Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106
  1. #91
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    salford
    Posts
    6,424

    Re: World Handicap System

    I do find it strange that the system allows you to reject an away score, I always click accept when one comes through.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

    Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8


    My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

  2. #92
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,957

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by louise_a View Post
    I do find it strange that the system allows you to reject an away score.
    My thoughts exactly although it might be to do with you manually entering a card before the sync takes place (pretty unlikely) but you do have the individual comp delete button that would take care of double entry.

  3. #93
    Club Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    95

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    All scores have to be uploaded to E.G. by the club operating the Q event. They then get downloaded (uploaded, synched whatever) with the players handicap record held on the players home club system (whichever one). Differences in timing occur based on when the clubs systems are sysnched to the EG database - versions and technology impact the timing as well as individual club processes.

    In theory this shouldn't matter to a players playing handicapmfor any event as it is the players responsibility to implement downward adjustments ahead ofnthe system.
    I wasn't aware how well everything was already networked!

    Heres the link to the Survey I took. Gives everyone an idea of what they may want to achieve, and what's being asked. https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=149728625515

  4. #94
    Club Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    95

    Re: World Handicap System

    Been to the focus group this morning at the Warwickshire.
    The group consisted of around 40 people.
    Half committee members, half golfers.

    Ideas where discussed around the slope rating of courses. What formats should count towards handicap. The amount of qualifiers to make your handicap active to deter those who play the bare minimum.
    A best 8 rounds out of your previous 20 account to your handicap (but with some provisions of past performance that prevent dodgy handicaps)

    these groups are being done worldwide.

    Overall it's countries that use one of the 6 handicapping systems across the world.
    USGA System is used in north and South America, New Zealand and Asia. So naturally it's looking like an improved USGA system with different countries input on how they would like the system to work.

  5. #95
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Sounds like a cheats charter to me. Got a board comp in a few weeks, put in some proper naff cards, get a massive handicap rise and you're sorted. Or is that simplifying it too much?
    It's a problem at the moment this will make it worse.

  6. #96
    Club Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    95

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    It's a problem at the moment this will make it worse.
    Theres a lot of focus on bandit handicaps. That was certainly the main thing wanted to be addressed.

  7. #97
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,957

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    Theres a lot of focus on bandit handicaps. That was certainly the main thing wanted to be addressed.
    No system will stop those who protect or manipulate a handicap or stop those who complain about bandits.

  8. #98
    Tour Winner upsidedown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    3,918

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    Been to the focus group this morning at the Warwickshire.
    The group consisted of around 40 people.
    Half committee members, half golfers.

    Ideas where discussed around the slope rating of courses. What formats should count towards handicap. The amount of qualifiers to make your handicap active to deter those who play the bare minimum.
    A best 8 rounds out of your previous 20 account to your handicap (but with some provisions of past performance that prevent dodgy handicaps)

    these groups are being done worldwide.

    Overall it's countries that use one of the 6 handicapping systems across the world.
    USGA System is used in north and South America, New Zealand and Asia. So naturally it's looking like an improved USGA system with different countries input on how they would like the system to work.
    My PP was at the afternoon one and found it very useful and thought provoking. He raised a couple of good question which he was asked to stay behind and expand on .
    Handicap : 5.2

  9. #99
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    Theres a lot of focus on bandit handicaps. That was certainly the main thing wanted to be addressed.
    If you played five times a week and I know guys who do this in a regular four ball ,
    in a bad spell you could double or half your hcap in a fortnight.
    This is surely a nightmare for the people who do the cards the workload is enormous.
    at my club it's like a comp every day the amount of golfers.

  10. #100
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,728

    Re: World Handicap System

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    Don't Americans have tournament handicap separate to normal handicap?
    No but tournament scores have more effect on the handicap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Andalucia Valderrama Masters Golf Betting Tips

Andalucia Valderrama Masters Golf Betting Tips - Can anyone beat Sergio Garcia and Jon Rahm to the title over the incredible Valderrama test

October 17, 2017

South Korea welcomes PGA Tour for CJ Cup

The PGA Tour heads to South Korea this week for the inaugural CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges. An elite, restricted field including Justin Thomas, Jason Day and Adam Scott will tee it up.

October 17, 2017

Sergio Garcia defends and hosts Valderrama Masters

The Andalucia Valderrama Masters returns to the European Tour schedule for the first time since 2011. Sergio Garcia defends and acts as tournament host.

October 17, 2017

Tyrrell Hatton What’s In The Bag?

We take a look at the gear used by Tyrrell Hatton in winning the Italian Open a week after successfully defending his Alfred Dunhill Links title

October 16, 2017

WATCH: Tiger Woods Back Hitting Drivers

The 14-time major winner looks closer to a return after he posted a video hitting a drive

October 16, 2017