Page 727 of 755 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 7549

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

[QUOTE=SwingsitlikeHogan;1742510]You'd still be expected to meet your commitments to the golf club.../ QUOTE]

Of course you would. And they'd be absolutely clear on the amount owed and show you the line in the contract. - which doesnt again answer my point on if the EU have a contract, where is it and why dont they wave it under our nose, rather than keep making it up!

And you are dead right about the exit con... pretend we've left , but we're still paying fees open borders etc etc That's even Labour Party Policy now...

As for the BBC, you do know about their deals with the EU dont you?

I hope you saw the German Car makers story this week.... wonderful...... and I do mean both parts of the story!
    Last edited by IanM; 01-Sep-2017 at 14:00.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    The Great Repeal Bill - mais non - it's The Great Continuity Bill - according to one David Davis currently in the States talking trade deals (though isn't that what Dr Liam Fox is all about? Anyway...)

So in March 2019 we leave the EU - and nothing much changes. Hurrah for Independence Day.

Your best point on this thread. Acknowledgement that the EU had sucessfully removed democracy from the peoples of this continent. And many folk think that's ok.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Money List Winner

[QUOTE=IanM;1742524]
    You'd still be expected to meet your commitments to the golf club.../ QUOTE]

Of course you would. And they'd be absolutely clear on the amount owed and show you the line in the contract. - which doesnt again answer my point on if the EU have a contract, where is it and why dont they wave it under our nose, rather than keep making it up!

And you are dead right about the exit con... pretend we've left , but we're still paying fees open borders etc etc That's even Labour Party Policy now...

I hope you saw the German Car makers story this week.... wonderful...... and I do mean both parts of the story!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36149789 But then again they would say that.....
    Last edited by Hacker Khan; 01-Sep-2017 at 14:11.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Your best point on this thread. Acknowledgement that the EU had sucessfully removed democracy from the peoples of this continent. And many folk think that's ok.
    Don't get that conclusion. The Great Continuity Bill sounds like a reflection of the Governments exit of choice.

But UK could just leave. Off the cliff. As many want. May just be a short drop to sand, and after a bump and soft landing all OK; may be a long drop - but tide might be in so just a big noisy splash - but the waves will subside it time; or may be a long drop with tide out and a crash straight onto the rocks below...

But who knows.

The Great Continuity Bill with a 2-3yr transition is a choice - and a pragmatic one at that.

Don't know what it has to do with the EU...other than the UK has been in it for 40yrs
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by doublebogey7 View Post
    Germany's net contribition is 50% greater than the UK's, but I am sure you were giving a balanced view!!
    And my post say many other members, not all. What part of that isn't balanced?
    Give it big humpties

[QUOTE=Hacker Khan;1742530]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36149789 But then again they would say that.....
    What a load of ... fake news BBC...

But EU funding of the BBC makes for a great basis for a good whinge - and for dismissal of anything the BBC says about how things are going.

[QUOTE=IanM;1742524]
    You'd still be expected to meet your commitments to the golf club.../ QUOTE]

For those who don't know where to find out about the 2014-2020 MFF agreement - what we signed up to in 2014

http://ec.europa.eu/budget/mff/index_en.cfm

with this on the legal standing of the MFF

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyour...FTU_1.5.3.html

Noting the 2nd para of the Background of the second link

The Treaty of Lisbon transformed the multiannual financial framework from an interinstitutional agreement into a legally binding act. In addition to determining the ‘amounts of the annual ceilings on commitment appropriations by category of expenditure and of the annual ceiling on payment appropriations’, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) states that the MFF shall also ‘lay down any other provisions required for the annual budgetary procedure to run smoothly’. The MFF Regulation is accompanied by an IIA covering the areas of budgetary discipline, cooperation in budgetary matters and sound financial management. The fifth and current MFF, covering the period 2014-2020, was adopted on 2 December 2013. The current MFF was the first to be adopted under the new provisions of the Treaty of Lisbon, according to which the Council, acting in accordance with a special legislative procedure, must unanimously adopt the MFF Regulation after having obtained the consent of Parliament.

And I believe that the UK is going through line-by-line the EU rationale that underpins the settlement amount that the EU will seek. What's the amount? Well let's start at €100bn as that figure was quoted yesterday - and I assume that is if all of the rationale is accepted.

What it might be? Who knows until the rationale is agreed.

So what is the point of the €100bn? Indeed - about as useful as the UKs €ZERO. Except that Dave Davis has said it will not be ZERO.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 01-Sep-2017 at 14:23.

Pity the pound has tanked against the Euro so that €100Bn is now pretty much £100Bn Never mind - look at the boost the exchange rate has benefited UK exports - positive - balanced?
    So your quite happy thrownning a 100 billion Euro at it without not knowing what you'd get in return. Hopefully you don't do the shopping.
    Exchange rate is irrelevant to the post. Nice deflect though.

[QUOTE=SwingsitlikeHogan;1742539]

For those who don't know where to find out about the 2014-2020 MFF agreement - what we signed up to in 2014

http://ec.europa.eu/budget/mff/index_en.cfm

with this on the legal standing of the MFF

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyour...FTU_1.5.3.html

Noting the 2nd para of the Background of the second link

The Treaty of Lisbon transformed the multiannual financial framework from an interinstitutional agreement into a legally binding act. In addition to determining the ‘amounts of the annual ceilings on commitment appropriations by category of expenditure and of the annual ceiling on payment appropriations’, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) states that the MFF shall also ‘lay down any other provisions required for the annual budgetary procedure to run smoothly’. The MFF Regulation is accompanied by an IIA covering the areas of budgetary discipline, cooperation in budgetary matters and sound financial management. The fifth and current MFF, covering the period 2014-2020, was adopted on 2 December 2013. The current MFF was the first to be adopted under the new provisions of the Treaty of Lisbon, according to which the Council, acting in accordance with a special legislative procedure, must unanimously adopt the MFF Regulation after having obtained the consent of Parliament.

And I believe that the UK is going through line-by-line the EU rationale that underpins the settlement amount that the EU will seek. What's the amount? Well let's start at €100bn as that figure was quoted yesterday - and I assume that is if all of the rationale is accepted.

What it might be? Who knows until the rationale is agreed.

So what is the point of the €100bn? Indeed - about as useful as the UKs €ZERO. Except that Dave Davis has said it will not be ZERO.
    You do realise that there are 3 amendments passed since the Brexit vote which the EU wants to bind the UK to till 2020.

The cynic in me seriously questions the EU's intent in attempting to force 3 major amendments onto the UK... they're trying to screw us over. It's blatant.
    Give it big humpties

[QUOTE=Hobbit;1742544]

You do realise that there are 3 amendments passed since the Brexit vote which the EU wants to bind the UK to till 2020.

The cynic in me seriously questions the EU's intent in attempting to force 3 major amendments onto the UK... they're trying to screw us over. It's blatant.
    Without us even being allowed in the room.