Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Ge 2017

Re: Ge 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I think you might start respecting that some might have views that are different from yours.
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    I respect your right to laugh and disagree with me.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

The political editor on radio 5 late last night thought it was right that the two main leaders stayed away from last nights debate. Why would the two major leaders of the two major party's in the country want to get mixed up in the petty squabbles with the minor political leaders who's only agenda last night appeared to be to gang up on UKIP (no real problem with that) rather than debate any real issues. Is was all about putting their own message across and not debating. Some very childish people bickering on stage, anyone who thinks that's relevant in todays world needs to lie down in a dark room.

Much better idea taking place where the two main leaders can answer (if they have the courage) the real question's that will be put forward by the public. The public can then make up their own mind when they hear the answer.

I respect your right to laugh and disagree with me.
    I don't disagree with the statement, I just found it funny that you said it
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    The political editor on radio 5 late last night thought it was right that the two main leaders stayed away from last nights debate. Why would the two major leaders of the two major party's in the country want to get mixed up in the petty squabbles with the minor political leaders who's only agenda last night appeared to be to gang up on UKIP (no real problem with that) rather than debate any real issues. Is was all about putting their own message across and not debating. Some very childish people bickering on stage, anyone who thinks that's relevant in todays world needs to lie down in a dark room.

Much better idea taking place where the two main leaders can answer (if they have the courage) the real question's that will be put forward by the public. The public can then make up their own mind when they hear the answer.
    I thought last night's debate started pretty well but it soon degenerated into a willy waving contest.

As for an incumbent not entering a debate, I'd like to use a business analogy. A customer(voter) knows all an incumbent's failings. After all, they see them in real time and they are also highlighted by competitors - no friends in business. The customer(voter) hears how good the opposition are through marketing and the usual selling/relationship thing. The hardest business to win is repeat business. The customer knows you warts and all.

I understand why May didn't attend but, equally, this isn't a business. I'm disappointed she did show us she is robust enough to defend the 'business.'
    Give it big humpties

Unfortunately I feel shows like last night, and it was a show, not a debate, does more harm for the political process. A straight forward Q&A which is happening for the two major party's is happening were ducking and weaving will be seen by all and highlighted by the presenter I'm sure.

All those that took part last night IMO did a disservice to politics in the same way as PMQs does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Unfortunately I feel shows like last night, and it was a show, not a debate, does more harm for the political process. A straight forward Q&A which is happening for the two major party's is happening were ducking and weaving will be seen by all and highlighted by the presenter I'm sure.

All those that took part last night IMO did a disservice to politics in the same way as PMQs does now.
    Ah, but it's what happens in America and we must always copy what they do

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Ah, but it's what happens in America and we must always copy what they do
    And look what happened there and the same protagonists who poo pooed debates in the past I suspect are now all for it, supposedly, or does it suit their current agenda.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I thought last night's debate started pretty well but it soon degenerated into a willy waving contest.

As for an incumbent not entering a debate, I'd like to use a business analogy. A customer(voter) knows all an incumbent's failings. After all, they see them in real time and they are also highlighted by competitors - no friends in business. The customer(voter) hears how good the opposition are through marketing and the usual selling/relationship thing. The hardest business to win is repeat business. The customer knows you warts and all.

I understand why May didn't attend but, equally, this isn't a business. I'm disappointed she did show us she is robust enough to defend the 'business.'
    I assume you meant that she didn't show us

And I agree. If she is so sure of her ground and is so confident of her abilities (strong and stable) to stand up for the UK in front of the EU and sell our demands - then surely she can stand up for the Tories in front of the UK public and sell her manifesto.

If I am selling myself to a future employer as being good customer facing - the employer will not go just by a telephone interview or interview with recruitment consultant - he will expect me to sit or stand up in front of them to demonstrate my abilities.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 19-May-2017 at 13:45.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Tour Winner

I assume you meant that she didn't show us

And I agree. If she is so sure of her ground and is so confident of her abilities (strong and stable) to stand up for the UK in front of the EU and sell our demands - then surely she can stand up for the Tories in front of the UK public and sell her manifesto.

If I am selling myself to a future employer as being good customer facing - the employer will not go just by a telephone interview or interview with recruitment consultant - he will expect me to sit or stand up in front of them to demonstrate my abilities.
    She'll be doing that shortly, can't remember the date for her live appearance on TV in front of Joe Public.