Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Ge 2017

Re: Ge 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    By asking 'is it fair' you imply that there is an aspect of 'unfairness'. But if I as an individual earn 90k I should be grateful and happy to be able to pay a little more (100/week) into the common pot for the good of others and not just for the good of myself. Because that's the way a civilised, compassionate, caring and mature society works. It works for the many and not just for the self and the few.
    I'm implying nothing. I asked a question and if you for 1 minute could take your blinkers off you my have noticed. You can answer it then.

If couple A earn 80K (in total) and are taxed at a higher rate,
    Should couple B who earn 70K each be taxed on the 140K that they can earn?

my thoughts are, - is it fair.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    I'm implying nothing. I asked a question and if you for 1 minute could take your blinkers off you my have noticed. You can answer it then.

If couple A earn 80K (in total) and are taxed at a higher rate,
    Should couple B who earn 70K each be taxed on the 140K that they can earn?

my thoughts are, - is it fair.
    Your question is about how Income Tax is applied and does not seem to relate to the Labour Party proposals. But since you asked.

As far as I am concerned I do not care how much my neighbour pays or does not pay in IT. If I can afford to pay what I am asked to pay then I happily pay, if I feel it is a struggle to pay I accept that I have to pay and so will happily pay. If I do not care what my neighbour pays then the notion of fairness/unfairness does not come into it. These things only really come into play if I look at my neighbour with envy or resentment.

I note that the couple on joint 80k could both be earning 40K and so neither would be paying IT at the current 40% higher rate. Couple B would both be taxed at 40%
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Your question is about how Income Tax is applied and does not seem to relate to the Labour Party proposals. But since you asked.

As far as I am concerned I do not care how much my neighbour pays or does not pay in IT. If I can afford to pay what I am asked to pay then I happily pay, if I feel it is a struggle to pay I accept that I have to pay and so will happily pay. If I do not care what my neighbour pays then the notion of fairness/unfairness does not come into it. These things only really come into play if I look at my neighbour with envy or resentment.

I note that the couple on joint 80k could both be earning 40K and so neither would be paying IT at the current 40% higher rate. Couple B would both be taxed at 40%
    The answer was yes or no. See FD respons. I personally don't care either way and as you are someone that insists on fairness I was only after your take on it.

The answer was yes or no. See FD respons. I personally don't care either way and as you are someone that insists on fairness I was only after your take on it.
    OK - hope I've explained my position.

OK - hope I've explained my position.
    Must have missed that. Fair or not, yes or no. I fully appreciatethe system doesn't allow for it.

Must have missed that. Fair or not, yes or no. I fully appreciatethe system doesn't allow for it.
    Fair yes.

Ryder Cup Winner

A fine example of how low down the barrel Scottish Tories have to go for candidates.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1388805...d-over-tweets/.

Gone fishing again. Two people make inappropriate tweets ( got to love social media) and you blame it on the Tory Party.

I presume all SNP members are liars after the leaders Fisheries lies.

Ryder Cup Winner

One assumes that the Scottish Conservatives had a form of checking/vetting and these two new councillors passed with flying colours.

Of course it is the fault of the Tory party.

Ryder Cup Winner

Hammond does a whoopsie, seems to be contagious

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...cid=spartandhp