Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72
  1. #61
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    179

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by delc View Post
    She (Carly Booth) is the 6th longest hitter on the Ladies European Tour and after a bit of a rocky patch has made the cut in all the 3 events she has played this year, with a best finish of 8th. She has also won a non-sanctioned tournament. She probably made the mistake of taking the Nike shilling, which seemed to coincide with her dip in form after twice being a winner on the LET. I voted for her, but not surprisingly, the Golf Channel's Blair O'Neal seems to be in the lead.
    What did she play before Nike and when?

  2. #62
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,757

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    FD,
    I bet if a man came on here whingeing and moaning, saying he'd patted it around "like a girl" all day, you'd be all over him like a rash. Yet if you write it it's OK.

    If Tiger spits in the hole, he's a bad example for golf. If Lexi cheats, she's a bad example for women's golf. If a kid at the local club throws his club in front of people, he's a bad advert for the Juniors. If an old fart is rude to a lady or a junior, he's let the Seniors down.
    If my old schoolmate off 16 who earns £80K bangs a club, people will laugh, if I do it on the next hole, I'm letting down pros.
    It's all just how it is. No indignation will change that.
    The sig comment was a tongue in cheek remark to try and stop people saying "your short game must be very good cos you're a very short hitter for your handicap." Which was getting a bit tedious, to be honest.

    Not indignant, just challenging preconceptions. Appreciate not everyone is open to that.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 4 Hybrid
    Titleist AP3 Irons 5-PW, 48*
    Vokey 52*, 58*

    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.5

    Paid up member of the PC Brigade.

  3. #63
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,461

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
    What did she play before Nike and when?
    No idea, but probably something decent such as Titleist, Ping or Callaway. She was with Nike from 2010 to 2016, but don't know if she was always using their clubs. Now sponsored by Puma/Cobra.

  4. #64
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    179

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by delc View Post
    No idea, but probably something decent such as Titleist, Ping or Callaway. She was with Nike from 2010 to 2016, but don't know if she was always using their clubs. Now sponsored by Puma/Cobra.
    Great post with no idea of facts!

  5. #65
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,461

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
    Great post with no idea of facts!
    I know she was sponsored by Nike from 2010 to 2016, and now by Puma/Cobra. This info is available online in their websites if you wish to check it.

  6. #66
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    179

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by delc View Post
    I know she was sponsored by Nike from 2010 to 2016, and now by Puma/Cobra. This info is available online in their websites if you wish to check it.
    And when she was an amateur? I.e. Before she turned Pro?

  7. #67
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,461

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
    And when she was an amateur? I.e. Before she turned Pro?
    If you really want to know, you can ask her on her web site, as there is a section where you can send in questions. 😀

  8. #68
    Journeyman Pro Capella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,580

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    I've been thinking about this for a while now. It did not sit well with me at all, but it took me a while to pinpoint where the problem is. I appreciate the LPGA trying to bring more viewers to the ladies' game. That's good for everyone involved, it brings more money, more exposure and more opportunities for the players. So far so good. It is also a nice touch to tie in the social media angle. Publicity has become a lot more than just tv and magazines and it is good to realize that and to try to do someting with it. The problem is that everyone (and rightfully so, I am afraid) at once jumps to the conclusion that the lady voted in will be the most popular based on her looks and sex appeal. That's not the LPGA's fault. It is a cultural phenomenon that shows that we are still far away from gender equality in that respect. It also means that the viewers that will and shall be attracted with this are mostly male. And maybe that is the problem. The goal, in my opinion, should be to promote the LPGA and golf as a whole, more to women: as viewers and as potential players. I would feel much better if instead of sending out a message of: "Look, guys, female golf is sexy and therefore you should watch it", the campaign would send out a message of: "Look, girls, golf is awesome, it combines athletic skill with intelligence and mental strength. It is amazing to watch and even more amazing to play, and you can learn to do this, too." That does not mean that men should not watch ladies' golf, of course. But if they only watch it to see nimble blonde girls in short skirts, I would rather refer them to cheerleading, to be honest.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25° Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

  9. #69
    Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Amersham Bucks
    Posts
    10,446

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a while now. It did not sit well with me at all, but it took me a while to pinpoint where the problem is. I appreciate the LPGA trying to bring more viewers to the ladies' game. That's good for everyone involved, it brings more money, more exposure and more opportunities for the players. So far so good. It is also a nice touch to tie in the social media angle. Publicity has become a lot more than just tv and magazines and it is good to realize that and to try to do someting with it. The problem is that everyone (and rightfully so, I am afraid) at once jumps to the conclusion that the lady voted in will be the most popular based on her looks and sex appeal. That's not the LPGA's fault. It is a cultural phenomenon that shows that we are still far away from gender equality in that respect. It also means that the viewers that will and shall be attracted with this are mostly male. And maybe that is the problem. The goal, in my opinion, should be to promote the LPGA and golf as a whole, more to women: as viewers and as potential players. I would feel much better if instead of sending out a message of: "Look, guys, female golf is sexy and therefore you should watch it", the campaign would send out a message of: "Look, girls, golf is awesome, it combines athletic skill with intelligence and mental strength. It is amazing to watch and even more amazing to play, and you can learn to do this, too." That does not mean that men should not watch ladies' golf, of course. But if they only watch it to see nimble blonde girls in short skirts, I would rather refer them to cheerleading, to be honest.
    Excellent post 👍
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.1 Whipsnade Park GC

  10. #70
    Global Moderator DCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Midlothian
    Posts
    7,494

    Re: LPGA Invite by Twitter Poll

    Thread tidied and several posts removed.

    Let's keep it on track please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Rory McIlroy Lights Up Wentworth With 65 To Lead BMW PGA

The four-time major winner is in a commanding position after 36 holes

May 25, 2018

Kevin Na And Caddie Have Hilarious Exchange On Way To Birdie

Kevin Na went for a miracle shot despite his caddie disagreeing. It led to a birdie

May 25, 2018

Gary Player: ‘Shame For Global Game More US Players Aren’t At Wentworth’

Player tweeted his disappointment at the lack of American players in the European Tour's flagship event

May 25, 2018

BMW PGA Championship 2018 Tee Times: Round Two

The McIlroy, Noren and Westwood group are out at 8am on Friday

May 24, 2018

Is This The Worst Golf Swing Of All Time?

This is definitely not how you're supposed to play golf...

May 24, 2018