Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blackballed

Re: Best golf swing analyser/sensors?

Quote Originally Posted by rksquire View Post
    I got the zepp and I've found it, mainly, incredibly useful. I have (had?) a slice and an over the top swing - whilst the data may not be accurate I trust it sufficiently to trust the data against itself if that makes sense. For example, the tempo it recommends is 3:1 - my swing would have been substantially quicker than that. The device has helped significantly in that I now know that a 3.3:1 swing tempo (read by the device) for me yields better physical results, albeit not necessarily a better zepp swing score. Also, mapping the hand and club head path has helped me come from inside out or just marginally outside - this is actually a big improvement.

It has disadvantages of course - I have shanked / thinned / topped some shots and it's returned a great score which isn't good because the result was awful; but on analysis there was some good things in the swing (relative to other previous data)... club head speed, tempo, backswing and club plane - these these accumulated give me a good score, but for example hand plane was off.

I can't comment on the other ones as haven't used them, but I've found zepp to be useful in that I have marked the numbers that have yielded good results, and in practice I can either see how to replicate these or what is going wrong.
    Go and get a lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    That is a hell of a lot to think about. Do you breathe in or out on your backswing?
    It's not really. Golfs full of numbers, planes, angles and stats - some people like them, some don't. I do.

I find breathing helps when playing golf, and in life generally. The zepp add-in spirometer has really helped optimise this.

Quote Originally Posted by rksquire View Post
    It's not really. Golfs full of numbers, planes, angles and stats - some people like them, some don't. I do.

I find breathing helps when playing golf, and in life generally. The zepp add-in spirometer has really helped optimise this.
    OK fair enough. I prefer to stand there and just swing the club back and through without getting bogged down by technical stuff. Seems to work pretty well.

Yes Ive found the same results with mine, especially with the tempo
    In My Bag: Driver: Cobra Amp Cell 9.5 Deg, Cobra Amp Cell 3 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2 Hybrid, Mizuno MP5's 3-PW, Taylormade ZXT 52 and 58 Wedges, Scotty Newport FastbackCurrent HCAP - 6.6, aim to get to 4.5. Chester le Street Golf Club

Good for you, not everyone is a natural...
    In My Bag: Driver: Cobra Amp Cell 9.5 Deg, Cobra Amp Cell 3 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2 Hybrid, Mizuno MP5's 3-PW, Taylormade ZXT 52 and 58 Wedges, Scotty Newport FastbackCurrent HCAP - 6.6, aim to get to 4.5. Chester le Street Golf Club