Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Re: Rory signs with TaylorMade - breaking news

I am as big a fan of rory as anyone...but I would love to take him on at wedge play, reckon I could get a dozen balls inside his best attempt from 100 yards...

Never seen anything so tragic, driving it 320 centre fairway then missing the green from 100.

Did he make the cut ?
    Mizuno MP 18's muscleback TM M4 DriverTM M2 3 Wood Glenearn Golf Club

No, he didn't.

Journeyman Pro

Just my opinion but he just doesn't look interested. From the way he walks and his general attitude on the fairway it appears as if his mind wonders once he's hit the Tee shot.

I wondered some years ago if his heavy concentration on gym work to build strength has cost a bit in finesse.
    Or, perhaps a side effect of gaining tremendous wealth early on in his career and contentment in his marriage means the hunger and drive have diminished.

Tis a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    Just my opinion but he just doesn't look interested. From the way he walks and his general attitude on the fairway it appears as if his mind wonders once he's hit the Tee shot.

I wondered some years ago if his heavy concentration on gym work to build strength has cost a bit in finesse.
    Or, perhaps a side effect of gaining tremendous wealth early on in his career and contentment in his marriage means the hunger and drive have diminished.

Tis a pity.
    It’s the same observations people were making about him just after he signed with Nike and had millions and the tennis superstar girlfriend and he looked way off the pace for a good period - then he clicked and won the PGA then The Open and then The US PGA in the same season.

He seems to me that he is trying too hard - going at shots from the fairway really hard and doesn’t seem smooth when he is hitting his irons and then when he does have a chance of birdies he is really going at the putt - he always seemed to end up 4/5 foot past the hole when going for it and then he was struggling for par.

I have no doubt once he clicks again it will all come together again - the man has far too much talent and desire to be out of the running for too long

He isn’t the only one a few have a bit of form issues - Spieth , Stenson , Rose - all searching for early season form.

He's admitted in the past that making cuts doesn't interest him and to me it becomes quite clear as soon as he is a out of it his attitude changes.

Woods used to say as long as he made the cut he thought he could still win, Rory either doesn't believe he can catch up, or doesnt have the grit in him to try. It's a little like young footballers not hitting potential once they get their first big contract.

Rory is a great talent, and i hope he wins a few more majors as on form he is a joy to watch. But its over a year since a win now and atm it's not like he's knocking on the door.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

It's a crazy mindset that though. Look at Justin Thomas last week. Was well out of it and shot 62-64 at the weekend to get into a playoff. Rory's definitely capable of that when he's playing well, he can tear up courses.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Tour Rookie

Can't chip, can't putt = won't win very many tournaments unless things drastically change!
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Can't chip, can't putt = won't win very many tournaments unless things drastically change!
    He needs to ask DJ what he did to improve his wedges and copy it!

I'm embarrassed if I miss a green from 100 yards it's pathetic st that level from the fairway. Approach shots are absolutely terrible for that level.
    H'cap = 4.5

Journeyman Pro

Massive difference between him and woods is tiger would probably trade all his millions to win more majors

Rory is happy to just take the deals and let the money come in.
    In the bag
    TM M2 10.5 Driver
    TM M2 3 wood
    Ping G15 5 wood
    TM Jetspeed 3 Hybrid
    TM Jetspeed 4 Hybrid
    Titliest 716 ap1 6-PW
    SM5 vokey wedges 50, 54 , 58 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 2 Ball with superstroke mid 2.0 grip