Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ v Wlad

AJ v Wlad

Anyone interested in the "biggest fight in British history" this weekend?

I notice the price of PPV has gone up a few quid.

Predictions?

Re: AJ v Wlad

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Anyone interested in the "biggest fight in British history" this weekend?

I notice the price of PPV has gone up a few quid.

Predictions?
    Not interested in the least. Sadly the days have gone that I TV had 18m viewers for a REAL world title fight
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Im not really into boxing.
    But this just comes across as a complete bore fest.

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Not interested in the least. Sadly the days have gone that I TV had 18m viewers for a REAL world title fight
    Remember sitting up with my Dad watching the boxing on ITV on a Saturday night, good times.
    Think AJ will win on Saturday but hate all this Pay per view crap, we pay enough for Sky as it is.
    Cheers Brian

No chance I pay for it

Might watch it in the pub if I am out

AJ for me. 1/2 on is quite generous odds so will stick a few hundred on if I do watch.
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->21.5->20.3->18.8->19.1->17.9->17.0->16.4->15.8->15.5

Brian, me too. I can remember following barry mcguigan and Frank Bruno on BBC, Benn, Watson, Eubanks on itv. You saw their careers grow. Now I don't know or care about most boxers.

Aj seems a decent bloke so I hope he wins. The question presumably is whether VK is shot or still has what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Brian, me too. I can remember following barry mcguigan and Frank Bruno on BBC, Benn, Watson, Eubanks on itv. You saw their careers grow. Now I don't know or care about most boxers.

Aj seems a decent bloke so I hope he wins. The question presumably is whether VK is shot or still has what is required.
    I'm hoping Wlad rolls back the years and pulls out a performance that puts an end to the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
    Remember sitting up with my Dad watching the boxing on ITV on a Saturday night, good times.
    Think AJ will win on Saturday but hate all this Pay per view crap, we pay enough for Sky as it is.
    Many years ago I helped run a large football club. Charlie Magri had just won the WBC World flyweight crown and his brother played for us and said he'd bring him down to present the prizes to the (quite huge) junior section.

There were hundreds of people there, kids of all ages and everyone knew who Magri was as his fight were televised live like all the top boxing was back then. Nowadays I wouldn't be able to pick out a top boxer in an id parade. There are too many different titles and I will NEVER pay to view
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

20 quid and its not even in ultra HD? rubbish!! i want AJ to smash him and i think he will, but 20 quid?! i very much doubt i will get it.
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Hope AJ can win, Klitschko is hanging on for silly pay days and isn't value for money any more.
    Agree too many versions of titles kills it, just a cash cow for governing bodies and promoters and fighters, how can you have 5 worlds champions at the same weight. Apart from darts which had 2 governing bodies/world titles can't think of any other sport that does that. Golf has different tours but we have 4 majors like tennis. Boxing needs to sort itself out. One governing body and fighther have to defend title every 6 months, something like that otherwise general disinterest will continue. What's happened in USA - used to produce the best now cant find one decent heavyweight?
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter