Page 5 of 799 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 7982

Thread: Article 50

  1. #41
    Tour Winner Alex1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,938

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Fingers crossed we abide by this ruling then as they've done the best thing for us...

    I am sure they will and then all the MPs will vote for Article 50 because that is what we the people voted for.
    Taylormade M1 8.75° - Accra FX 260 - M4
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815hy 17° - Veylix Rome 988
    Srixon ZU45 2 Iron - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura PP 9003 SN 4-PW - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura Y Grind 50° & 60° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Miura K Grind 55° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Ping Ketsch - 35"

  2. #42
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1975 View Post
    I am sure they will and then all the MPs will vote for Article 50 because that is what we the people voted for.
    Yea, sadly I expect this to happen although we all know that the majority of people don't want Brexit. Sadly the majority stayed at home on referendum day.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

  3. #43
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,221

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1975 View Post
    Not that they have ruled on it but the ruling they have given... As I say, its no matter as it will shake out the same.

    Dude, these people work for us!
    Indeed they do - to protect us from the Executive (the government) - to ensure that the legislature (parliament) can determine what is best for us.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  4. #44
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,221

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1975 View Post
    I am sure they will and then all the MPs will vote for Article 50 because that is what we the people voted for.
    The people in my constituency didn't. And whether we did or not is frankly irrelevant - my MP should vote in accordance with what he thinks is best for his constituents and the country, and that may well be different from what his constituents might want - our MPs are not delegates.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  5. #45
    Tour Winner Alex1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,938

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    The people in my constituency didn't. And whether we did or not is frankly irrelevant - my MP should vote in accordance with what he thinks is best for his constituents and the country, and that may well be different from what his constituents might want - our MPs are not delegates.

    You have a very warped view.... We the people voted for what we wanted, no need for local MPs in this case. The MPs are there to vote for what he/she thinks is best for their constituents unless there is a referendum where we the people get to go direct with our views, as we did.


    No point in a referendum if the MPs then vote too.... You might have time in your life to vote just for something to do but I don't.
    Taylormade M1 8.75° - Accra FX 260 - M4
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815hy 17° - Veylix Rome 988
    Srixon ZU45 2 Iron - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura PP 9003 SN 4-PW - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura Y Grind 50° & 60° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Miura K Grind 55° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Ping Ketsch - 35"

  6. #46
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,345

    Re: Article 50

    Ooh, how exciting. Part 1 of my preminition is coming true. OK, here's what happens next.

    They have to vote and the MPs vote narrowly not to invoke article 50. This leads to quite a few political casualties (but not Boris who will claim he was never actually in favour of it all along) and the rise again of UKIP, who will drag the swivel eyed loon Farage back out of retirement for the 5th time, and they will get a few seats in the next general election that is called pretty quickly.

    In the mean time the government then negotiate a better deal with the EU which will calm some of the fears of the more rational brexiters. This will still allow us access to the single market but put some kind of nominal curb on immigration. The more crazy fringe meanwhile are not happy, but then again they never will until we go back to the 50s and deport all Syrian refugee children. The pound will then rise against the Euro and we can afford to go golfing in Portugal and Spain once again.

    Then after a few years the more prominent Brexit MPs will die off and the younger generation who have grown up in a more multicultural society will kind of go, meh, it's not perfect but it's better than being a little Englander. And it will go away as an issue.
    Last edited by Hacker Khan; 03-Nov-2016 at 13:33.

  7. #47
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,221

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1975 View Post
    You have a very warped view.... We the people voted for what we wanted, no need for local MPs in this case. The MPs are there to vote for what he/she thinks is best for their constituents unless there is a referendum where we the people get to go direct with our views, as we did.


    No point in a referendum if the MPs then vote too.... You might have time in your life to vote just for something to do but I don't.
    My view is not warped - what I am saying is just FACT in respect of the UK constitution. And whether you like it or not - or whether you were misled by Cameron saying he would implement the result or not, the referendum was simply not binding and it is the duty and right of parliament to consider and vote on this matter.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  8. #48
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,086

    Re: Article 50

    Excellent news! Very unlikely to derail the calamity that is brexit (IMO of course) but hopefully now the exit deal will be subjected to proper levels of scrutiny to prevent the tories pouring the baby out with the bath water.

    If we're really lucky we might actually get the general election Theresa May should have called on day 1!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.5

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

  9. #49
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,221

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Ooh, how exciting. Part 1 of my preminition is coming true. OK, here's what happens next.

    They have to vote and the MPs vote narrowly not to invoke article 50. This leads to quite a few political casualties (but not Boris who will claim he was never actually in favour of it all along) and the rise again of UKIP, who will drag the swivel eyed loon Farage back out of retirement for the 5th time, and they will get a few seats in the next general election that is called pretty quickly.

    In the mean time the government then negotiate a better deal with the EU which will calm some of the fears of the more rational brexiters. This will still allow us access to the single market but put some kind of nominal curb on immigration. The more crazy fringe meanwhile are not happy, but then again they never will until we go back to the 50s and deport all Syrian refugee children. The pound will then rise against the Euro and we can afford to go golfing in Portugal and Spain once again.

    Then after a few years the more prominent Brexit MPs will die off and the younger generation who have grown up in a more multicultural society will kind of go, meh, it's not perfect but it's better than being a little Englander. And it will go away as an issue.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  10. #50
    Tour Winner Alex1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,938

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Ooh, how exciting. Part 1 of my preminition is coming true. OK, here's what happens next.

    They have to vote and the MPs vote narrowly not to invoke article 50. This leads to quite a few political casualties (but not Boris who will claim he was never actually in favour of it all along) and the rise again of UKIP, who will drag the swivel eyed loon Farage back out of retirement for the 5th time, and they will get a few seats in the next general election that is called pretty quickly.

    In the mean time the government then negotiate a better deal with the EU which will calm some of the fears of the more rational brexiters. This will still allow us access to the single market but put some kind of nominal curb on immigration. The more crazy fringe meanwhile are not happy, but then again they never will until we go back to the 50s and deport all Syrian refugee children. The pound will then rise against the Euro and we can afford to go golfing in Portugal and Spain once again.

    Then after a few years the more prominent Brexit MPs will die off and the younger generation who have grown up in a more multicultural society will kind of go, meh, it's not perfect but it's better than being a little Englander. And it will go away as an issue.

    In the mean time the EU will crash a burn and non of this will matter apart from the fact that we will have even less respect for our own system and the unrest will be dangerous.
    Taylormade M1 8.75° - Accra FX 260 - M4
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815hy 17° - Veylix Rome 988
    Srixon ZU45 2 Iron - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura PP 9003 SN 4-PW - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
    Miura Y Grind 50° & 60° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Miura K Grind 55° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
    Ping Ketsch - 35"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Tyrrell Hatton What’s In The Bag?

We take a look at the gear used by Tyrrell Hatton in winning the Italian Open a week after successfully defending his Alfred Dunhill Links title

October 16, 2017

WATCH: Tiger Woods Back Hitting Drivers

The 14-time major winner looks closer to a return after he posted a video hitting a drive

October 16, 2017

Tyrrell Hatton wins Italian Open

Tyrrell Hatton made it two European Tour wins in two weeks, claiming the Italian Open at Golf Club Milano by a shot from Kiradech Aphibarnrat and Ross Fisher.

October 15, 2017

Pat Perez wins CIMB Classic

Pat Perez clinched his third PGA Tour victory with a four-shot win over fellow American Keegan Bradley in the CIMB Classic at TPC Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

October 15, 2017

Quiz Of The Week – 13th October

Just how much have you been paying attention to the world of golf this week? Test your knowledge...

October 13, 2017