Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1161

Thread: Ge 2017

  1. #251
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,575

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    By asking 'is it fair' you imply that there is an aspect of 'unfairness'. But if I as an individual earn £90k I should be grateful and happy to be able to pay a little more (£100/week) into the common pot for the good of others and not just for the good of myself. Because that's the way a civilised, compassionate, caring and mature society works. It works for the many and not just for the self and the few.
    I'm implying nothing. I asked a question and if you for 1 minute could take your blinkers off you my have noticed. You can answer it then.

    If couple A earn £80K (in total) and are taxed at a higher rate,
    Should couple B who earn £70K each be taxed on the £140K that they can earn?

    my thoughts are, - is it fair.

  2. #252
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    I'm implying nothing. I asked a question and if you for 1 minute could take your blinkers off you my have noticed. You can answer it then.

    If couple A earn £80K (in total) and are taxed at a higher rate,
    Should couple B who earn £70K each be taxed on the £140K that they can earn?

    my thoughts are, - is it fair.
    Your question is about how Income Tax is applied and does not seem to relate to the Labour Party proposals. But since you asked.

    As far as I am concerned I do not care how much my neighbour pays or does not pay in IT. If I can afford to pay what I am asked to pay then I happily pay, if I feel it is a struggle to pay I accept that I have to pay and so will happily pay. If I do not care what my neighbour pays then the notion of fairness/unfairness does not come into it. These things only really come into play if I look at my neighbour with envy or resentment.

    I note that the couple on joint £80k could both be earning £40K and so neither would be paying IT at the current 40% higher rate. Couple B would both be taxed at 40%
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  3. #253
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,575

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Your question is about how Income Tax is applied and does not seem to relate to the Labour Party proposals. But since you asked.

    As far as I am concerned I do not care how much my neighbour pays or does not pay in IT. If I can afford to pay what I am asked to pay then I happily pay, if I feel it is a struggle to pay I accept that I have to pay and so will happily pay. If I do not care what my neighbour pays then the notion of fairness/unfairness does not come into it. These things only really come into play if I look at my neighbour with envy or resentment.

    I note that the couple on joint £80k could both be earning £40K and so neither would be paying IT at the current 40% higher rate. Couple B would both be taxed at 40%
    The answer was yes or no. See FD respons. I personally don't care either way and as you are someone that insists on fairness I was only after your take on it.

  4. #254
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    The answer was yes or no. See FD respons. I personally don't care either way and as you are someone that insists on fairness I was only after your take on it.
    OK - hope I've explained my position.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  5. #255
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,575

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    OK - hope I've explained my position.
    Must have missed that. Fair or not, yes or no. I fully appreciatethe system doesn't allow for it.

  6. #256
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Must have missed that. Fair or not, yes or no. I fully appreciatethe system doesn't allow for it.
    Fair yes.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  7. #257
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Ge 2017

    A fine example of how low down the barrel Scottish Tories have to go for candidates.

    https://stv.tv/news/politics/1388805...d-over-tweets/.

  8. #258
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,575

    Re: Ge 2017

    Gone fishing again. Two people make inappropriate tweets ( got to love social media) and you blame it on the Tory Party.

    I presume all SNP members are liars after the leaders Fisheries lies.

  9. #259
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Ge 2017

    One assumes that the Scottish Conservatives had a form of checking/vetting and these two new councillors passed with flying colours.

    Of course it is the fault of the Tory party.

  10. #260
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Ge 2017

    Hammond does a whoopsie, seems to be contagious

    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...cid=spartandhp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

RBC Canadian Open Golf Betting Tips

The PGA Tour are in Canada this week just before the USPGA Championship, check out who we think are going to do well with our RBC Canadian Open Golf Betting Tips

July 26, 2017

Porsche European Open Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour’s first event since a dramatic Open Championship is the Porsche European Open Golf Betting Tips

July 26, 2017

Matt Kuchar looks to push on at Canadian Open

The PGA Tour travels west across the Atlantic to Ontario this week for the RBC Canadian Open. Venezuela’s Jhonattan Vegas defends the title at Glen Abbey GC and Matt Kuchar will look to bounce back strongly after narrowly missing out in The Open Championship at Birkdale.

July 25, 2017

Alexander Levy defends Porsche European Open

After the Open Championship at Royal Birkdale last week, the European Tour travels to Germany for the Porsche European Open. Alexander Levy will be the defending champion at the Green Eagle golf course in Hamburg.

July 25, 2017

The Open 2017: Should the driving range have been out of bounds?

It has had golf fans everywhere talking... Should the driving range have been out of bounds? We look at the crucial rules-related moment in the final round of the Open 2017

July 24, 2017