Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Is she suuposed to dress from Primark then?

It's 'Cool Brittania' all over again.

Those breeks are more Chrissie Hynde or Suzi Quattro than PM though!

She and Philip Hammond are doing fine by me.

Not being a Tory, she is doing just fine and is the best of what there is. Dont see what TM wears has anything to do with N Morgan. I wonder if she is just as keen to voice dispair on the dishevelled donkey that is BJ, or however many pounds Cameron and Boy George spent on their suits.
    This is just another non story and should be left in the bin where it deserves to be.
    Forever trying.

Trousergate could only have happened between women.
    Other than that she is doing well and really as much as the opponents of the Tories would like to see her fail, we had all better hope she succeeds. These are important times and let's face it, who is going to replace her, either from the Tories or any other party?
    intolerance will not be tolerated

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

In respect of Trousergate the point is that (I agree) that it is totally irrelevant - but what I (and others) are asking asking about is more TMs reaction - it has been rather petulant and childish (how today's Times described it). As has her rather heavy-handed reaction to 'leaks' - which of course has been 'leaked'.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ger147 View Post
    If the latest polls are any indication, with the Tories on 42% and Labour trailing on 25%, Mr J Public seems to think she's doing OK.
    I suspect a lot of that is down to the sheer unelectability of Corbyn than to do with the attraction of May. If Labour could get their act together and have a leader who resonated with the public then I'd guess that gap would be a lot closer.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    I suspect a lot of that is down to the sheer unelectability of Corbyn than to do with the attraction of May. If Labour could get their act together and have a leader who resonated with the public then I'd guess that gap would be a lot closer.
    Corbyn is untouchable until the next GE. The Labour hierarchy have already tried to ditch him and failed miserably.

May's future as PM depends on how much of the Tory party like the Brexit deal she manages to negotiate. If it turns out to be palatable to most of them then she could survive until the GE and if so will most likely romp it vs Labour under Corbyn, no matter what trousers she wears...

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Is she got what it takes to be PM? Or is she like Gordie Broon - competent and totally comfortable in a very senior government role - but basically just not up to the job of PM.

Two recent examples of where a PM needs a thick skin but where May shows that hers is not so thick: taking a very hard and public line on cabinet leaks when she knows that in politics leaking is part of the game. This just gives the impression that she feels vulnerable and not in control; and the Trousergate - where she has set her #1 'attack dog' on Nicky Morgan and banned her from No10 and from attending Brexit meetings - for suggesting nigh on £1000 on a pair of pants in a photo shoot is not quite the message the NAACs (Not At All Coping) and JAMs needed. That just seems petulant and counter productive.

Then there is her almost complete silence on approach to Brexit - except when she is slapping down miscreants making statements verging on Brexit policy feelers - sounds like micro-management borne of insecurity. And my wife commented that she seems to be walking with more of a stoop these days - is the weight on her shoulders getting too much?

I actually did have hopes for TM - but not sure she is up to it.
    Yes she has got what it takes and is doing a good job. You seem to be struggling with the fact that she is not sending you an hourly update on Brexit plans but all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Journeyman Pro

More it all goes on, the more I see Brexit not happening. TM delivers the 'Brexit means Brexit' line...but she was very much a remainer.

I have a funny feeling this Supreme Court judge case will see that the decision falls to MPs, and MPs will vote to remain. Completely out of TM's hands at that point, and the country I believe will fall happy. However, how this leaves us with the EU is a different matter.

It's not an enviable position she has found herself in, however, given the time...I think she'll prove to be a very effective leader.
    Wabey
    Titleist 917 D3 Driver | Ping G 3 Wood | Ping G 5 Wood | Mizuno MP-650 Hybrid | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged | Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges | Edel E-3 Putter
    Thetford Golf Club, Norfolk
    @MattWabe