Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Head Pro

Re: Dream job interview - advice needed!

Keep at it mate and well done

Took me SIX interviews with the final one being a three man panel for my new job so keep climbing!!!

I went for an interview for a brilliant job several years ago.....and got the job.
    The boss turned out to be a bit of a barsteward.
    In the end I couldn't wait to leave.

The moral of the story is......... if you don't get the job you might have had a lucky escape.
    Hope you get the job though
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    I went for an interview for a brilliant job several years ago.....and got the job.
    The boss turned out to be a bit of a barsteward.
    In the end I couldn't wait to leave.

The moral of the story is......... if you don't get the job you might have had a lucky escape.
    Hope you get the job though
    Was you self-employed Bob?
    handicap 13.2

Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Money List Winner

Don't tell him pike.

Quote Originally Posted by njrose51 View Post
    So just to follow up, I now have a third interview this Thursday 11th with the Chief Executive and the Head of HR. Hopefully this will be the last one as its proving tricky to find suitable excuses / time off from work!

#hope
    #cantsleepatnight
    #universebekind
    Without wishing to raise false hope, this one sounds more like them providing the 'sign off' to the finalist/s selected rather than another typical interview
    Might even be useful to at least be prepared to discuss questions about contracts etc (no point falling at the last hurdle)

Good luck

Q-School Graduate

My Father-in-Law used to do recruitment in banking. He has some tales to tell. He also has a very interesting interview strategy. I've not got the appendages required for most of his techniques, but I've used adapted forms of some of them in the past with good results.

I had an interview about 6 years ago for a job I needed, maybe not necessarily wanted. That's another story. Anyhow, on his advice, when I had my chance to ask questions I asked the following sorts of questions...
    When I start who will I be working with? Is it possible to meet the team now?
    It's funny how quickly they changed from 'if you start' to join my use of 'when'. They took me upstairs and I got to meet the chaps and chatted with them. Realised I'd fit in well. So it worked well for me also.
    • TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 10.5°
    • Adams Tightlies 16°
    • Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 21°
    • Mizuno MX17 4-PW (1" longer)
    • Titleist Vokey 250.08 Oilcan
    • Spalding 56°, 12° bounce
    • Yes Robin Putter

Challenge Tour Pro

I am pleased to let you all know I was successful! I am now the Head of Fundraising for the PGA European Tour based at Wentworth. I am very very happy! Thanks for all your words of advice and support!
    2017 Handicap. Jan - 25.1. April - 19.8. May - 20.0. July - 19.7. “Golf is about how well you accept, respond to, and score with your misses much more than it is a game of your perfect shots.” Dr Bob Rotella “Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” Sam Snead"I know where I am and I know which way I am going. Only winning will satisfy me. You don't think it is possible? It is very possible!" Seve

Head Pro

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Get in there mate

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by njrose51 View Post
    I am pleased to let you all know I was successful! I am now the Head of Fundraising for the PGA European Tour based at Wentworth. I am very very happy! Thanks for all your words of advice and support!
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Nice one, always good when a plan comes together.
    H4H - HC Challenge

Khamelion 20.3 -> 20 (19.5)

Bazzatron 20 -> ???