Page 745 of 855 FirstFirst ... 245645695735743744745746747755795845 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,450 of 8549

Thread: Article 50

Tour Winner

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Careful! You are risking being accused of pedantry!
    Coming from the King of the Pedants that is high praise indeed. Do I merit a position in the Royal Court of Pedants?

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Massive? Not according to police figures. And interestingly it didn't get a mention on the BBC evening news tonight.

But the BBC have paid to hand out EU flags at "last night of the proms" tonight... should go down a bundle with those London Luvvies...
    I probably know your response, but humour me by linking to a story which states these facts. And your conspiratorial anti BBC interpretation of what actually happened does not count as facts.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Tour Winner

Only caught the very end of the show when I turned over to watch MOTD. Were there many EU flags being waved or were they a minority with the Union Jack being in the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    I probably know your response, but humour me by linking to a story which states these facts. And your conspiratorial anti BBC interpretation of what actually happened does not count as facts.

Yep, me using a wrong source... BBC not Paid for but clearly sanctioning.... I can't imagine why anyone would wave the flag of a hostile quango over that of their own country

And the march originally muted as up to 150k, or even 10% of it...
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

I don't get the problem with people waving EU flags. Half the nation voted Remain, and many want to keep saying that. Until we become a dictatorship we should welcome the choices we have whether we support that choice or not.
    Give it big humpties

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I don't get the problem with people waving EU flags. Half the nation voted Remain, and many want to keep saying that. Until we become a dictatorship we should welcome the choices we have whether we support that choice or not.
    Get that completely and I'm quite happy to get behind a Ryder Cup team under a European flag, however there is something quintessentially British about the Proms and the waving of the Union flag. Handing out EU flags there was only ever designed to provoke.

Can't understand people who bleated about leaving the EU for decades questioning why people who want to stay in might make their voices heard.

Get used to it because there is always going to be a campaign to rejoin.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Can't understand people who bleated about leaving the EU for decades questioning why people who want to stay in might make their voices heard.

Get used to it because there is always going to be a campaign to rejoin.

Don't recollect there being that much 'bleating'...

Probably/possibly because the platforms for 'bleating' are a fairly new phenomenon...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Journeyman Pro

I see Tony Blair now in favour of controlled immigration from EU states. He suggests that uncontrolled immigration was a major decider in the Brexit vote and is of the view that he was wrong in 2004 and times have changed.

So the so-called 'stupid' Breixteers had a point that he (Blair) now supports as valid: implicitly meaning Mr Barnier's red-line on freedom of movement may not be quite so relevant in a present day EU.

I wonder how long it will take for others to admit the economic strategy of the EU and ECB is also fundamentally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I agree that people should have the right to fly whatever flag they like (within reason), but this is different. It's an orchestrated and funded political campaign handing out free flags (two per person) outside the venue.
    When I heard about the EU flag at the Last Night of the Proms campaign my first thought those who instigated it must be a bit thick.
    How is this going to convince a single person to change their mind and support Remain?
    What good will it do their campaign to politicise and hijack an annual concert that people make great efforts and pay a lot of money to attend? What good will it do them to spoil some people's enjoyment of this traditional event that goes back well over 100 years?
    This is just provocation and will do their cause no good at all. In fact it will probably have the opposite effect.
    The whole thing comes across as childish and is yet another example of how some people just cannot bring themselves to accept the result of a referendum.
    As I say, a bit thick and actually quite embarrassing.
    intolerance will not be tolerated