Page 134 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1467

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    That's spot on, just like his Brexit views he will criticize everything coming from the UK and praise all from the EU. Even I am not that closed in my view.
    Yes you are...

Brexit may just turn out to be the best thing to happen to the UK for several generations. However, due to the incredible difficulty of disentangling ourselves from decades of trade/politics, its possible that we could lose an entire generation to a self imposed recession. That generation would include both my children. You'll have to forgive me if I find the laissez faire attitude of some on here a touch annoying.
    TM M2 - Rogue Black stiff shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM RBZ 18* Hybrid
    Srixon 20 degree driving iron
    Taylor made P790 5-PW - Project X 6.0
    Vokey wedges 50, 56 & 60
    Odyssey Fang Tank

Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    Yes you are...

Brexit may just turn out to be the best thing to happen to the UK for several generations. However, due to the incredible difficulty of disentangling ourselves from decades of trade/politics, its possible that we could lose an entire generation to a self imposed recession. That generation would include both my children. You'll have to forgive me if I find the laissez faire attitude of some on here a touch annoying.
    Well that's it all boxed up and sorted then, lets not change anything in case it has an adverse effect on your kids. have you considered that staying in the EU may have an adverse effect on your kids and us moving away from it may well be the best thing for their future. I am not completely closed in my view to how we leave the EU, I am open to views that can show clearly how certain measures would be advantageous and I can understand how the EU would not want Brexit to damage their economies, I would rather we just move away and let them continue with their plans of closer integration. Maybe you could justify your assertions as being in your opinion just as this is mine
    Last edited by SocketRocket; 06-Jul-2018 at 23:07.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Assistant Pro

Speaking to someone in the know... all big details of 'the deal' done between May & EU. Its will stay under wraps with people and politicians & the EU posturing on various things. The idea is to let people think its all going to the wall and then at the last min, TM will come in as shinning armour to save the world. We already saw it this week when suddenly all the ministers are behind a 'compromise deal' and now there are discussions on special rights for EU citizens etc.

Any first deal would have been shot down, so plain old game of selling a dummy and then bringing on the real deal...

<dont shoot the messenger, this could all be locker room talk>>

Quote Originally Posted by Mudball View Post
    Speaking to someone in the know... all big details of 'the deal' done between May & EU. Its will stay under wraps with people and politicians & the EU posturing on various things. The idea is to let people think its all going to the wall and then at the last min, TM will come in as shinning armour to save the world. We already saw it this week when suddenly all the ministers are behind a 'compromise deal' and now there are discussions on special rights for EU citizens etc.

Any first deal would have been shot down, so plain old game of selling a dummy and then bringing on the real deal...

<dont shoot the messenger, this could all be locker room talk>>
    This sounds remarkably like Baldrick and one of his cunning plans 😁. They worked okay each time didn't they?

Ryder Cup Winner

So.….It was a case of stand up for your strong political opinions or lose the big salary and ministerial car.
    I guess the not so magnificent 7 chose the Nigel Farage option
    What a sorry bunch of chancers they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    So.….It was a case of stand up for your strong political opinions or lose the big salary and ministerial car.
    I guess the not so magnificent 7 chose the Nigel Farage option
    What a sorry bunch of chancers they are.
    Can’t disagree with that.

I wonder if they’re relying on the backbenchers and Labour to vote it down, leaving them squeaky clean and well placed to replace May.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Can’t disagree with that.

I wonder if they’re relying on the backbenchers and Labour to vote it down, leaving them squeaky clean and well placed to replace May.
    I don't think anyone wants the job right now. Get to next March and then take over. Now it is a poisonous job.

Spineless from a number of ministers. I agree, they are either hoping parliament or the EU will knock it back and they are then not seen as the ones who brought down the gov't.

About the only folk that will be remotely satisfied with Fridays outcomes...

Will be the fully paid up members of the Turd Polishers Union...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I don't think anyone wants the job right now. Get to next March and then take over. Now it is a poisonous job.

Spineless from a number of ministers. I agree, they are either hoping parliament or the EU will knock it back and they are then not seen as the ones who brought down the gov't.
    I did wonder if she is a stalking horse for the Tory party, or a sacrificial lamb for the poisoned chalice that is leading the party through Brexit.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I did wonder if she is a stalking horse for the Tory party, or a sacrificial lamb for the poisoned chalice that is leading the party through Brexit.
    I'd go with the latter. She walked into the trap with her eyes open but I do think she has made a particularly bad job of her time, poisoned chalice or not.