Page 143 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1491

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Thread seems to have wandered way off topic too.

So May survives and is arguably stronger than a few days ago with some of her backstabbers out of cabinet.
    Even with 48 letters of no-confidence to Tory HQ there isn't a desire for a leadership contest in rest of the Tory ranks so ranks would back May. Not sure anyone would beat her in a leadership battle anyway, the hard Brexiteers won't get the votes and Johnson's stock has fallen of late, too marmite anyway. Those that say a Brexiteer should be PM are blinkered, being PM includes Brexit but it's only a small part of what a PM needs to do in their role.

Could be May until the next GE which doesn't need to be called until 2022.

She may be rubbish in front of a camera but she's dogged and thick skinned. Wonder if she enjoys her job?

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post

That's what I consider the '(Sir) Robert Muldoon approach to statistics'! As PM, or perhaps simply Minister of Finance, at the time, he tried to convince the NZ public that because 'the rate of increase in inflation was decreasing', it was a sign that he was getting the economy under control! How's that for L, DL and Stats! Btw. the figures were something like 18% for that month where previous months had been 16.5 and 14.5! That (late 70's to early '80s) was an 'interesting' time! I was even working for the Dept of Statistics for some of it!

@Bluewolf... Apologies if you mistook my 'correction' as a humourlous over-reaction. Stats, and their misuse, are (or at least were) a topic somewhat dear to my heart/education/career!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Thread seems to have wandered way off topic too.

So May survives and is arguably stronger than a few days ago with some of her backstabbers out of cabinet.
    Even with 48 letters of no-confidence to Tory HQ there isn't a desire for a leadership contest in rest of the Tory ranks so ranks would back May. Not sure anyone would beat her in a leadership battle anyway, the hard Brexiteers won't get the votes and Johnson's stock has fallen of late, too marmite anyway. Those that say a Brexiteer should be PM are blinkered, being PM includes Brexit but it's only a small part of what a PM needs to do in their role.

Could be May until the next GE which doesn't need to be called until 2022.

She may be rubbish in front of a camera but she's dogged and thick skinned. Wonder if she enjoys her job?
    I think she is hating it - but is doing it because she feels a duty to do something that nobody else had the cojones do do...including all the lead Leavers who disappeared like snow off a dyke. She is sticking with it because she knows the impact of a No Deal outcome, and so a Deal is essential, and recognises she must get some form of Deal she can sell to the electorate - to try and placate the rising fury of Leave voters who feel they are being 'betrayed' (in fact some suggest they were duped - but she can't say that - yet).

I thought she looked like the best of a bad bunch - thought there was some Christian Democrat in her, and so was willing to give her some time - and even felt some sympathy for her predicament. But as various scandals, weaknesses, pandering to anti-EU ideologues, and love of prevarication have continued - much of the sympathy I had has gone.

But she is still, most probably, the best of an - at best - not very good bunch.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I think she is hating it - but is doing it because she feels a duty to do something that nobody else had the cojones do do...including all the lead Leavers who disappeared like snow off a dyke. She is sticking with it because she knows the impact of a No Deal outcome, and so a Deal is essential, and recognises she must get some form of Deal she can sell to the electorate - to try and placate the rising fury of Leave voters who feel they are being 'betrayed' (in fact some suggest they were duped - but she can't say that - yet).

I thought she looked like the best of a bad bunch - thought there was some Christian Democrat in her, and so was willing to give her some time - and even felt some sympathy for her predicament. But as various scandals, weaknesses, pandering to anti-EU ideologues, and love of prevarication have continued - much of the sympathy I had has gone.

But she is still, most probably, the best of an - at best - not very good bunch.
    Thats almost praise

Are you feeling alright?
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.2 Whipsnade Park GC

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    OK - GDP growth..... a numerical rise or fall in GDP in Lithuania represents much larger percentage change than similar in Germany, France or the UK.

See where this is going?
    The same place as quoting trade deficits as a percentage of respective economies i'd guess.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Whilst Doon’s figures may be correct they were taken from The Guardian over THIRTEEN months’ ago!

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 3offTheTee View Post
    Whilst Doon’s figures may be correct they were taken from The Guardian over THIRTEEN months’ ago!
    At a time when the European Central Bank was injecting billions of Euros into the economy in the form of quantitative easing and had been doing so for a considerable period of time.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheFragger View Post
    Thats almost praise

Are you feeling alright?
    It is - almost. Well in a way it actually is - if for nothing else for her resolve and standing up to the anti-EU ideologues and fanatics in her party.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    At a time when the European Central Bank was injecting billions of Euros into the economy in the form of quantitative easing and had been doing so for a considerable period of time.
    They had to that as they willfully allowed several countries into the Single Currency even though they were nowhere near meeting the fiscal limits required. But of course, that makes them exiting the EU even more difficult than us! Hence it was done.... the damage to those countries is considerable!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
    That's GDP growth, not GDP.

Would you rather increase your 300 yard drive by 10%, or your 200 yard drive by 20%?
    Good luck. I explained it 2 years ago but someone conveniently forgot it.
    Give it big humpties