Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Assistant Pro TeeItHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Morayshire Scotland
    Posts
    234

    Puma ignite 2017

    Bought a pair for the summer and they are the comfiest golf shoes I've ever worn, comfiest that my Ascics running trainers...........!
    However after playing a couple of rounds in them I would like to warn others that they offer little support, I found that the left foot twists and moves far to much at the end of my swing. I would recommend that you try them 1st and try a swing whilst wearing them.
    Taylormade R15 9.5 stiff driver
    Mizunojpx850 3wood
    Ping G25 17deg hybrid
    Ping i20 3 iron
    callaway apex pro 4-Pw project x 6.0 shafts
    vokey 52deg 08 wedge
    vokey 60deg 08 wedge
    Odyssey white hot mid mallet 34inch putter
    Bridgestone E6
    Mizuno elite carry bag

    Hcp: start may 2014
    18.2
    Hcp: start April 2015
    17.9>16.1>15.8>12.9
    Hcp start of 2016
    12.9>11.3

  2. #2
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,291

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeItHigh View Post
    Bought a pair for the summer and they are the comfiest golf shoes I've ever worn, comfiest that my Ascics running trainers...........!
    However after playing a couple of rounds in them I would like to warn others that they offer little support, I found that the left foot twists and moves far to much at the end of my swing. I would recommend that you try them 1st and try a swing whilst wearing them.
    Never had the grip issue you suggest but agree on the comfort of them, superb.

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Are they spiked or spikeless? I have some puma golf shoes and the original spikes are falling out one by one. I'm replacing them with better spikes that don't fall out. Could the spikes have come out of your shoes and you haven't noticed, hence the issue?

    Ignore all of this if your shoes are spikeless.

    Another thumbs up for the comfort of Puma shoes.

  4. #4
    Tour Rookie Robster59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Newton Mearns
    Posts
    1,316

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Are they spiked or spikeless? I have some puma golf shoes and the original spikes are falling out one by one. I'm replacing them with better spikes that don't fall out. Could the spikes have come out of your shoes and you haven't noticed, hence the issue?

    Ignore all of this if your shoes are spikeless.

    Another thumbs up for the comfort of Puma shoes.
    Exactly the same problem as I had with my Puma's. It looks like the quality of the original spikes is not good in that they break inside the fitting. You can get them out with a pin and the replacements haven't been an issue.

  5. #5
    Assistant Pro TeeItHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Morayshire Scotland
    Posts
    234

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Are they spiked or spikeless? I have some puma golf shoes and the original spikes are falling out one by one. I'm replacing them with better spikes that don't fall out. Could the spikes have come out of your shoes and you haven't noticed, hence the issue?

    Ignore all of this if your shoes are spikeless.

    Another thumbs up for the comfort of Puma shoes.
    No , shoes are spikelesd, the problem is the material covering the foot is quite elasticsated the foot twists in the shoe and the toes look like they're going to change me through!
    Taylormade R15 9.5 stiff driver
    Mizunojpx850 3wood
    Ping G25 17deg hybrid
    Ping i20 3 iron
    callaway apex pro 4-Pw project x 6.0 shafts
    vokey 52deg 08 wedge
    vokey 60deg 08 wedge
    Odyssey white hot mid mallet 34inch putter
    Bridgestone E6
    Mizuno elite carry bag

    Hcp: start may 2014
    18.2
    Hcp: start April 2015
    17.9>16.1>15.8>12.9
    Hcp start of 2016
    12.9>11.3

  6. #6
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Robster59 View Post
    Exactly the same problem as I had with my Puma's. It looks like the quality of the original spikes is not good in that they break inside the fitting. You can get them out with a pin and the replacements haven't been an issue.
    It is annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if they just fell out but they snap and you have to work out little bits of plastic that are wedged in. I have about 5 originals left in total but I lost another at the weekend and I think I may just pre-empt the others and swap them all over. None of the replacement spikes have had an issue. It is surprising that Puma used such awful spikes originally.

    Teeit. I was going to reply to your comment but then got too distracted by your Avatar, ha ha. Sell them on ebay and buy some others. It's your feet, they need to be looked after.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

  7. #7
    Assistant Pro TeeItHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Morayshire Scotland
    Posts
    234

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    It is annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if they just fell out but they snap and you have to work out little bits of plastic that are wedged in. I have about 5 originals left in total but I lost another at the weekend and I think I may just pre-empt the others and swap them all over. None of the replacement spikes have had an issue. It is surprising that Puma used such awful spikes originally.

    Teeit. I was going to reply to your comment but then got too distracted by your Avatar, ha ha. Sell them on ebay and buy some others. It's your feet, they need to be looked after.
    Gone back to my Ecco, was wanting something more like a trainer for the summer, The Avatars far more interesting than me😜

  8. #8
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeItHigh View Post
    Gone back to my Ecco, was wanting something more like a trainer for the summer, The Avatars far more interesting than me
    Ditto. Always a let down for other people though at forum meets. Neither of us will quite meet expectations
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

  9. #9
    Assistant Pro TeeItHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Morayshire Scotland
    Posts
    234

    Re: Puma ignite 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Ditto. Always a let down for other people though at forum meets. Neither of us will quite meet expectations
    That's why I don't go to meets, wouldn't like to see the diss appointment in people's eyes😊
    Taylormade R15 9.5 stiff driver
    Mizunojpx850 3wood
    Ping G25 17deg hybrid
    Ping i20 3 iron
    callaway apex pro 4-Pw project x 6.0 shafts
    vokey 52deg 08 wedge
    vokey 60deg 08 wedge
    Odyssey white hot mid mallet 34inch putter
    Bridgestone E6
    Mizuno elite carry bag

    Hcp: start may 2014
    18.2
    Hcp: start April 2015
    17.9>16.1>15.8>12.9
    Hcp start of 2016
    12.9>11.3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Stop Getting On Rory McIlroy’s Back, We’re Lucky To Have Him

Having seen some recent social media comments, I feel it is time to remember just how good Rory McIlroy is after a season plagued by injury

September 20, 2017

Justin Rose Pledges Support To Save Southwood Golf Course In Hampshire

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough, Hampshire is under threat from the local council and Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose pledged support to save the course he played as a junior

September 20, 2017

American Golf Deals: The Best Current Offers

We check out the best deal that retailer American Golf currently have on their site

September 20, 2017

Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

The finale of the 2017 PGA Tour season happens at East Lake Golf Club check out who we think will do well with these Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017

Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is getting towards the end of the season, check out who the GM Tipster has picked to do well with these Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017