Page 729 of 835 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731739779829 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 8346

Thread: Article 50

  1. #7281
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    11,028

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingitlikeHogan View Post

    We knew the consequences of triggering Article 50 - we can have few (if any) complaints...
    So you are saying its ok for the EU to pass any laws it wants, post triggering Article 50, with no input from the UK and the UK just has to suck it up? We didn't even get a chance to exercise a veto. You seriously believe its our fault? Unbelievable!!

    You've pitched in with some quirky arguments but the above just beggars belief. You really are happy to see the UK suffer aren't you.
    Give it big humpties

  2. #7282
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,103

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    We will get nothing out of our exit settlement .
    Perhaps you can explain EXACTLY how you know this to be fact.

  3. #7283
    Major Champion Foxholer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wasting away again in Margaritaville
    Posts
    18,008

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    no, No, NO. I am not at all happy. I am bleedin' furious that we seem to be heading for a huge settlement payment for which we will get NOTHING. But fishing rights - taking back control etc...
    Actually, there will be some other funding 'returned' to UK! So not actually 'Nothing'!

    Those UK based projects already agreed and included in the forward commitments will (or at least should!) continue to be funded. Of course, as per the rules, the UK Government has to have committed to contribute to the funding of those project as well! And farmers should continue to receive the subsidies/grants they would have expected to receive had the UK stayed within the EU.

    However, those payments from the EU are significantly less than the (GDP based) contribution the UK makes!
    Last edited by Foxholer; 01-Sep-2017 at 17:20.
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    McGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

    Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

  4. #7284
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,345

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    As as you say, it is FDs understanding but how the figure can be so varied means that someone in the EU has their maths wrong so what you you think or feel is irrelevant unless you have thoughts on the different figures being banded about.
    Footballers being sold for 200 million, EU after 100 billion, who knows anymore what anything is worth.

    It is not someone getting their maths wrong, it is them trying to get as much from us as possible, they start high, we start low, we meet in the middle. DD and TMay will spin it as a victory against the greedy EU which the Daily Mail and Brexiters will lap up, the EU will spin it as setting an example for other countries and The Guardian and me and Hoggie will lap that up.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

  5. #7285
    Journeyman Pro maxfli65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Argyll
    Posts
    1,736

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Actually, there will be some other funding 'returned' to UK! So not actually 'Nothing'!

    Those UK based projects already agreed and included in the forward commitments will (or at least should!) continue to be funded. Of course, as per the rules, the UK Government has to have committed to contribute to the funding of those project as well! And farmers should continue to receive the subsidies/grants they would have expected to receive had the UK stayed within the EU.

    However, those payments from the EU are significantly less than the (GDP based) contribution the UK makes!
    That's true but we entered EEC/EU in the first place because of easier trade with neighbours and a stronger bigger economy. The economy is stalling and will shrink after Brexit so although there's a saving to be made by not contributing to EU coffers, it will be offset by a larger shrinkage in GDP and our economy so overall we lose. Most experts would say that's nor a price worth paying.
    Comes back to the main reasons Leave won - a rejection of Camerons austerity and blaming our ills on immigrants along with nostalgia for commonwealth/empire and Britains once greater place in the world by primarily older voters.

  6. #7286
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,469

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Actually, there will be some other funding 'returned' to UK! So not actually 'Nothing'!

    Those UK based projects already agreed and included in the forward commitments will (or at least should!) continue to be funded. Of course, as per the rules, the UK Government has to have committed to contribute to the funding of those project as well! And farmers should continue to receive the subsidies/grants they would have expected to receive had the UK stayed within the EU.

    However, those payments from the EU are significantly less than the (GDP based) contribution the UK makes!
    I agree - I was not fully clear - for as long as we are IN the EU (and probably including a transition period but that tbd), the settlement covers our payments into the pot, and payments and funding to the UK from the pot continue. If we crash out in March 2019 then settlement payments calculated to 2020 (end of the MFF) or beyond will give no return - as far as I can see.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  7. #7287
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,103

    Re: Article 50

    Let's not blame the older voter, rather the younger voter who failed to vote.

  8. #7288
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,469

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    So you are saying its ok for the EU to pass any laws it wants, post triggering Article 50, with no input from the UK and the UK just has to suck it up? We didn't even get a chance to exercise a veto. You seriously believe its our fault? Unbelievable!!

    You've pitched in with some quirky arguments but the above just beggars belief. You really are happy to see the UK suffer aren't you.
    I am not at all happy to see the UK suffer. If we suffer it is because we have triggered Article 50 without fully understanding or explaining the consequences. I am most definitely 100% NOT happy. I'd have thought that obvious given I would prefer that we did not leave the EU.

    I expect May, Davis & Co and all other leavers to explain any suffering or difficult consequences resulting from Brexit. Whining that the EU is not playing the game doesn't cut it for me. We have brought this upon ourselves.

    That said - and I shall repeat unless it is forgotten - if we must leave I hope we sort out this mess and a decent exit is agreed.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 01-Sep-2017 at 17:49.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  9. #7289
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,469

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    That's true but we entered EEC/EU in the first place because of easier trade with neighbours and a stronger bigger economy. The economy is stalling and will shrink after Brexit so although there's a saving to be made by not contributing to EU coffers, it will be offset by a larger shrinkage in GDP and our economy so overall we lose. Most experts would say that's nor a price worth paying.
    Comes back to the main reasons Leave won - a rejection of Camerons austerity and blaming our ills on immigrants along with nostalgia for commonwealth/empire and Britains once greater place in the world by primarily older voters.
    Dangerous ground to be treading...
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  10. #7290
    Tour Rookie IanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=SwingsitlikeHogan;1742535]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post

    What a load of ... fake news BBC...

    But EU funding of the BBC makes for a great basis for a good whinge - and for dismissal of anything the BBC says about how things are going.


    Only £2.3m in THAT link .... Not much then... tough gig
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Rahm and Fleetwood are winners in Dubai

Spain’s Jon Rahm won the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai by a single shot while a late stumble by Justin Rose allowed Tommy Fleetwood to secure the Race to Dubai title.

November 19, 2017

Black Friday Groupon Golf Deals

Check out these superb Groupon golf deals, ranging from fourballs to lessons to simulator experiences

November 17, 2017

Save Over £200 On This Bushnell Golf Pro X7 Jolt Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

Check out this cracking offer on Amazon to buy this Bushnell Golf Pro X7 Jolt Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

November 17, 2017

Black Friday Amazon Golf Deals

Amazon is an incredible place to buy anything of course, but the golf section on the website is a great place to find some goodies for your game

November 17, 2017

Get A Half Price Sky Sports Pass With This Now TV Offer – From Just £33.99

The on demand Sky Sports service Now TV has got an awesome Black Friday two for one offer on its Sky Sports Pass

November 17, 2017