Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Well, nice to see that after stealing most of UKIPs policies they are now stealing some of Labour's on Social Care. Strong and stable as she goes...

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    ... stealing ... policies they are now stealing ..
    OK, here is a generic thing I don't understand. And it's not about any single party,it's about all of them.

There are people that voted conservatives, and will b doing all their life. And there are people that are voting labour, and will be all their life. Same in the US with Democrats and Republicans, same in Germany with CDU and SPD, same all over the place.

Going back to the UK, what makes people that voted for Blair now vote for Corbin? What makes people that voted for Cameron now vote for May? They are so far apart from each other, they are basically voting for a different party but with the same name?

If you voted for Tony's 'war mongering' politic, why vote 'lefty' Corbin? If you voted for David's open society, why vote for 'hard Brexit' May?

Quote Originally Posted by larmen View Post
    OK, here is a generic thing I don't understand. And it's not about any single party,it's about all of them.

There are people that voted conservatives, and will b doing all their life. And there are people that are voting labour, and will be all their life. Same in the US with Democrats and Republicans, same in Germany with CDU and SPD, same all over the place.

Going back to the UK, what makes people that voted for Blair now vote for Corbin? What makes people that voted for Cameron now vote for May? They are so far apart from each other, they are basically voting for a different party but with the same name?

If you voted for Tony's 'war mongering' politic, why vote 'lefty' Corbin? If you voted for David's open society, why vote for 'hard Brexit' May?
    I voted for Blair twice, I believed he was a good statesman and had the makings of a good prime Minister. I lost faith in him later due to the way he and brown behaved and his policy of mass immigration. Most of my life I have voted Tory but I am capable of voting for others if I can see they would be better for the country. Thats why Corbyn would never have my vote.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Assistant Pro

The longer this election campaign goes on, the more difficult it is getting to fathom why anyone would vote for TM and her policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raesy92 View Post
    The longer this election campaign goes on, the more difficult it is getting to fathom why anyone would vote for TM and her policies.
    But you are looking at the situation through filters. You have a filter that removes anything positive from the Tories and probably no filter for Labour. Any reasonable person could pick out some policy from any of the Parties that they could go along with.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raesy92 View Post
    I think one of the main reasons will be because of the alternative.

Worrying that TM will be responsible for brexit negotiations with her track record of capitulating when things get difficult.

Journeyman Pro CheltenhamHacker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Worrying that TM will be responsible for brexit negotiations with her track record of capitulating when things get difficult.
    Her interview yesterday was completely laughable. If anyone ever tried to use "strong" or "stable" to describe her they couldn't be further from the truth. Combine that with keeping policies away from key members of her cabinet, her ineptitude answering questions that aren't fully scrited, her constant need to shout "Corbyn" everytime she struggles with her answer then I genuinly think that she could be the worst prime minister in the last 20/30 years. No backbone, doesn't appear to have any views that aren't liable to extreme change, can't handle questions. JC I definitely didn't think was the answer at the start of this, but I would prefer him 100x over TM.
    Current bag:
    Ping G25's: 3W, 23* Hybrid, 4i-PW
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 52*, 56*
    Putter: Ping Anser

Handicap: 20.0>20.1>20.2>20.3>20.4>20.5>20.6 Going the wrong way.
    Handicap Aim: 18 by 01/01/2014 (this is looking much harder....)
    Member of Naunton Downs, Gloucestershire

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamHacker View Post
    Her interview yesterday was completely laughable. If anyone ever tried to use "strong" or "stable" to describe her they couldn't be further from the truth. Combine that with keeping policies away from key members of her cabinet, her ineptitude answering questions that aren't fully scrited, her constant need to shout "Corbyn" everytime she struggles with her answer then I genuinly think that she could be the worst prime minister in the last 20/30 years. No backbone, doesn't appear to have any views that aren't liable to extreme change, can't handle questions. JC I definitely didn't think was the answer at the start of this, but I would prefer him 100x over TM.
    It certainly makes you wonder...but I am not going to pass any judgement on her today.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    It certainly makes you wonder...but I am not going to pass any judgement on her today.
    Yes, lets leave it today.
    Play it cool Trigger!