Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Im Either great or crap!! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    So Tee shots are ok?
    Yeah generally drives are fairly dependable and are around the 240-250ish mark. Chipping has improved massively now that I can get onto the practice ground which thankfully our club has great facilities. As I say It's just the "blow-up" holes where I come off with nothing that's killing me.
    I think its gonna be down to just riding through it and keep practising.
    Im also using the gameGolf app, this is pretty good for seeing where my weak shots are and gives me pointers as to where i need to concentrate practice.

The reason I ask is in your OP you mention trees and OOB.
    I thought maybe you were getting into trouble off the tee
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by 10cclo View Post
    Yeah generally drives are fairly dependable and are around the 240-250ish mark.
    You need to work on this - everyone else on here has at least a 300 carry.
    • Welton Manor Golf Club
    • 2017: 20.1 ---> 21.0 ---> 20.6
    • 2016: 21.5 ---> 22.0 ---> 19.5 ---> 20.1
    • 2015: 21.0 ---> 21.5

The band was formed from the majority of prognosis members. Who is this btw? Do we know each other?
    No mate but I've seen Prognosis quite a few times. I was saying to my regular pp a while ago, "that fella looks a dead ringer for the drummer from Prognosis" so it all kind of makes sense now 😁

Cool Re: Im Either great or crap!! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnShep View Post
    You need to work on this - everyone else on here has at least a 300 carry.

Hmm don't think so I'm struggling with the game enough without worrying about macho distance of 300 yards, and how would you know that "everyone" has a carry distance of 300yards, you seen them all play? Thats amazing if you have

So who are ya then so i can say hi at the club?

Hmm don't think so I'm struggling with the game enough without worrying about macho distance of 300 yards, and how would you know that "everyone" has a carry distance of 300yards, you seen them all play? Thats amazing if you have
    I think he was joking
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

So who are ya then so i can say hi at the club?
    Martyn Vaughan, Malcolm and Colin know me, the @rsehole with the beard they'll probably say lol.

Actually tried the new callaway epic at American Golf last week and pitted it against my current Cobra Amp cell. Now dont know if the trackman results are "helped" but my average with mine was 250-255 and the epic was 265-270, plus the dispersion was a lot tighter with the epic. £430 though, ouch!

Something needs to change. The problem is what? Recent lessons I've had haven't thrown up any problems with the swing in general. The only issue was a slight over the top plane. This doesn't seem to be affecting the ball strike but it's still something I'm trying to rectify by using the zepp golf analyser. Also thinking about it a bit more the last few bad rounds I've had have been in reasonable windy conditions that definitely seems to be an issue as well.
    There is the problem, guaranteed.

A "slight" over the top in a lesson can easily transform into much more over the plane on the course. Out to in, too steep angle of attack and it can get worse under a bit of stress or when your body isn't moving so freely.

Also, as a result of this you will have excess spin on the ball which will show up as an issue in the wind.

Fix the downswing plane.