Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ge 2017

Re: Ge 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    No
    I just have a good old laugh at the minority Scottish parties continually banging on a great deal more about the SNP continually banging on about independence.
    When they get independence will they disappear like UKIP?
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 11.6

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    No
    I just have a good old laugh at the minority Scottish parties continually banging on a great deal more about the SNP continually banging on about independence.
    Is it a bad thing for any party to highlight the good and the bad. Or don't you want the truth colouring the landscape. Remind us of how much the lauded, rightly so, Scottish education system has fallen in recent years.

The SNP have some great, caring policies but to quote others, they need to get on with the day job. And, again, the stats are all out there about how much time the SNP spends talking about independence and how much time is spent on the problems that are in front of the Scottish people NOW!

Education and the Scottish NHS fall under the remit of the Scottish Parliament. How about explaining why the SNP blame Westminster for a drop in funding when its the SNP's responsibility to allocate the funding?

Oh but we daren't talk about the failings of the precious SNP because that would be unfair to the teeny weeny party.
    Give it big humpties

Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Is it a bad thing for any party to highlight the good and the bad. Or don't you want the truth colouring the landscape. Remind us of how much the lauded, rightly so, Scottish education system has fallen in recent years.

The SNP have some great, caring policies but to quote others, they need to get on with the day job. And, again, the stats are all out there about how much time the SNP spends talking about independence and how much time is spent on the problems that are in front of the Scottish people NOW!

Education and the Scottish NHS fall under the remit of the Scottish Parliament. How about explaining why the SNP blame Westminster for a drop in funding when its the SNP's responsibility to allocate the funding?

Oh but we daren't talk about the failings of the precious SNP because that would be unfair to the teeny weeny party.
    The SNP spend too much time responding to questions from wee Ruthie and Kezia about Indyref2 and indepedence in general. Maybe if Labour and the Tories (especially) in Scotland would shut up about it, the SNP could get on with sorting Scottish Education.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I read a political autobiography many years ago about an ex-PM. In it he said one of the hardest things for any leading politician to do is to put aside their personal opinions and to reflect the wishes of the people. May may have been a Remainer in the run up to the referendum, and following the party whip, but I don't expect her to do anything other than what she is doing now. In fact, I'd be very disappointed in her if she did any different. However, if she'd become a backbencher I would expect her to have carried being a Remainer.

I'm surprised you don't understand that concept, or does it not satisfy your understanding of senior management. On a personal level, you must have enacted company policy you disagreed with...
    Yes I do comply with company policy I have to adhere to. The point is that I do not have a choice. Not only does Mauy have a choice - she is driving the policy. And for Brexit the policy does not NEED to be a clean and absolute severing of ties with the EU and it's associated governance bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    You are completely wrong here. During the referendum she was very quiet and said very little about Brexit. She was a senior cabinet member and as such has to abide by collective responsibility. After the vote she has accepted the majority will of the people which is the right thing to do, if she didn't she should return to the back benches to fester over the vote. Shes not like you, you are rabid in your hatred for people with a different view, you will not or can not accept your view lost and now you should accept it. I have voted for the losing side in many elections but I didnt spend most of my waking hours ranting on about it. Calling her a 'Liar' is wrong.
    I am completely wrong? You are having a laugh - and you do make good jokes.

You know very well that, regardless of how much she said prior to the vote, she was ABSOLUTELY 100% against Leaving - no ifs, no buts, no caveats. May was 100% against Leaving and very clear about the damage that the UK would sustain. What is it about that that you deny?

And to compare this Referendum as if it were a GE - something that can be changed in 4-5 years time is fatuous - and you know it. You know exactly why those who voted to Remain are concerned and will not shut up. Because the Great British Public (whose will you venerate unless it might change it's mind) will not be able to change it's decision 5 yrs down the line - we are likely stuck with the decision for many decades.

And as an aside - I am not rabid and I hate no-body. Please stop using such inflammatory language directed at me as an individual. You are showing yourself up - you should be embarrassed and ashamed.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 15-May-2017 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    The SNP spend too much time responding to questions from wee Ruthie and Kezia about Indyref2 and indepedence in general. Maybe if Labour and the Tories (especially) in Scotland would shut up about it, the SNP could get on with sorting Scottish Education.
    Well, I've just split my sides laughing at that response. Its the Labour and Tories fault that the SNP haven't got the time run the country... do you honestly believe that? That is so laughable in the extreme.

So maybe its all the other parties fault that the Tories have called an election... its like a sketch from Monty Python's Life of Brian when the suicide squad kill themselves and say "that showed 'em."

Well, if you believe that there's no arguing with you... crikey, you need some serious counselling if you believe that.
    Give it big humpties

Journeyman Pro CheltenhamHacker's Avatar

Are you honestly saying this, seriously?
    Current bag:
    Ping G25's: 3W, 23* Hybrid, 4i-PW
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 52*, 56*
    Putter: Ping Anser

Handicap: 20.0>20.1>20.2>20.3>20.4>20.5>20.6 Going the wrong way.
    Handicap Aim: 18 by 01/01/2014 (this is looking much harder....)
    Member of Naunton Downs, Gloucestershire

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

They could, of course, very quickly end that line of questioning and get back to wrecking our education system.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 4/5 Hybrids
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 5-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.6

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post

They could, of course, very quickly end that line of questioning and get back to wrecking our education system.
    If there's anything left to be wrecked

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamHacker View Post
    Are you honestly saying this, seriously?
    I sprayed tea over my keyboard when I read the original comment. Nicola is to Scottish independence what Farage was to leaving the EU. It is 90% of her comments. SNP supporters can't complain when others start to take her on about the same subject. Well, they can but they will look very silly. Now to find some dry wipes to sort this keyboard out.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter