Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

What makes it a non qualifier?

If everyone has to hole out, course measured standard rules of golf, what would make a shotgun start a non qualifier? Does the shotgun start cause the issue?

There was a nearest the pin on one hole, would that cause an issue?

Asking because a guy I know had the round of his life. Shot 50 points playing off 17 and been told he can't submit the card.

Tour Winner

Re: What makes it a non qualifier?

Decision.1(g) Competitions in which competitors are authorised by the Committee to commence play elsewhere
    than from the first tee will be Qualifying Competitions for handicap purposes provided all other
    requirements of the UHS are satisfied. This includes ‘Shotgun Starts’.

Journeyman Pro

Thanks, do you have a link that provides the requirements of the UHS?

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    Decision.1(g) Competitions in which competitors are authorised by the Committee to commence play elsewhere
    than from the first tee will be Qualifying Competitions for handicap purposes provided all other
    requirements of the UHS are satisfied. This includes ‘Shotgun Starts’.
    Presumably that means the club in OP case should be calculating CSS and adjusting everyone in the comp accordingly? (Although it sounds like they never had the intention of doing so?) They presumably can't/ won't deal with the one good card in isolation?
    Handicap Challenge - 18.7 (10 Oct)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Tour Winner

They can't adjust from one card in isolation.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by woody69 View Post
    Thanks, do you have a link that provides the requirements of the UHS?
    http://www.congu.co.uk/

Ryder Cup Winner

If everyone has to hole out, course measured standard rules of golf, what would make a shotgun start a non qualifier? Does the shotgun start cause the issue?

There was a nearest the pin on one hole, would that cause an issue?

Asking because a guy I know had the round of his life. Shot 50 points playing off 17 and been told he can't submit the card.
    I wondering if the guy would have expected a 0.1 back had he shot 25 points

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I wondering if the guy would have expected a 0.1 back had he shot 25 points
    I dunno. Turns out I was wrong though as it's not so much as he 'can't' submit the card, but is happy with the fact he doesn't have to and will go into their Saturday medal with no cut and a good chance to win it, whilst getting cut after.

Seems he thinks he's not 'protecting his handicap' as the comp he won, was effectively only a fiver back after you took off the entry fee. He doesn't get why people might be a little annoyed with him...

Say's he wants to get cut, but only whilst winning something. No idea he's a bandit.

Do people ever get cut on general play? He can't submit it as a supplementary as he didn't say before the comp it would be.

Tour Winner

Do people ever get cut on general play? .
    Not for a one off situation like this. The handicap/comps committee should be taken to task for not making it a qualifier.

Do people ever get cut on general play? He can't submit it as a supplementary as he didn't say before the comp it would be.
    If the committee declared the comp to be a non-qualifier, he does not have the option to declare the round as a supplementary.
    Ping Rapture 13*Ping G 16.5* 3-woodPing G 19* & 22* hybridsCallaway Apex CF16 5i-AWTitleist Vokey wedgesScotty Futura XCallaway Chrome Soft