Thread: Google+

Google+

I don't get it?

I'm constantly trying to improve the visibility of my new business and I work hard adding constant content to my website using all the SEO and keyword tricks prompted to me through Yoast.

I'm also constantly uploading the various social media platforms with links to my website and other personal accounts to increase visibility.

I am showing in the normal search engine results using my keywords to great effect and I do run an Adword campaign which I'd rather not do in the future.

However, When I do searches myself I don't come up in the main list in Google Maps but my 2 largest competitors do! I've been informed to keep my Google+ up to date, but, there isn't that much to do with it once it's set up? Where it says 'more' under the main map I do show up in the listing but I want to be in that main Google Map picture.

I've just loaded lots of new content on Google+ with photos of jobs and a link to my website, but who see's those? How do people follow you and find you on Google+? I think I have 1 follower on Google+ and I think that might be myself!

I've also been informed that getting reviews helps but those 2 main competitors don't have any reviews so I'm not sure how relevant that really is?

Over to the computer/website nerds....help please
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2017

Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.1

16 months without an Infraction!!!

Re: Google+

Have you setup and verified your info using Google business including all the location info? https://www.google.co.uk/business/

We have done a lot of social media courses recently, Google analytics, linkedin, websites, Facebook, twitter etc. Google + has pretty much been dismissed by each advisor. Have a page, put some info on it but there are far more important things to do than spend time on that. It just has not taken off.

We have focused more on blog posts, Google love those, and have put videos on you tube, mmm who owns youtube? Yup, Google. Do both of those things, get your analytics right and they will do far more good than Google +. I remember a little from a previous post what you do and Facebook is also likely to be big for you, less for us.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

yeh get blogging and make sure you leave your website address somewhere and use key words in it. ie render rendering etc etc...
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaroid View Post
    Have you setup and verified your info using Google business including all the location info? https://www.google.co.uk/business/
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Yes
    When you go to business.google.com and look at Locations, is your location actually set to Published state?

If it isn't, that's the problem. If it is, dunno.
    Some clubs. (2017 handicap: 11.2, 11.4, 10.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaroid View Post
    When you go to business.google.com and look at Locations, is your location actually set to Published state?

If it isn't, that's the problem. If it is, dunno.
    Yes published, says Maps, Search & Google+

Also says 'I'm all done' so I've pretty much done everything I can?!

Might just be an age thing as those competitors have been around for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooter View Post
    yeh get blogging and make sure you leave your website address somewhere and use key words in it. ie render rendering etc etc...
    In my 'Recent Work' tab on my website I list all my jobs in a blog format with bucket loads of keywords, I link those jobs through FB and Twitter and also RT them through my personal accounts also, I don't think I could do much more tbh!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    In my 'Recent Work' tab on my website I list all my jobs in a blog format with bucket loads of keywords, I link those jobs through FB and Twitter and also RT them through my personal accounts also, I don't think I could do much more tbh!
    you need to find half relevant blogs and reply to them, my wife used to do that 9-5 for companies! boring but worth it for getting up in the google search rankings.
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots