Achievement

What is the golf related achievement that you are most proud of?

It might be a PB, competition result, a shot that went exactly as planned, handing someone's backside to them in a match, or anything else.
    It doesn't have to be what anyone else thinks it should be, just what you are proudest of.

Fire away....

Re: Proudest Golf Achievement

Coming off 18 with the same ball i tee'd up on the 1st
    TM Aeroburner TP 8.6 *PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 14* PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 18* PX 6.5
    Honma TW 727v 4-pw Nippon Modus 120 x
    Yamamoto Wedges 50,54,58
    Odyssey O works Fang 2 Ball

I randomly did a nine hole course in 40 (4 over par) a few months back, which was frankly ridiculous for me. Everything just went right in a way that it never has before or since. I'm still trying to find a way to expand that consistency over 18 though, where my best score has only been 93 so far (or 91 but that was on a 65 par course). I've also had 3 birdies in the last few months, which wouldn't noteworthy to most people, but they used to be a hell of a lot rarer so I'm staying positive and thinking of that as a badge of progress.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Slazenger Firesteel 3 & 5 woods (from original starter set )
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Srixon AD333 balls
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8

Last year was my first season at my new club and I got my first competition win which also brought my first ever handicap cut
    H/C: 15.1 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: Ping G LS tec. 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Victory in my first Stableford tournament. Tasted success early in my competitive golf career and now (so far unsuccessfully) chasing more glory.
    Cobra ZL 9.5° driver - Motore F1 Stiff
    Cobra S3 15° 3 wood - Stiff
    Nike CPR 18° hybrid - Stiff
    Adams Idea Pro CB1 4-GW - Project X 6.0
    Vokeys 54° & 58°
    Odyssey Versa # 7
    h/c - 18.0>18.1>17.2>17.3>17.4>17.5

Winning H4H at West Hill, a fantastic cause and one of my best ever rounds and even more poignant after Rick' s recent demise
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

I've won a few club majors and open events but I think my most satisfying was either shooting 69 in a scratch open last year or getting picked for the county seniors team and winning both my matches so far.

Winning H4H Blackmoor in 2012 on my first ever GM meet, my first ever round on a heathland course and having been invited by Rickg after speaking with him on HDID and only playing golf for less than 12 months at the time, it makes the achievement even more memorable for me now.

Recieving My H4H Award from Rick Garg on my first ever GM meet and first time playing a Heathlan.jpg
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2017

Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 17.5

19 months without an Infraction!!!

Leading the Club Champs after round 1 and then totally falling apart the next day, shooting in the 90's to finish nowhere. Fast forward to the following year and I managed to win, using what I learned in failure the previous year to help me - that was satisfying.
    Ping G25, Mizuno MP60 - 2 iron, Mizuno MX-23 3-PW, Mizuno TP 9 SW, Odyssey No.7
    H'Cap 2015 - 9.2, 9.0, 8.7
    Member: www.pyecombegolfclub.com
    Formerly: snaphookwedge

I shot a 52 on the mega drive