Page 5 of 799 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Fingers crossed we abide by this ruling then as they've done the best thing for us...

I am sure they will and then all the MPs will vote for Article 50 because that is what we the people voted for.
    Taylormade M1 8.75° - Accra FX 260 - M4
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815hy 17° - Veylix Rome 988
    Srixon ZU45 2 Iron - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura PP 9003 SN 4-PW - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura Y Grind 50° & 60° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Miura K Grind 55° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Ping Ketsch - 35"

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1975 View Post
    I am sure they will and then all the MPs will vote for Article 50 because that is what we the people voted for.
    Yea, sadly I expect this to happen although we all know that the majority of people don't want Brexit. Sadly the majority stayed at home on referendum day.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Not that they have ruled on it but the ruling they have given... As I say, its no matter as it will shake out the same.

Dude, these people work for us!
    Indeed they do - to protect us from the Executive (the government) - to ensure that the legislature (parliament) can determine what is best for us.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

The people in my constituency didn't. And whether we did or not is frankly irrelevant - my MP should vote in accordance with what he thinks is best for his constituents and the country, and that may well be different from what his constituents might want - our MPs are not delegates.

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    The people in my constituency didn't. And whether we did or not is frankly irrelevant - my MP should vote in accordance with what he thinks is best for his constituents and the country, and that may well be different from what his constituents might want - our MPs are not delegates.

You have a very warped view.... We the people voted for what we wanted, no need for local MPs in this case. The MPs are there to vote for what he/she thinks is best for their constituents unless there is a referendum where we the people get to go direct with our views, as we did.

No point in a referendum if the MPs then vote too.... You might have time in your life to vote just for something to do but I don't.
    Ping Ketsch - 35"

Money List Winner

Ooh, how exciting. Part 1 of my preminition is coming true. OK, here's what happens next.

They have to vote and the MPs vote narrowly not to invoke article 50. This leads to quite a few political casualties (but not Boris who will claim he was never actually in favour of it all along) and the rise again of UKIP, who will drag the swivel eyed loon Farage back out of retirement for the 5th time, and they will get a few seats in the next general election that is called pretty quickly.

In the mean time the government then negotiate a better deal with the EU which will calm some of the fears of the more rational brexiters. This will still allow us access to the single market but put some kind of nominal curb on immigration. The more crazy fringe meanwhile are not happy, but then again they never will until we go back to the 50s and deport all Syrian refugee children. The pound will then rise against the Euro and we can afford to go golfing in Portugal and Spain once again.

Then after a few years the more prominent Brexit MPs will die off and the younger generation who have grown up in a more multicultural society will kind of go, meh, it's not perfect but it's better than being a little Englander. And it will go away as an issue.
    Last edited by Hacker Khan; 03-Nov-2016 at 13:33.

You have a very warped view.... We the people voted for what we wanted, no need for local MPs in this case. The MPs are there to vote for what he/she thinks is best for their constituents unless there is a referendum where we the people get to go direct with our views, as we did.

No point in a referendum if the MPs then vote too.... You might have time in your life to vote just for something to do but I don't.
    My view is not warped - what I am saying is just FACT in respect of the UK constitution. And whether you like it or not - or whether you were misled by Cameron saying he would implement the result or not, the referendum was simply not binding and it is the duty and right of parliament to consider and vote on this matter.

Job done

Excellent news! Very unlikely to derail the calamity that is brexit (IMO of course) but hopefully now the exit deal will be subjected to proper levels of scrutiny to prevent the tories pouring the baby out with the bath water.

If we're really lucky we might actually get the general election Theresa May should have called on day 1!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Ooh, how exciting. Part 1 of my preminition is coming true. OK, here's what happens next.

They have to vote and the MPs vote narrowly not to invoke article 50. This leads to quite a few political casualties (but not Boris who will claim he was never actually in favour of it all along) and the rise again of UKIP, who will drag the swivel eyed loon Farage back out of retirement for the 5th time, and they will get a few seats in the next general election that is called pretty quickly.

In the mean time the government then negotiate a better deal with the EU which will calm some of the fears of the more rational brexiters. This will still allow us access to the single market but put some kind of nominal curb on immigration. The more crazy fringe meanwhile are not happy, but then again they never will until we go back to the 50s and deport all Syrian refugee children. The pound will then rise against the Euro and we can afford to go golfing in Portugal and Spain once again.

Then after a few years the more prominent Brexit MPs will die off and the younger generation who have grown up in a more multicultural society will kind of go, meh, it's not perfect but it's better than being a little Englander. And it will go away as an issue.

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post

In the mean time the EU will crash a burn and non of this will matter apart from the fact that we will have even less respect for our own system and the unrest will be dangerous.
    Ping Ketsch - 35"