Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 LastLast

Re: Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    No....she showed poor judgement.[once again]
    Not what I look for in a leader

I think the lasting image of that conference will be the sign behind her.

Build a strong country............. when they can't even build a stage set that can last for an hour.

Well there you go, and I thought it was Exhibition contractors that built the stage sets.... I didn't realise they had to build them themselves.... everydays a school day
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    ...or has the guts to try to tough it out, even though clearly unwell? Contrast with a Labour Shadow Minister who can't count, got found out and then disappeared for a week.
    And a rousing cheer from Labours conference. If that is the opposition TM has nowt to fear.

As long as Labour have her in their front benches, I could be the Tory PM! LMAO
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    Well there you go, and I thought it was Exhibition contractors that built the stage sets.... I didn't realise they had to build them themselves.... everydays a school day
    Really.........A big boy done it then ran away
    Try telling that story to your boss next time you make a Horlicks of a plan.
    Bottom line is they were responsible for staging the event from top to bottom. [inc security BTW]

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    A deal from Brussels? Barnier et all can't be seen to be giving something half decent to the UK just in case it leads to other countries wanting to be out but with a favourable deal. And that from Yanis Whatshisname the ex-Greek PM who thinks Brexit is bad.
    The irony of Yanis is brilliant. Greece , the country that falsified data and their financial statements to get into the EU and then borrowed ridiculous amounts money at stupidly low interest rates from EU banks. Then when the time came to pay it back decided that they couldn't and wouldn't. Cue Germany, France and the UK having to bail them out......
    H/cap 6.7,

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Really.........A big boy done it then ran away
    Try telling that story to your boss next time you make a Horlicks of a plan.
    Bottom line is they were responsible for staging the event from top to bottom. [inc security BTW]
    And if it had been reported that Theresa May had been overseeing the contractors putting the signs up and building the stage you would have criticised her for that instead of her focusing on more important things. We all know that no matter what she (or the Tories) do, you will display your usual anti-English, anti-Tory, anti-Westminster bias to find fault with it.

Journeyman Pro CheltenhamHacker's Avatar

Any reason Abbott gets so much more stick than most other politicians for errors? I find it a bit weird how if people want to deflect from the Conservatives, it's quite often a pop at her.
    Current bag:
    Ping G25's: 3W, 23* Hybrid, 4i-PW
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 52*, 56*
    Putter: Ping Anser

Handicap: 20.0>20.1>20.2>20.3>20.4>20.5>20.6 Going the wrong way.
    Handicap Aim: 18 by 01/01/2014 (this is looking much harder....)
    Member of Naunton Downs, Gloucestershire

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamHacker View Post
    Any reason Abbott gets so much more stick than most other politicians for errors? I find it a bit weird how if people want to deflect from the Conservatives, it's quite often a pop at her.
    The reasons are clear
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    The irony of Yanis is brilliant. Greece , the country that falsified data and their financial statements to get into the EU and then borrowed ridiculous amounts money at stupidly low interest rates from EU banks. Then when the time came to pay it back decided that they couldn't and wouldn't. Cue Germany, France and the UK having to bail them out......
    This is of course be apocryphal - but my understanding was that - prior to the 2008 crash - Greece had proportionately the highest ownership level of BMWs in Europe. Mind you many of them might have been wrecks - but I think it was a bit more than that. Though probably nothing to do with Theresa May
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Still not sure why her protection unit didn't level the clown with the letter? Can you imagine that happening to Donald?

Symbolism is massive in politics and yesterday was not a good day for the PM.

With regards to Dianne Abbott, she is simply awful. She has a history of being awful and inept. Attacking her is like shooting fish in a barrel, every comment will hit home and so if you need to deflect then she is the go to lady. It is a bit like a football manager blaming the ref after a defeat.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    This is of course be apocryphal - but my understanding was that - prior to the 2008 crash - Greece had proportionately the highest ownership level of BMWs in Europe. Mind you many of them might have been wrecks - but I think it was a bit more than that. Though probably nothing to do with Theresa May
    Regrettably, it's not fictitious. A report commissioned by the EU shortly after condemned Greece for overstating the surplus of its reserves by about 3 billion Euro. George Papandreou even acknowledged that the corruption of certain statistical bodies was a national disease.

Anyway, apologies for diverting from the subject of the thread.
    H/cap 6.7,