Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Re: New courses this year?

No more away days for me this year, so my final list is this..

Wicklow
    The European
    Broadstone
    Ferndown
    Parkstone
    Foxhills :- Bernard Hunt
    Hankley Common
    St Austell
    Hartley Wintney
    Golspie
    Boat of Garten

Small list compared to some, but probably the most new courses I've played in a year.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

What did you think of the European Neil? I thought some of the holes there are outstanding! The one with the 120 yard green (12th?) pin was right at the front, we went all the way to the back and couldn't reach the hole with a putter!!

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    What did you think of the European Neil? I thought some of the holes there are outstanding! The one with the 120 yard green (12th?) pin was right at the front, we went all the way to the back and couldn't reach the hole with a putter!!
    I found it tough, a little bit samey, too many of those railway sleeper bunkers. I'd struggle to call any of the holes "outstanding" but certainly some good holes. Maybe it was just too hard for my standard of golf? Pleased I played it (36 in a day) but probably wouldn't rush back.

The hospitality was first class.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    I found it tough, a little bit samey, too many of those railway sleeper bunkers. I'd struggle to call any of the holes "outstanding" but certainly some good holes. Maybe it was just too hard for my standard of golf? Pleased I played it (36 in a day) but probably wouldn't rush back.

The hospitality was first class.
    Agree about the hospitality. I particularly liked the 3rd (par 5) 7th 12th 13th and 18th (par 4's) Thought all the par 3's were decent as well. Did you play all 20 holes?

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Agree about the hospitality. I particularly liked the 3rd (par 5) 7th 12th 13th and 18th (par 4's) Thought all the par 3's were decent as well. Did you play all 20 holes?
    We played 19 x 2. From memory it was 7 and 7a can't remember seeing another extra hole..... although I am getting old and the memories not what it used to be

My new courses (mainly local ones in Leicestershire were):
    The Leicestershire
    Cosby
    Scraptoft
    Kirby Muxloe
    Birstall
    Hankley Common

Quote Originally Posted by richart View Post
    My first club. Nice course with a tough first four holes, and a really hard last one. If the honours boards go back to the 70's you might see my name.
    Seniors Champion?!!!

Major Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Corrected that for you Rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWokingham View Post
    Seniors Champion?!!!
    You can both get stuffed.
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

Handicap 11.5

Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.