Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1161

Thread: Ge 2017

  1. #251
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,188

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    By asking 'is it fair' you imply that there is an aspect of 'unfairness'. But if I as an individual earn £90k I should be grateful and happy to be able to pay a little more (£100/week) into the common pot for the good of others and not just for the good of myself. Because that's the way a civilised, compassionate, caring and mature society works. It works for the many and not just for the self and the few.
    I'm implying nothing. I asked a question and if you for 1 minute could take your blinkers off you my have noticed. You can answer it then.

    If couple A earn £80K (in total) and are taxed at a higher rate,
    Should couple B who earn £70K each be taxed on the £140K that they can earn?

    my thoughts are, - is it fair.

  2. #252
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,753

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    I'm implying nothing. I asked a question and if you for 1 minute could take your blinkers off you my have noticed. You can answer it then.

    If couple A earn £80K (in total) and are taxed at a higher rate,
    Should couple B who earn £70K each be taxed on the £140K that they can earn?

    my thoughts are, - is it fair.
    Your question is about how Income Tax is applied and does not seem to relate to the Labour Party proposals. But since you asked.

    As far as I am concerned I do not care how much my neighbour pays or does not pay in IT. If I can afford to pay what I am asked to pay then I happily pay, if I feel it is a struggle to pay I accept that I have to pay and so will happily pay. If I do not care what my neighbour pays then the notion of fairness/unfairness does not come into it. These things only really come into play if I look at my neighbour with envy or resentment.

    I note that the couple on joint £80k could both be earning £40K and so neither would be paying IT at the current 40% higher rate. Couple B would both be taxed at 40%
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  3. #253
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,188

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Your question is about how Income Tax is applied and does not seem to relate to the Labour Party proposals. But since you asked.

    As far as I am concerned I do not care how much my neighbour pays or does not pay in IT. If I can afford to pay what I am asked to pay then I happily pay, if I feel it is a struggle to pay I accept that I have to pay and so will happily pay. If I do not care what my neighbour pays then the notion of fairness/unfairness does not come into it. These things only really come into play if I look at my neighbour with envy or resentment.

    I note that the couple on joint £80k could both be earning £40K and so neither would be paying IT at the current 40% higher rate. Couple B would both be taxed at 40%
    The answer was yes or no. See FD respons. I personally don't care either way and as you are someone that insists on fairness I was only after your take on it.

  4. #254
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,753

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    The answer was yes or no. See FD respons. I personally don't care either way and as you are someone that insists on fairness I was only after your take on it.
    OK - hope I've explained my position.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  5. #255
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,188

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    OK - hope I've explained my position.
    Must have missed that. Fair or not, yes or no. I fully appreciatethe system doesn't allow for it.

  6. #256
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,753

    Re: Ge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Must have missed that. Fair or not, yes or no. I fully appreciatethe system doesn't allow for it.
    Fair yes.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  7. #257
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,718

    Re: Ge 2017

    A fine example of how low down the barrel Scottish Tories have to go for candidates.

    https://stv.tv/news/politics/1388805...d-over-tweets/.

  8. #258
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,188

    Re: Ge 2017

    Gone fishing again. Two people make inappropriate tweets ( got to love social media) and you blame it on the Tory Party.

    I presume all SNP members are liars after the leaders Fisheries lies.

  9. #259
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,718

    Re: Ge 2017

    One assumes that the Scottish Conservatives had a form of checking/vetting and these two new councillors passed with flying colours.

    Of course it is the fault of the Tory party.

  10. #260
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,718

    Re: Ge 2017

    Hammond does a whoopsie, seems to be contagious

    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...cid=spartandhp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

10 New Year’s Resolutions For Every Golfer

A new year calls for new resolutions. It’s time to wipe the worries of 2017 away and start over with a fresh new slate. Dust off your clubs, stock up on tees and forget about all those three putts. Enjoy your golf game even more this season by taking up these New Year’s resolutions. By Sam Tremlett

December 12, 2017

Golf To Scrap Viewer Call-Ins On Rules Infringements

Golf's governing bodies have responded to the Lexi Thompson debacle in April

December 11, 2017

Shubhankar Sharma wins Joburg Open

Shubhankar Sharma of India held his nerve to win the weather-delayed Joburg Open at the Randpark Golf Club by three shots from South Africa’s Erik Van Rooyen.

December 11, 2017

Stricker and O’Hair win QBE Shootout

Steve Stricker and Sean O’Hair battled through cold and windy conditions to win the QBE Shootout at Tiburon GC in Florida by two shots from Irish pairing of Shane Lowry and Graeme McDowell.

December 11, 2017

Rory McIlroy To Keep Harry Diamond As Caddie In 2018

The four-time major winner will keep best mate Harry Diamond on the bag in 2018

December 8, 2017