Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Money List Winner

Re: World Handicap System

I do find it strange that the system allows you to reject an away score, I always click accept when one comes through.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17
    WS Fybrid RS 23
    WS Fybrid RS 26
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6
    2017 11.6>10.4

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by louise_a View Post
    I do find it strange that the system allows you to reject an away score.
    My thoughts exactly although it might be to do with you manually entering a card before the sync takes place (pretty unlikely) but you do have the individual comp delete button that would take care of double entry.

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    All scores have to be uploaded to E.G. by the club operating the Q event. They then get downloaded (uploaded, synched whatever) with the players handicap record held on the players home club system (whichever one). Differences in timing occur based on when the clubs systems are sysnched to the EG database - versions and technology impact the timing as well as individual club processes.

In theory this shouldn't matter to a players playing handicapmfor any event as it is the players responsibility to implement downward adjustments ahead ofnthe system.
    I wasn't aware how well everything was already networked!

Heres the link to the Survey I took. Gives everyone an idea of what they may want to achieve, and what's being asked. https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=149728625515

Club Champion

Been to the focus group this morning at the Warwickshire.
    The group consisted of around 40 people.
    Half committee members, half golfers.

Ideas where discussed around the slope rating of courses. What formats should count towards handicap. The amount of qualifiers to make your handicap active to deter those who play the bare minimum.
    A best 8 rounds out of your previous 20 account to your handicap (but with some provisions of past performance that prevent dodgy handicaps)

these groups are being done worldwide.

Overall it's countries that use one of the 6 handicapping systems across the world.
    USGA System is used in north and South America, New Zealand and Asia. So naturally it's looking like an improved USGA system with different countries input on how they would like the system to work.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Sounds like a cheats charter to me. Got a board comp in a few weeks, put in some proper naff cards, get a massive handicap rise and you're sorted. Or is that simplifying it too much?
    It's a problem at the moment this will make it worse.

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    It's a problem at the moment this will make it worse.
    Theres a lot of focus on bandit handicaps. That was certainly the main thing wanted to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    Theres a lot of focus on bandit handicaps. That was certainly the main thing wanted to be addressed.
    No system will stop those who protect or manipulate a handicap or stop those who complain about bandits.

Been to the focus group this morning at the Warwickshire.
    The group consisted of around 40 people.
    Half committee members, half golfers.

Ideas where discussed around the slope rating of courses. What formats should count towards handicap. The amount of qualifiers to make your handicap active to deter those who play the bare minimum.
    A best 8 rounds out of your previous 20 account to your handicap (but with some provisions of past performance that prevent dodgy handicaps)

these groups are being done worldwide.

Overall it's countries that use one of the 6 handicapping systems across the world.
    USGA System is used in north and South America, New Zealand and Asia. So naturally it's looking like an improved USGA system with different countries input on how they would like the system to work.
    My PP was at the afternoon one and found it very useful and thought provoking. He raised a couple of good question which he was asked to stay behind and expand on .
    Handicap : 5.1

Q-School Graduate

If you played five times a week and I know guys who do this in a regular four ball ,
    in a bad spell you could double or half your hcap in a fortnight.
    This is surely a nightmare for the people who do the cards the workload is enormous.
    at my club it's like a comp every day the amount of golfers.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    Don't Americans have tournament handicap separate to normal handicap?
    No but tournament scores have more effect on the handicap.