Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Re: How Close Are You To Leaving?

I know I know.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    I thought you were moving back to your homeland
    That is still indeed the plan. I just didn't count leaving due to circumstances as the same as leaving due issues I might have with the club or course. Mind you given reports I read on here about how courses in the Glasgow, central belt and Edinburgh suffer over the late autumn/winter/early spring months - compared with my current Surrey track - 100% open and dry unless snow or extreme deluge.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mashleyR7 View Post
    Pretty much left my place, Ashford in Kent. Membership now up to £1200, over £100 per month and the course is just not up to scratch. Greens poor and so many things that aren't good.

Possibly joining Littlestone Artisans (48 hrs divoting a year required) for less than half the price, plenty of competitions, yes early starts but they suit me, my in laws live close by so it suits my family life style. Also, get to play matches against, RSG, RCP, RYE, Royal Blackheath and Royal Wimbledon in the summer. Even if It doesn't work out I get to keep my hcp active, spend the saved cash on lessons and if things don't work out I can always re join Ashford.

Biggest negative is how much ChrisD is going miss me!!! Who will put up with him now.
    Great course name 👍 proper 2 ball club on their website. Boy I hate playing 5hr Sunday comps 😕 one massive downside from Ullesthorpe court

48hrs does carry sand seed every round count ? Fill why you play.
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 5.9 (winter series still to play #qualifyers)

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    That is still indeed the plan. I just didn't count leaving due to circumstances as the same as leaving due issues I might have with the club or course. Mind you given reports I read on here about how courses in the Glasgow, central belt and Edinburgh suffer over the late autumn/winter/early spring months - compared with my current Surrey track - 100% open and dry unless snow or extreme deluge.
    I'm still , how close are you to leaving ?
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Looks like my leaving is getting closer, with April as the target, the boss has given me the nod to apply for jobs in Poland and Germany, already had a phone interview and got a couple more lined up.

Mrs SILH is 'retiring' end of May next year and she wants us to go touring (South America) for a few months after that...

So that wipes out a move next year.

So probably 18months-2yrs...

Still looking Embra-side rather than Weegie-side as I get the feeling that in centre of Edinbugh I am closer to 'all year' golf than I am in the centre of Glasgow

Job done

I spent a bit of time yesterday afternoon doing a bit of digging around and I thought stirring up something that was put to bed a while ago. But it became quite obvious during a conversation I had that nothing had actually happened. So guess what? I'm having a meeting today with a rep from The Canals and Rivers Trust and we are going to walk along the Canal Feeder that runs parallel to our golf course. I will be showing him the mess the leak (for that's what it is there is no doubt in my mind) has done and will continue to do to the golf course if nothing is done to stop it. I will take a lot of convincing that it is anything other than this that is causing the problem. It gonna be a fun and interesting day.
    I will report back. Fingers crossed.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

I did quite recently get an Email from the secretary of Archerfield offering me some sort of membership in which openings appear from time-to-time (I had previously been in touch). Unfortunately I had to decline as timescales were not consistent with any move north I might make. Of course the fact of the cost was...erm...also somewhat pertinent.

Job done

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by needmoreclub View Post
    Similar dilemma, been at my current club for a long long time. Unfortunately we are toiling at best, membership very poor due to various things, course not in great nick, staff reduced to bare minimum, clubhouse only open 4 days a week and then only until 4pm. Great bunch of guys but now comps only attract 30 at best. Some nice courses nearby but feel that jumping ship could cause bigger problems for the club as this would involve several of us going.
    I believe that your hand has now been forced and you will indeed be looking for a new course.

RIP Beith GC
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Mrs SILH is 'retiring' end of May next year and she wants us to go touring (South America) for a few months after that...

So that wipes out a move next year.

So probably 18months-2yrs...

Still looking Embra-side rather than Weegie-side as I get the feeling that in centre of Edinbugh I am closer to 'all year' golf than I am in the centre of Glasgow
    South side of Glasgow open up all the Ayrshire links. Also allows for a proper chippy with salt'n'vinegar and not a chipper with salt'n'sauce!
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf