Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Re: Sir Nigel Farage?

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Oh Nigel - you really do enjoy stoking the seething anger and discontent of the moaning miseries calling into your LBC radio prog.

Small potatoes compared with the huge pro EU resources of the BBC, hand picked audiences at Question Time, the panel having 3:1 Remainer ratio - and just for fun, look at the front page of BBC Websie. Just for fun, randomly check each day for the next week. Count how many EU flags you see versus the Union Flag. Amusing! Plus the slanted news on dozens of local and national TV and Radio stations.

Do you really support silencing those people you disagree with?
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    I donít believe I said anyone should be denied access to any thread.

Itís quite clear that whilst SILH has been over the top a number of times on this and the other political threads itís also clear there are certain others on the other side goading and stirring the pot as well. The tone has been as bad on both sides of the fence from a number of people

If people donít like what SILH posts then just ignore him - itís not hard and people can still post in the thread their own opinion about the subject without having to respond to SILH.
    Then why not aim something at SILH rather than all at the other poster then? By just ignoring SILH you are effectively denied access to the thread because by his behaviour SILH IS the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    Then why not aim something at SILH rather than all at the other poster then? By just ignoring SILH you are effectively denied access to the thread because by his behaviour SILH IS the thread.
    Because whilst SILH post was a rant - it was a rant at the person who the topic was about and was aimed solely at Mr Farage - the other poster just responded sarcastically aimed at SILH which just creates a load posts starting to get personal and having nothing to do with the thread at all but more about a personal issue that Old Skier clearly has with SILH as can be seen by his constant battles with him over multiple threads - both contribute to the thread becoming nothing but tit for tat - something that the Art 50 thread has gone beyond.

But people canít just ignore him SILH - they have this desire that they must respond and they must ensure that the posts get aimed specifically at SILH as opposed to the thread subject itself.

If these people have such a big issue with what SILH is saying that means they must respond negatively then just report it to the mods - as opposed to responding with posts that are clearly going to create a reaction from SILH

Itís the reason why just donít bother responding to certain people - itís just posting to look to get a reaction

SILH May annoy the hell out of most when it comes to the EU issue but it doesnít appear that he is doing it deliberately to get to people

Because whilst SILH post was a rant - it was a rant at the person who the topic was about and was aimed solely at Mr Farage - the other poster just responded sarcastically aimed at SILH which just creates a load posts starting to get personal and having nothing to do with the thread at all but more about a personal issue that Old Skier clearly has with SILH as can be seen by his constant battles with him over multiple threads - both contribute to the thread becoming nothing but tit for tat - something that the Art 50 thread has gone beyond.

But people canít just ignore him SILH - they have this desire that they must respond and they must ensure that the posts get aimed specifically at SILH as opposed to the thread subject itself.

If these people have such a big issue with what SILH is saying that means they must respond negatively then just report it to the mods - as opposed to responding with posts that are clearly going to create a reaction from SILH

Itís the reason why just donít bother responding to certain people - itís just posting to look to get a reaction

SILH May annoy the hell out of most when it comes to the EU issue but it doesnít appear that he is doing it deliberately to get to people
    So why not respond with a pm to SILH advising him to put Old Skier on ignore rather than posting at Old Skier publicly and taking another thread off track

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    So why not respond with a pm to SILH advising him to put Old Skier on ignore rather than posting at Old Skier publicly and taking another thread off track
    Looking at his last post I think it could be that he might himself have issues or he could be just acting as the worlds Internet policeman. Either way I'm not concerned and will not endevour to follow his fine example that he sets on the footie thread.

i would just like to say publicly on an open forum that I have no issues with SILH contrary to LPs post or indeed any other poster, my issues are only with the substance of posts and not the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Small potatoes compared with the huge pro EU resources of the BBC, hand picked audiences at Question Time, the panel having 3:1 Remainer ratio - and just for fun, look at the front page of BBC Websie. Just for fun, randomly check each day for the next week. Count how many EU flags you see versus the Union Flag. Amusing! Plus the slanted news on dozens of local and national TV and Radio stations.

Do you really support silencing those people you disagree with?
    Did you catch Question Time last night? Not sure where it was from but I saw some of it including the start (before switching to classic 80s Arnie movie Commando) and the audience came over as something like 75-80% towards strong leave voters, many of whom seemed quite bullish. I thought it was biased but not for remain, on this occasion anyway. Perceptions can be misleading of course.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Did you catch Question Time last night? Not sure where it was from but I saw some of it including the start (before switching to classic 80s Arnie movie Commando) and the audience came over as something like 75-80% towards strong leave voters, many of whom seemed quite bullish. I thought it was biased but not for remain, on this occasion anyway. Perceptions can be misleading of course.
    Deepest Yorkshire somewhere I believe, Barnsley rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post

My wife stopped me watching that months ago I saw a clip of a Barnsley Man on Twitter giving it plenty! So, no reason to doubt what you say, other that to add "about time!" Maybe they'll lay off a bit after the vote this week which effectively ends "meaningful" Brexit.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Why donít you ignore him if what he posts annoy or offend you that much ?

For as much as Hogan doesnít stop going on about Trump or Art 50 you appear to always be the first to reply to him following him around like a puppy waiting for him to post next so you can have a go at him

Maybe stop replying to him and half the issue on the political threads would go away
    Why donít you ignore him if what he posts annoy or offend you that much ?

For as much as Old Skier doesnít stop going on about Hogan or Art 50 you appear to always be the first to reply to him following him around like a puppy waiting for him to post next so you can have a go at him

Maybe stop replying to him and half the issue on the political threads would go away!
    Play it cool Trigger!

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    Deepest Yorkshire somewhere I believe, Barnsley rings a bell.
    Correct, I think they had the strongest leave vote in the UK.
    Observing the audience I could see why.