Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Happy St Totteringham Day - NOT

Well, I'm the first to admit it's been an extremely long time, but it's great to finish above Arsenal.
    Credit where it's due, they've been the bigger boys in North London, but not THIS year.

So you can stop your silly St Totteringham day....
    Titleist 915 D2 Driver 10.5 Deg Diamana Blue
    Titleist 915f 3 Fairway Wood Diamana Red
    Cobra DWS Hybrid Aldila NV 65R
    Cleveland CG16 4-PW
    Cleveland CG16 48 Deg GW
    Cleveland Tour Action 53 Deg GW
    Cobra SW
    TaylorMade Ghost Maranello Putter

Handicap 14.4

Re: Happy St Totteringham Day - NOT

lol, congrats youve finally finished above us (should have ended it 3 years ago and every year since!), expect its a while until it goes back the other way sadly, complete rebuild needed starting at the top whereas if you manage to keep hold of everyone should only improve as a squad (albeit being at wembley and in CL gonna make next year a touch harder initially)

enjoy your celebrations
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Tour Rookie

I think one of the biggest challenges will be to keep what we've got. Tottenham aren't the biggest payers, I think our highest paid is Lloris on £80k per week.
    Unfortunately at the end of the day money talks and we can't compete with Chelsea, Man City ,ManUtd and Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
    I think one of the biggest challenges will be to keep what we've got. Tottenham aren't the biggest payers, I think our highest paid is Lloris on £80k per week.
    Unfortunately at the end of the day money talks and we can't compete with Chelsea, Man City ,ManUtd and Arsenal
    On the plus side you have 2 or 3 assets that if you choose to sell that are going to give you a huge war chest of money, a lot will depend if and when this happens how you spend it
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    On the plus side you have 2 or 3 assets that if you choose to sell that are going to give you a huge war chest of money, a lot will depend if and when this happens how you spend it
    Well, I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. However if it does then I hope it's spent better than the money we got for Gareth Bale.
    Titleist 915 D2 Driver 10.5 Deg Diamana Blue
    Titleist 915f 3 Fairway Wood Diamana Red
    Cobra DWS Hybrid Aldila NV 65R
    Cleveland CG16 4-PW
    Cleveland CG16 48 Deg GW
    Cleveland Tour Action 53 Deg GW
    Cobra SW
    TaylorMade Ghost Maranello Putter

Handicap 14.4

Your biggest problem might be holding on to Pochettino, the likes of Barca and RM will definitely be sniffing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus1212 View Post
    Your biggest problem might be holding on to Pochettino, the likes of Barca and RM will definitely be sniffing around.
    poch will never manage Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    poch will never manage Barcelona
    Surely not because of what the article claimed he said

Shame the headline doesn't match his words which are very diplomatic- no doubt he would take the job

The link between Pochettino and Barça was reignited last week when he was spotted in a Barcelona bar with the club’s president, Josep Maria Bartomeu. But Pochettino dismissed it as a chance meeting and, given that he previously played for and managed Espanyol, he made it clear there was no possibility of him ever going to Barcelona. “It was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” Pochettino said. “I know him [Bartomeu] for a long time – before he became chairman of Barcelona. Our children went to the same school in Barcelona. We spent five minutes together. That was the reality. After that you know the rumour is impossible to stop.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day [the Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal. In football I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart and emotion. But for me before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan. I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...nham-barcelona

He would leap at the chance of managing Messi for example

Good wins for both Chelsea and Spurs and some strike by Pedro. Things looking good for that part of North London and once they get the new ground and invest in a stronger squad they'll be a top four force for a few years to come. As for Arsenal, as a neutral, looking in, it looks like Wenger is a tired man and you wonder what he can really do differently to make a difference and personally think it's time for him to call it a day and walk away, hopefully with the FA cup as a farwell present

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Surely not because of what the article claimed he said

Shame the headline doesn't match his words which are very diplomatic- no doubt he would take the job

The link between Pochettino and Barça was reignited last week when he was spotted in a Barcelona bar with the club’s president, Josep Maria Bartomeu. But Pochettino dismissed it as a chance meeting and, given that he previously played for and managed Espanyol, he made it clear there was no possibility of him ever going to Barcelona. “It was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” Pochettino said. “I know him [Bartomeu] for a long time – before he became chairman of Barcelona. Our children went to the same school in Barcelona. We spent five minutes together. That was the reality. After that you know the rumour is impossible to stop.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day [the Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal. In football I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart and emotion. But for me before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan. I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...nham-barcelona

He would leap at the chance of managing Messi for example
    ? you're regurgitating one of the various stories about Pochettino and Barcelona ... will you actually make a point or is it just one more to the post count .
    the Barcelona job is up...you think he'll go there?