Re: Help For Heroes 2017 Hankley Common 13th September

Lost!
    Golf swing/game
    Somewhere in the Hampshire/Surrey area
    Went missing Tuesday morning and not seen since
    Doesn't answer to any usual names
    If found, don't call me - don't want it back
    Just shoot it and put it out of its misery

Great couple of days that coincided with, possibly, my worst 2 rounds in years.
    No part of my game was even firing on 1 cylinder

Thanks to Richard, Dave and Mark for Tuesday. Good to catch up with the Gruesome twosome Dave and Stuff as well as Jan - good to see you mixing it with those 2!
    Wednesday - thanks to Adam, Matt and John - we had a laugh but it became a slog after a dozen or so holes. When you're not playing well, Hanley takes no prisoners and smacks you down hard. My tally included a birdie for 4 points and I didn't lose a ball.
    Only a couple of genuine disasters, most blobs were missing putts for the nett bogey.
    Very frustrating when the game you love turns it's back on you like that.

A big well done to Rich, Robin, Vicky and the rest - another brilliant H4H day

And there's always next year
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

A great day that had everything.

Superb course, the feeling of space and the the views were on a different level to probably all of the other Surrey Courses I've played, I imagine this was what they all looked like when set out and before the trees grew.

Seamless organisation from Richart, Robin and the team, at least it seemed it those of us who were playing but I'm sure you were working your socks off the whole day, thanks guys!

Great fun round of golf with Tom, Darren and Pete, we all hit good shots and we all hit some proper stinkers!
    If I'd been able to chip I might have had a decent score, even missed the ball on one shot when trying to chip out the heather.....

Great speech from Scott of Battleback, makes you realise the full impact of what our forces go through.

And most important of all, another sizeable chunk of money was raised for H4H!
    Last edited by Crow; 14-Sep-2017 at 06:44.
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H4H H'cap Challenge vs Richart & chrisd - Start 10.8, current 12.0

Aaagh!

Just realised I forgot to buy Imurg & Fragger a pint as promised for collecting and bringing my ebay purchase of vintage clubs. Sorry chaps, the next time we meet I'll get you the drinks, and if I forget then grab hold of me and march me to the bar.

Really pleased with my "new" set of Ben Sayers irons, the first shot I hit was a wedge and bladed it no more than 5 feet high, air mailing the green for an opening blob. After that though I got on pretty well with them and even closed my round with the same guilty wedge on the nearest pin hole by sticking it to 18 inches to win it, and we were the last group to play the hole, apologies to Brian who'd just put his name on the sheet in the group ahead and was stood on the next tee wen I hit my shot.

The woods were a basic budget laminated set and the driver was not particularly easy to hit from the tee, but I did get to see the nice heather as a result.
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H4H H'cap Challenge vs Richart & chrisd - Start 10.8, current 12.0

A fabulous day at a wonderful course

I'm in awe at the organisation that Richard, Robin, Vicky etc etc put into making the day what it is and the Battleback speech was definitely a " lump in the throat" moment. Hankley Common was fabulous and I really want to return to try and play it properly. The food matched the course too.

I had the privilege of watching Radbourne (Mark) put together a quite superb 39 points and he, Twire (Sean) and my bruv Twinman (Steve) were great company. Sadly, both H4H, and the day before, when I had an important team comp, coincided with the vertigo that I've endured for about 6 or 7 weeks, being worse than ever and I only managed a few holes before it kicked in. After 9 holes I decided just to hit the driver off the tee and pick up on most holes but i was really conscious of not wanting to adversly affect my playing partners and, if I did, my sincere apologies !

Anyhow, it was a brilliant day and a chance to say hi to loads of people who've put up with me in the past and a big "well done" to Radbourne for lifting the trophy
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Only a couple of genuine disasters, most blobs were missing putts for the nett bogey.
    Pull the other one. Most putts were missed for the triple bogey.

Follow me on Twitter: @dufferman

To all who played in or contributed yesterday. I would personally like to thank you all, it was my first time at the event and it was amazing.

Special mention to my playing partners LiverpoolPhil, Kraxx68 and Mark Head.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Regards
    Ged

What a fantastic day amongst kind generous thoughtful people for me it really was my best yet.

When you get there at 7.15 and the first person you see gives you something worth a fair bit of money and wants nothing for it, it really makes you appreciate this forum and the good guys within.

After a very poor nights sleep and looking after my room mate with teas it was off to Hankley, as soon as I arrived and looked around it looked a really nice place.
    If you are on FB and want to friend me to see the 50 odd photos I took feel free.

Straight away others arrived and everyone was very helpful to the organisers in anyway they could.

Vicky ,Rich,Laura,Robin, you do a fantastic job and every year it seems to run more smoothly than the last keep up your fantastic work.

The legend Mark the auctioneer once again worked the room bleeding every pound extra he could for the charity, to everyone who payed to play and gave money in any way shape or form you deserve a pat on the back, it staggers me sometimes the amount people pay for things.

To Mike for getting such a great venue and his guys that were in the auction helping raise extra cash, top 20 course next year Mike?.

Thankyou to my playing partners Teegirl,2Blue and Hooker great company in what was a very up and down round.

Great to meet up with the guys for a pint and a curry the night before it was great to catch up, also great to catch up with guys at Hankley and even meeting some new ones.

Felt for Chrisd who was gutted he couldn't play hopefully mate things will get better and your back firing on all cylinders soon.

The battleback guys were amazing and the speech given just makes you realise how much they put themselves through to try and change the way we live and make the world a safer place.

Thx all see you next year.

That was close nearly submitted before I congratulated all the winners on the day especially Mark[Radbourne] for a truly remarkable round of golf, great shooting mate and so pleased for you.

Stu and Dave for getting the reward for your support every year very well deserved.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Delighted seeing two of 'my lads' doing so well yesterday - well done Mark and James - Mark especially - clearly your knock round Farnham on Tuesday got you both well into the swing of West Surrey golf. I can claim no other part in your success

And Tony's halfway down (or up) the order of merit - not so bad on a difficult day.

Glad that everyone enjoyed their day no matter their scores. Maybe one day I'll drag myself the few miles along the road to HC myself and have a go (it's not as if I don't know any members as I do)

And hopefully next year I'll be able to join the day - wherever it may be held.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Delighted seeing two of 'my lads' doing so well yesterday - well done Mark and James - Mark especially - clearly your knock round Farnham on Tuesday got you both well into the swing of West Surrey golf. I can claim no other part in your success

And Tony's halfway down (or up) the order of merit - not so bad on a difficult day.

Glad that everyone enjoyed their day no matter their scores. Maybe one day I'll drag myself the few miles along the road to HC myself and have a go (it's not as if I don't know any members as I do)

We're thinking it should be in Europe 😂😂😂😂
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    We definitely need, or should I say 'would like' more forumites to get involved

Obviously it's nice to have guests and friends join us to make up the numbers and have them share our annual experience and charity day, and some of them really do throw themselves into the foray and are more than welcome.

But, for the amount of forumites active on here and whom live well within driving distances of these events, which are home to some great heathland courses, I'd like to see a few more faces that post regular on here at our annual H4H Day.

Dates are always announced well in advance so it's only 1 or 2 at most holiday days to take to get involved and play at a top course at a reduced rate with a great meal, lots of prizes, banter and doing what we all enjoy, sharing a golf course with like minded people and building on or forming new relationships.

So, I'm hoping to see lots of new faces next year on top of our regular attendees and lets see some of those returning back that have slipped away