Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Is she got what it takes to be PM? Or is she like Gordie Broon - competent and totally comfortable in a very senior government role - but basically just not up to the job of PM.

Two recent examples of where a PM needs a thick skin but where May shows that hers is not so thick: taking a very hard and public line on cabinet leaks when she knows that in politics leaking is part of the game. This just gives the impression that she feels vulnerable and not in control; and the Trousergate - where she has set her #1 'attack dog' on Nicky Morgan and banned her from No10 and from attending Brexit meetings - for suggesting nigh on 1000 on a pair of pants in a photo shoot is not quite the message the NAACs (Not At All Coping) and JAMs needed. That just seems petulant and counter productive.

Then there is her almost complete silence on approach to Brexit - except when she is slapping down miscreants making statements verging on Brexit policy feelers - sounds like micro-management borne of insecurity. And my wife commented that she seems to be walking with more of a stoop these days - is the weight on her shoulders getting too much?

I actually did have hopes for TM - but not sure she is up to it.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Tour Winner

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

If the latest polls are any indication, with the Tories on 42% and Labour trailing on 25%, Mr J Public seems to think she's doing OK.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ger147 View Post
    If the latest polls are any indication, with the Tories on 42% and Labour trailing on 25%, Mr J Public seems to think she's doing OK.
    I suspect a lot of that is down to the sheer unelectability of Corbyn than to do with the attraction of May. If Labour could get their act together and have a leader who resonated with the public then I'd guess that gap would be a lot closer.

She has always stooped but she is being pictured more now, especially walking on her own, so it stands out more. She is getting more Monty Burns like but I think her choice of short jackets exaggerates the stoop which does not help.

Early days. PM's like control. Alistair Cambell ruled behind the scenes with a rod of iron, others have tried to follow. Nicky Morgan was sacked from her role so I suspect she is not a fan anyway. I actually agree with her comments regarding Brexit and don't understand people who expect her to give constant updates on what she would like out of it. The only thing I have not liked is the occasional soundbite, red, white and blue Brexit for example. That is not what she is about and she needs to stop that. People like her being straightforward, we don't want soundbites from her.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Very sexist coverage from all parts...

Bet Blair or Cameron don't get their suits in Top Man or their shirts from the market! Never mentioned.

Poor old Tre spends out on some leather strides and its front page!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Very sexist coverage from all parts...

Bet Blair or Cameron don't get their suits in Top Man or their shirts from the market! Never mentioned.

Poor old Tre spends out on some leather strides and its front page!
    My point is not what she was wearing; how much it cost; who pointed it out; who really cares - rather it was about TMs reaction - which as the Times newspaper said yesterday was just childish - just toys out of the pram petulance - not the reaction of someone with a skin thick enough to be a long serving PM.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

I think she's doing a fantastic job, in a very difficult situation. No PM has ever had the scrutiny and faced ridiculous legal challenges at every turn she makes. We at last have a PM who seems to want to do the best for the UK.
    Cobra Amp Cell Driver
    Adams, 3 & 5 fairways
    Snake Eyes 675C Forged 4-PW
    Mizuno MP T5 wedges (52 & 56)
    Ping Ally putter

You may be right but what are the alternatives? Looking at the current cabinet no-one is jumping out as a better candidate than TM, maybe just Michael Fallon or Philip Hammond.

She's in unchartered waters, unenviable position for her, wouldn't surprise me at all if she didn't last that long, tough job but she wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    You may be right but what are the alternatives? Looking at the current cabinet no-one is jumping out as a better candidate than TM, maybe just Michael Fallon or Philip Hammond.

She's in unchartered waters, unenviable position for her, wouldn't surprise me at all if she didn't last that long, tough job but she wanted it.
    I agree she is in a very unenviable position and wonder who would take her place. After all we were very close to having Boris Johnson as PM and Andrea Leadsome as chancellor. I am 1000% happier with May and Hammond. And were Ken Clarke to be Foreign Secretary then they'd be a Tory Remain Top Gear (yes it's been said many many times before)

So no idea what might happen two years down the line from now if she does not, or is unable to, deliver a hard Brexit
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 12-Dec-2016 at 12:02.

Job done

She's doing just fine
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0