Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Re: Poulter needs 40k to keep tour card

Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    Yes I thought of that myself as for IP he really did make the most given a second chance and good on him for that and that shot on 18 from the trees was absolutely outstanding so credit where credits due.Apparently Poulter puts his lack of form down to OCD that he suffers from and the fact that it has taken twice the time and double the money to build a house for him and his family, due to his OCD he had to oversea absolutely everything meticulously which he said had an effect on his game so proberly the reason for the lack of form and character I suspect,oh and i'll be defo backing him at the AT&T this week .
    Fair play fella
    TM R11s
    TM R7 CGBmax 3 Wood
    TM R7 CGBmax #3 & #4 Rescue
    Mizuno JPX850 Forged
    TM Z TP wedges 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron Red X

I play at East Devon Golf Club If you fancy a game...PM me

Mark Crossfields vlog East Devon GC Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp43vVlhr60

Mark Crossfields vlog East Devon GC Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOO2MgNNPfI

We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    I went to bed when I saw his 2nd on 18 so only caught up with the recovery this morning - I'd take it!
    Me too. Was watching until he walked back in the trees- across the track - to his ball sitting in a bush.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Yes I thought of that myself as for IP he really did make the most given a second chance and good on him for that and that shot on 18 from the trees was absolutely outstanding so credit where credits due.Apparently Poulter puts his lack of form down to OCD that he suffers from and the fact that it has taken twice the time and double the money to build a house for him and his family, due to his OCD he had to oversea absolutely everything meticulously which he said had an effect on his game so proberly the reason for the lack of form and character I suspect,oh and i'll be defo backing him at the AT&T this week .
    Fair play for 'fessing up! Though the original post did seem a little bitter! Perhaps from his 'unreliability' from a betting pov! His history of 'pressure driven shanks' is pretty well known/documented!

Great to see he has qualified for next year's tour. He's certainly one of the 'characters' on the tour and generally pretty much available to anyone who wants an interview!
    Adams Speedline Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 13.5 Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 16.5 Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20 at 21 Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23 at 24 Matrix Red Tie S
    McGregor PCB Tour 5-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on!

I read that Brandel Chamblee (sp?) called him out on twitter accusing him of not playing to win, then blocked him when he had a go back at him.

Not going for 12 then the second shot at 16 were the only shots I remember vaguely conservative, but 12 could easily be a bogey going for it and I can't imagine anyone risking all out of that lie on 16.

BC showing himself to be a 'twonk' as my Dad would say.

Head Pro

His house was finished a few years ago....it did cause his form to drop back then, but his recent struggles have been injury related.

Most players didn't go for it on the 12th. They had great hopes for that hole but the players simply didn't buy into it. Butch was suggesting before the last round, maybe part way through it, that they would tweak it for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Most players didn't go for it on the 12th. They had great hopes for that hole but the players simply didn't buy into it. Butch was suggesting before the last round, maybe part way through it, that they would tweak it for next year.
    I didn't see a lot of it, but it looked like the ball ended up in the water if it rolled up the left side of the green. That forces players to err on the side of missing right then they have a downhill chip towards water. No wonder not many had a go.

Put an evil bunker on the right of the green and stop balls rolling in the water that make the left side of the green, either by growing the rough or putting a flat bunker in. Anything short and left deserves to get wet though.

IMO of course.

Assistant Pro

Yes the hole had too much risk for little reward, with the water way too much in-play for anything approaching the left-side of the green. Fair play to Poults who now has assured his full playing privileges for 2017-18 as he sits 58th in the FEC.