Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Best golf swing analyser/sensors?

I'm looking to buy a golf swing analyser/sensor to help provide feedback when I'm practicing on the range. What sensors are deemed to be the best in terms of being user friendly to understand and interprit the data and accuracy?

Three that I'm aware of are the Garmin, SwingByte, Zepp and Skypro but I can't find a website that does a comparison of them all and recommendation...actual user feedback is always best!

Cheers,
    A

Re: Best golf swing analyser/sensors?

Just my opinion...but I think they are a waste of time.

I bought the skypro and used it a few times, but it does very little to help me on the range.

Think you are better off getting a good tripod and using your phone to video your swing, and working on it through watching it back.
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    Just my opinion...but I think they are a waste of time.

I bought the skypro and used it a few times, but it does very little to help me on the range.

Think you are better off getting a good tripod and using your phone to video your swing, and working on it through watching it back.
    Agreed with the tripod and camera but think these devices can be useful BUT as long as what you know you are buying is basically a toy so not something you can get too bogged down with.

I have the sky pro and the 2 things it definitely helps with are tempo and swing speed. From using SAM puttlab with my pro my putting tempo has definitely improved in my putting. On full swings the groove function is good for helping smooth tempo.

The swing speed function might not be 100% accurate but it's within a few % and really as long as you can keep using to try and increase it really doesn't matter if it's accurate just that you can see progress.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
    ...... but I can't find a website that does a comparison of them all and recommendation...actual user feedback is always best!
    A
    http://golfswinganalyzer.reviews

I've got a swingtalk, too much info to be fair so i only focus on a few figures that I'm trying to improve.
    Lincoln Golf Club 18.2

I Love Ping

Q-School Graduate

It wasn't perfect but I was fairly pleased with what the Skypro offered. I'm still happy with the purchase, but it will depend on exactly you want the device for.

I got the zepp and I've found it, mainly, incredibly useful. I have (had?) a slice and an over the top swing - whilst the data may not be accurate I trust it sufficiently to trust the data against itself if that makes sense. For example, the tempo it recommends is 3:1 - my swing would have been substantially quicker than that. The device has helped significantly in that I now know that a 3.3:1 swing tempo (read by the device) for me yields better physical results, albeit not necessarily a better zepp swing score. Also, mapping the hand and club head path has helped me come from inside out or just marginally outside - this is actually a big improvement.

It has disadvantages of course - I have shanked / thinned / topped some shots and it's returned a great score which isn't good because the result was awful; but on analysis there was some good things in the swing (relative to other previous data)... club head speed, tempo, backswing and club plane - these these accumulated give me a good score, but for example hand plane was off.

I can't comment on the other ones as haven't used them, but I've found zepp to be useful in that I have marked the numbers that have yielded good results, and in practice I can either see how to replicate these or what is going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rksquire View Post
    I got the zepp and I've found it, mainly, incredibly useful. I have (had?) a slice and an over the top swing - whilst the data may not be accurate I trust it sufficiently to trust the data against itself if that makes sense. For example, the tempo it recommends is 3:1 - my swing would have been substantially quicker than that. The device has helped significantly in that I now know that a 3.3:1 swing tempo (read by the device) for me yields better physical results, albeit not necessarily a better zepp swing score. Also, mapping the hand and club head path has helped me come from inside out or just marginally outside - this is actually a big improvement.

It has disadvantages of course - I have shanked / thinned / topped some shots and it's returned a great score which isn't good because the result was awful; but on analysis there was some good things in the swing (relative to other previous data)... club head speed, tempo, backswing and club plane - these these accumulated give me a good score, but for example hand plane was off.

I can't comment on the other ones as haven't used them, but I've found zepp to be useful in that I have marked the numbers that have yielded good results, and in practice I can either see how to replicate these or what is going wrong.
    That is a hell of a lot to think about. Do you breathe in or out on your backswing?

Thanks for your replies Turkish and rksquire, that was the kind of feedback I was looking for...I'm not surprised that drive4show has posted 9556 times with useless comments such as the above...

Does anyone have feedback on the Garmin Truswing? It seems to have got a few bad reviews by various golf sites online.

Thanks for your replies Turkish and rksquire, that was the kind of feedback I was looking for...I'm not surprised that drive4show has posted 9556 times with useless comments such as the above...

Does anyone have feedback on the Garmin Truswing? It seems to have got a few bad reviews by various golf sites online.
    I have one. It's not brilliant although I'd be happy to move my on at a reasonable price!

...I'm not surprised that drive4show has posted 9556 times with useless comments such as the above...
    Try reading the post I quoted and see the irony.