Page 135 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1480
  1. #1341
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,635

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Is she got what it takes to be PM? Or is she like Gordie Broon - competent and totally comfortable in a very senior government role - but basically just not up to the job of PM.

    Two recent examples of where a PM needs a thick skin but where May shows that hers is not so thick: taking a very hard and public line on cabinet leaks when she knows that in politics leaking is part of the game. This just gives the impression that she feels vulnerable and not in control; and the Trousergate - where she has set her #1 'attack dog' on Nicky Morgan and banned her from No10 and from attending Brexit meetings - for suggesting nigh on 1000 on a pair of pants in a photo shoot is not quite the message the NAACs (Not At All Coping) and JAMs needed. That just seems petulant and counter productive.

    Then there is her almost complete silence on approach to Brexit - except when she is slapping down miscreants making statements verging on Brexit policy feelers - sounds like micro-management borne of insecurity. And my wife commented that she seems to be walking with more of a stoop these days - is the weight on her shoulders getting too much?

    I actually did have hopes for TM - but not sure she is up to it.
    In post #1328 @drdel posts...

    yet from page 1 is was very clear that you despise the woman and there is absolutely nothing she can do that you would view as positive.

    yes quite right - from the very start...or maybe not.

    I think were you to look further back to the days just after she became PM I posted a rather positive response to her first speech as PM...I actually thought for a short while that she might be OK - her words on becoming PM were just spot on for me. She sounded a decent proponent of 'christian democratic' principles...

    And compared to the bunch she had defeated or who had pulled out she certainly seemed the best of an awful bunch. But as it became more evident that my hopes were being dashed I opened this thread - asking the question...was she up to it...
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 08-Jul-2018 at 12:01.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

    Job done

  2. #1342
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,635

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    That's spot on, just like his Brexit views he will criticize everything coming from the UK and praise all from the EU. Even I am not that closed in my view.
    Just wrong
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

    Job done

  3. #1343
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,635

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    Yes you are...

    Brexit may just turn out to be the best thing to happen to the UK for several generations. However, due to the incredible difficulty of disentangling ourselves from decades of trade/politics, its possible that we could lose an entire generation to a self imposed recession. That generation would include both my children. You'll have to forgive me if I find the laissez faire attitude of some on here a touch annoying.
    Just a touch...
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

    Job done

  4. #1344
    Major Champion bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    19,819

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    Yes you are...

    Brexit may just turn out to be the best thing to happen to the UK for several generations. However, due to the incredible difficulty of disentangling ourselves from decades of trade/politics, its possible that we could lose an entire generation to a self imposed recession. That generation would include both my children. You'll have to forgive me if I find the laissez faire attitude of some on here a touch annoying.
    It's also possible that we might not lose an entire generation to a self imposed recession.

    We've never left the EU before so no one knows what's going to happen.

    Some see doom and gloom, others see a great opportunity.
    I suggest only time will tell
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

  5. #1345
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    17,569

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post

    We've never left the EU before so no one knows what's going to happen.
    I suspect someone will post up soon exactly what will happen 🤔
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  6. #1346
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,044

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    David Davis has resigned.

  7. #1347
    Q-School Graduate jp5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    881

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Can only imagine how we look to Brussels, a right shambles! Apparently "Brexit means Brexit" only gets you so far.

  8. #1348
    Ryder Cup Winner SocketRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,324

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by jp5 View Post
    Can only imagine how we look to Brussels, a right shambles! Apparently "Brexit means Brexit" only gets you so far.
    And who is to blame for that then. We are a country tainted by slithering backstabbing spineless people who are working to frustrate democracy so they can overturn the referendum vote. I am ashamed of what we have become, we all know that the majority vote was to leave the EU in total, anyone saying otherwise is playing games with the truth. Because of this stupidity the Government will now probably fall and we will get what we deserve, Corbyn and his pathetic hangers on, then you will see the country brought to it's knees and the economy ruined for another generation. OH! and the EU will not be able to stop that.
    Last edited by SocketRocket; 08-Jul-2018 at 23:11.
    Play it cool Trigger!

  9. #1349
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,044

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    And who is to blame for that then. We are a country tainted by slithering backstabbing spineless people who are working to frustrate democracy so they can overturn the referendum vote. I am ashamed of what we have become, we all know that the majority vote was to leave the EU in total, anyone saying otherwise is playing games with the truth. Because of this stupidity the Government will now probably fall and we will get what we deserve, Corbyn and his pathetic hangers on, then you will see the country brought to it's knees and the economy ruined for another generation. OH! and the EU will not be able to stop that.
    [sigh]
    It was a very small majority, a 2% swing would have seen a different result.
    The Leave leader said that a small majority for Stay would be 'unfinished business'

    Davis seemed to want the negotiations to fail from day one, no sad loss, not up to the job.

  10. #1350
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,635

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    [sigh]
    It was a very small majority, a 2% swing would have seen a different result.
    The Leave leader said that a small majority for Stay would be 'unfinished business'

    Davis seemed to want the negotiations to fail from day one, no sad loss, not up to the job.
    He was supposed to be the man in charge of the plan - and he has just been telling Today that it was May who has just in the last week or so come up with this plan. So either there was a plan when she triggered Art50 or there wasn't. And if the Lancaster House objectives were 'the plan' - well as was stated many timed - having blue sky objectives is not the same as having a plan to achieve an outcome given known constraints. And these constraints were known before the vote and before Art50 was triggered - but in their deluded and duplicitous arrogance the Leave campaign convinced many voters that the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU and so the EU constraints would have to flex to enable the UK objectives to be met.

    Well that thinking hasn't got us very far.

    Is May up to the job of PM? Let's see whether or not there are 48 Kamikaze Brexiteer (Dan Hodges MoS) Tory MPs who think that she isn't.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

    Job done

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News