Assistant Pro

Ping G15 Lie Angle

I've just picked up a set of Ping G15 irons with green dot lie, that's spot on according to their chart I'm 6ft 2.5 inches, 45 inches wrist to floor, but I've noticed my turf interaction (after the ball) is showing mud towards the toe
    Ive got a fairly steep swing, I think that's quite common with taller players. The stock shaft is their graphite 149i
    My questions are 1: should I change the shafts
    2: Change my swing or 3: Have the lie bent more upright

The ball flight is quite high and straight to a small fade but would be nice to draw it occasionally

Any thoughts from you technical gurus would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Huwey12; 16-Feb-2017 at 21:58.

Journeyman Pro

Re: Ping G15 Lie Angle

would video the swing from dtl viewpoint on the cell

then if you got a golf analysis app pause the vid at set-up address just before the club moves back and draw a line up the shaft - {don't have an app that can draw lines on vid just find a 'see through straight edge' rule and place that across the shaft on the screen}

then run the vid and pause just before impact - will perhaps find that the hands/handle are pretty high up - so raised up a bunch with the shaft now getting a good ways 'vertical' which also means heel up toe down - a trait that most often goes along with a good bunch shots out to rightfield to various degrees unless the path and active hands add stuff in to compensate that kinda high handle delivery.
    the_coach Handicap Index +4.2
    Driver: TM M2 9.5º M 7M3 X-S w73g
    3metal:TM M2 3m M 80M4 X-S w86g
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3h 20º Altus HY T X-S w91g
    Irons 3 - 9 Callaway Apex Pro 16 KBS Tour C-Taper S+ w125g
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 rtg's 46º bounce 8º KBS 610 S+ w125g. 52º bounce 8º KBS 610 S+ w125g. Fourteen RM 12 (forged) 58º bounce 8º KBS Hi-Rev X-S w135g.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 2004 Newport Beach 1.5 Milled Titleist Pro V1x -

Assistant Pro

Re: Ping G15 Lie Angle

Thanks Coach, I think you might have found the cause of my worst problem of shanking 3 or 4 times a round
    would my higher hands at Impact cause this with my old clubs?

These clubs are unshankable for some reason and very happy with them
    As from my 1st post they're accurate but I can't draw them, but it makes sense with toe down at impact it will always fade

i haven't got any technology to record my swing but I think you've put me on the right path.

The clubs have extra weight in the toe that might magnify the problem

Cheers again