Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 840
  1. #201
    Global Moderator Twire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Exeter..ish - Devon
    Posts
    3,182

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    There's not just the one GE. If the French see the EU playing hardball on Brexit it might influence votes for/against Le Pen/Macron.

    I'm not understanding your reason for "the EU would therefore want the Tories to have as large a majority as possible". I would think it's the reverse.
    TM R11s
    TM R7 CGBmax 3 Wood
    TM R7 CGBmax #3 & #4 Rescue
    Mizuno JPX850 Forged
    TM Z TP wedges 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron Red X

    I play at East Devon Golf Club If you fancy a game...PM me

    Mark Crossfields vlog East Devon GC Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp43vVlhr60

    Mark Crossfields vlog East Devon GC Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOO2MgNNPfI


    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

  2. #202
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,952

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I am still not at all clear who our PM thinks the EU is trying to influence the GE in favour of. Surely if anything the EU would want whichever party wins the GE to have as large a majority as possible as that strengthens the PMs hand - not so much in the negotiations with the EU - but in being able to sell 'internally' a 'less than the most severe' Brexit Deal - as that is the sort of deal the EU will want.

    As the Tories are 100% going to win the election, the EU would therefore want the Tories to have as large a majority as possible - to enable the PM to marginalise the influence of the harder Brexit faction of her party.

    So in respect of her statement May was either confused; being manipulated; or being cynical and playing dog-whistle politics -
    painting the EU as baddies and so protecting herself against fall-out when a decent deal is hard to find.

    Any - back to the main question. If May thinks the EU are trying to influence the election - who are they trying to influence it in favour of?
    It''s just a political move by TMay. She is increasing the distrust of the EU which plays well with the kipper vote she is after (coincidence she said this a couple of days before the local elections?), plus as seen in the US elections a little bit of paranoia and blaming of the EU/Mexicans/Muslims etc etc seems to be a good vote winning tactic. Creating someone to blame if it all goes wrong.

    The Russian embassy are even trolling Tmay about it now now which is quite amusing http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/praise-god-...claims-1620161

  3. #203
    Q-School Graduate IanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    986

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    There's not just the one GE. If the French see the EU playing hardball on Brexit it might influence votes for/against Le Pen/Macron.

    I'm not understanding your reason for "the EU would therefore want the Tories to have as large a majority as possible". I would think it's the reverse.
    Correct. It exactly the reverse. EU need Tory collapse so that the Pro EU Labour/Lib Dems/Scot Nits get in....also EU have been backing Macron (financially if you believe what you read) but The Drunk has been openly backing him in speeches.

    EU have to be as mean as possible to the UK...to discourage other countries from leaving. Former Eastern Bloc will be offski quickski as soon as the cash stops coming.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

  4. #204
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,274

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Listened again to what Theresa May said about Leave/Remain before the election - and the significant negative security and economic impact that leaving would have on the UK - and her thoughts were not caveated - they were clear and straight, Leaving would be BAD for the UK.

    And I listen to her 'we will fight them on the beaches' 10 Downing Street guff earlier this week and I do not need to wonder whey I have lost the bit of faith I had with her when she was elected. I was hoping that her position pre-vote would herald a sensible, low risk and compromising approach to the negotiations. Instead with a completely shameless 180deg volte face (is their any other sort ) May goes into exploit and self mode - and the majority of the British public seem to accept that and her disingenuity and mendacity with hardly a murmur.

    I can hardly believe it. But then again I can. And I have to. What a very sad state of affairs.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  5. #205
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    To be honest, after listening to that speech on Youtube again today, I think she pitches it very well bearing in mind she's reacting to the Juncker-leaks...
    Give it big humpties

  6. #206
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,274

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    To be honest, after listening to that speech on Youtube again today, I think she pitches it very well bearing in mind she's reacting to the Juncker-leaks...
    I'm comparing what she said with what she said 'before' - and that comparison makes be think that her proclamations of earlier this week and protestations against the EU leaks and views are just a confection for public consumption prior to the local elections of yesterday and the GE. Because I suspect she knows that the leaks and views of Juncker, Barnier and Tusk are actually pretty close to being spot on. And as far as them being aimed at influencing the elections - tosh!

    Addressing audience at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in central London.on 25 April 2016

    “I believe it is clearly in our national interest to remain a member of the European Union… Remaining inside the European Union makes us more secure, it makes us more prosperous.”

    ...and so on...

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7655351.html

    Her change in position and her rhetoric since June 23rd - and especially most recently - means that I just cannot trust a word that Theresa May says, even if I wanted to...how can you - when she has 'changed' as she has.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 05-May-2017 at 15:47.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  7. #207
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I'm comparing what she said with what she said 'before' - and that comparison makes be think that her proclamations of earlier this week and protestations against the EU leaks and views are just a confection for public consumption prior to the local elections of yesterday and the GE. Because I suspect she knows that the leaks and views of Juncker, Barnier and Tusk are actually pretty close to being spot on. And as far as them being aimed at influencing the elections - tosh!

    Addressing audience at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in central London.on 25 April 2016

    “I believe it is clearly in our national interest to remain a member of the European Union… Remaining inside the European Union makes us more secure, it makes us more prosperous.”

    ...and so on...

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7655351.html

    Her change in position and her rhetoric since June 23rd - and especially most recently - means that I just cannot trust a word that Theresa May says, even if I wanted to...how can you - when she has 'changed' as she has.
    And your lack of trust might just be because you've made assumptions. To quote you, "I suspect."

    Not saying you're wrong but, equally, not saying you're right.
    Give it big humpties

  8. #208
    Ryder Cup Winner SocketRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,118

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I'm comparing what she said with what she said 'before' - and that comparison makes be think that her proclamations of earlier this week and protestations against the EU leaks and views are just a confection for public consumption prior to the local elections of yesterday and the GE. Because I suspect she knows that the leaks and views of Juncker, Barnier and Tusk are actually pretty close to being spot on. And as far as them being aimed at influencing the elections - tosh!

    Addressing audience at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in central London.on 25 April 2016

    “I believe it is clearly in our national interest to remain a member of the European Union… Remaining inside the European Union makes us more secure, it makes us more prosperous.”

    ...and so on...

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7655351.html

    Her change in position and her rhetoric since June 23rd - and especially most recently - means that I just cannot trust a word that Theresa May says, even if I wanted to...how can you - when she has 'changed' as she has.
    She has changed because the UK public voted for Brexit and she has accepted their decision and is determined to make the best of it, just like the other Political leaders should be doing rather than trying by any means to thwart democracy.
    Play it cool Trigger!

  9. #209
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,286

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I'm comparing what she said with what she said 'before' - and that comparison makes be think that her proclamations of earlier this week and protestations against the EU leaks and views are just a confection for public consumption prior to the local elections of yesterday and the GE. Because I suspect she knows that the leaks and views of Juncker, Barnier and Tusk are actually pretty close to being spot on. And as far as them being aimed at influencing the elections - tosh!

    Addressing audience at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in central London.on 25 April 2016

    “I believe it is clearly in our national interest to remain a member of the European Union… Remaining inside the European Union makes us more secure, it makes us more prosperous.”

    ...and so on...

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7655351.html

    Her change in position and her rhetoric since June 23rd - and especially most recently - means that I just cannot trust a word that Theresa May says, even if I wanted to...how can you - when she has 'changed' as she has.
    So you are prepared to accept the words of these guys when. These are the same people who have a record of being two faced, if you read the history of the Greek and EU negotiations you will discover that they told the Greeks of their support in private then reversed their views in public. It is a well know EU tactic used with the protection of their unelected positions designed to keep member states in-line and maintain the will and dream of their super-state ambitions where member states are just the means and source of funding.

    IMO the language and perspective of your posts are clouded entirely by the dislike of the PM. Tories and the Referendum result - the wood and the trees have merged.

  10. #210
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,952

    Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

    Strong and Stable...... what he said

    Oh and it is sweary and NSFW.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

PGA Tour To Introduce New Doping Regulations

The PGA Tour will now use blood testing in accordance with WADA's code and will also report on recreational drug use

June 21, 2017

Phil Mickelson And Caddie Bones Split After 25 Years

Bones has caddied for Mickelson in all of his five major championship victories

June 21, 2017

FootJoy D.N.A. Helix Shoe Unveiled

FootJoy D.N.A. Helix Shoe Unveiled - With the help of some of the best players in the world, FootJoy has created a lighter, more structured performance golf shoe called D.N.A. Helix

June 20, 2017

Travelers Championship Golf Betting Tips

TPC River Highlands hosts the event on the PGA Tour this week, check out who we think will do well with these Travelers Championship Golf Betting Tips

June 20, 2017

BMW International Open Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour are in Germany this week, check out who we think will do well with these BMW International Open Golf Betting Tips

June 20, 2017