Page 105 of 130 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1297

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

How long until the right wing press including broadsheets turn on May?
    Even the normally loyal Telegraph front pages with 'Night of the blunt stiletto' today and a fairly negative article.

Alas the one person who really needs reshuffled into retirement remains utterly blinkered to her own ineptitude.

I'm not sure anyone really wants to take over at the moment. It's a bit like taking over a poor Utd team after Fergie left, whoever it was going to be they were going to get a hiding. Any new PM would have a pathetic majority, a hostile party, they are in hoc to the DUP, Brexit is dragging the govt down and they have little money to buy off the voters. Considering you only get one chance at actually being PM then now is not the time to say "me please". Better to get past Brexit and start with a relatively clean sheet. She's a dead woman walking but no one wants to join her.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Well what do you know - the Mail, Telegraph and Times come galloping to my side before the usual suspects attack me and my thoughts on the May re-shuffle as being typical of my blinkered, biased anti-Tory rantings. More's the pity.

So what is going on? Well I might suggests that she's either:

1) being very clever politically and trying to save the Tory party from itself by somehow getting to the point of triggering another GE and getting Corbyn into power; with the Tories then being able to blame him and Labour for the resulting mess that she is confident is going to happen - or;

2) utterly useless at the job (as many fell she was as Home Secretary)

Note that I hear that Davis was going to resign if she created a post of Minister for No Deal; and that Maria Caulfield - the new Minister for Women - is an anti-abortionist and had tweeted support for Toby Young - now resigned (as btw so also did our Foreign Secretary - a week ago telling us that Young was perfect for the role)

And why did May not get Toby Young removed from the position when she stated how objectionable and unacceptable his words were?
    Could it be 'cos Toby Young is a good mate of his boss Joe Johnson and also her Foreign Secretary - who just so happens to be the brother of his boss. Powerless and well as hopeless.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 09-Jan-2018 at 10:58.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

The people delivered a blow the political classes are still reeling from...

Well done us I say...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post

Well done us I say...
    Given this Quentin Letts book for Xmas, a funny read it is -https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patronising-*******s-Elites-Betrayed-Britain/dp/1472127358

Scuse the profanity, that's what the book's called!

Well done us I say...
    Don't get what that is about and whatever it refers to I can't work out what it has got to do with May's ability to do the job of PM

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Ryder Cup Winner

The one positive is Hunt insisting on taking social services with the health service.
    Good to see one Westminster Minister has a grip on things.

The rest looks like an out of control scrabble, with ministers dictating to the PM.
    She really has lost it.

BTW Toby Young resigned [if you can resign from a job you have yet to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    The one positive is Hunt insisting on taking social services with the health service.
    Good to see one Westminster Minister has a grip on things.
    I agree with this. They need to be joined up and this should help. There can certainly be no more excuses going forward.

I heard one doctor talking yesterday who said that if you gave the NHS more money tomorrow then at least half of it should be given immediately to social care as that will get people home, out of hospital beds and free up space. More money but not enough beds is no use.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Don't get what that is about and whatever it refers to I can't work out what it has got to do with May's ability to do the job of PM
    Ummm... The people have posed a 'question' for which she appears to have no answer...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Ummm... The people have posed a 'question' for which she appears to have no answer...
    what question?

Job done