Page 727 of 755 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 7549

Thread: Article 50

  1. #7261
    Tour Rookie IanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=SwingsitlikeHogan;1742510]You'd still be expected to meet your commitments to the golf club.../ QUOTE]

    Of course you would. And they'd be absolutely clear on the amount owed and show you the line in the contract. - which doesnt again answer my point on if the EU have a contract, where is it and why dont they wave it under our nose, rather than keep making it up!

    And you are dead right about the exit con... pretend we've left , but we're still paying fees open borders etc etc That's even Labour Party Policy now...

    As for the BBC, you do know about their deals with the EU dont you?

    I hope you saw the German Car makers story this week.... wonderful...... and I do mean both parts of the story!
    Last edited by IanM; 01-Sep-2017 at 14:00.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

  2. #7262
    Tour Rookie IanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    The Great Repeal Bill - mais non - it's The Great Continuity Bill - according to one David Davis currently in the States talking trade deals (though isn't that what Dr Liam Fox is all about? Anyway...)

    So in March 2019 we leave the EU - and nothing much changes. Hurrah for Independence Day.


    Your best point on this thread. Acknowledgement that the EU had sucessfully removed democracy from the peoples of this continent. And many folk think that's ok.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

  3. #7263
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,301

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=IanM;1742524]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    You'd still be expected to meet your commitments to the golf club.../ QUOTE]

    Of course you would. And they'd be absolutely clear on the amount owed and show you the line in the contract. - which doesnt again answer my point on if the EU have a contract, where is it and why dont they wave it under our nose, rather than keep making it up!

    And you are dead right about the exit con... pretend we've left , but we're still paying fees open borders etc etc That's even Labour Party Policy now...

    As for the BBC, you do know about their deals with the EU dont you?

    I hope you saw the German Car makers story this week.... wonderful...... and I do mean both parts of the story!

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36149789 But then again they would say that.....
    Last edited by Hacker Khan; 01-Sep-2017 at 14:11.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

  4. #7264
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,020

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Your best point on this thread. Acknowledgement that the EU had sucessfully removed democracy from the peoples of this continent. And many folk think that's ok.
    Don't get that conclusion. The Great Continuity Bill sounds like a reflection of the Governments exit of choice.

    But UK could just leave. Off the cliff. As many want. May just be a short drop to sand, and after a bump and soft landing all OK; may be a long drop - but tide might be in so just a big noisy splash - but the waves will subside it time; or may be a long drop with tide out and a crash straight onto the rocks below...

    But who knows.

    The Great Continuity Bill with a 2-3yr transition is a choice - and a pragmatic one at that.

    Don't know what it has to do with the EU...other than the UK has been in it for 40yrs
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  5. #7265
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,743

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by doublebogey7 View Post
    Germany's net contribition is 50% greater than the UK's, but I am sure you were giving a balanced view!!
    And my post say many other members, not all. What part of that isn't balanced?
    Give it big humpties

  6. #7266
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,020

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=Hacker Khan;1742530]
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36149789 But then again they would say that.....
    What a load of ... fake news BBC...

    But EU funding of the BBC makes for a great basis for a good whinge - and for dismissal of anything the BBC says about how things are going.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  7. #7267
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,020

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=IanM;1742524]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    You'd still be expected to meet your commitments to the golf club.../ QUOTE]

    Of course you would. And they'd be absolutely clear on the amount owed and show you the line in the contract. - which doesnt again answer my point on if the EU have a contract, where is it and why dont they wave it under our nose, rather than keep making it up!

    And you are dead right about the exit con... pretend we've left , but we're still paying fees open borders etc etc That's even Labour Party Policy now...

    As for the BBC, you do know about their deals with the EU dont you?

    I hope you saw the German Car makers story this week.... wonderful...... and I do mean both parts of the story!
    For those who don't know where to find out about the 2014-2020 MFF agreement - what we signed up to in 2014

    http://ec.europa.eu/budget/mff/index_en.cfm

    with this on the legal standing of the MFF

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyour...FTU_1.5.3.html

    Noting the 2nd para of the Background of the second link

    The Treaty of Lisbon transformed the multiannual financial framework from an interinstitutional agreement into a legally binding act. In addition to determining the ‘amounts of the annual ceilings on commitment appropriations by category of expenditure and of the annual ceiling on payment appropriations’, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) states that the MFF shall also ‘lay down any other provisions required for the annual budgetary procedure to run smoothly’. The MFF Regulation is accompanied by an IIA covering the areas of budgetary discipline, cooperation in budgetary matters and sound financial management. The fifth and current MFF, covering the period 2014-2020, was adopted on 2 December 2013. The current MFF was the first to be adopted under the new provisions of the Treaty of Lisbon, according to which the Council, acting in accordance with a special legislative procedure, must unanimously adopt the MFF Regulation after having obtained the consent of Parliament.

    And I believe that the UK is going through line-by-line the EU rationale that underpins the settlement amount that the EU will seek. What's the amount? Well let's start at €100bn as that figure was quoted yesterday - and I assume that is if all of the rationale is accepted.

    What it might be? Who knows until the rationale is agreed.

    So what is the point of the €100bn? Indeed - about as useful as the UKs €ZERO. Except that Dave Davis has said it will not be ZERO.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 01-Sep-2017 at 14:23.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  8. #7268
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,849

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Pity the pound has tanked against the Euro so that €100Bn is now pretty much £100Bn Never mind - look at the boost the exchange rate has benefited UK exports - positive - balanced?
    So your quite happy thrownning a 100 billion Euro at it without not knowing what you'd get in return. Hopefully you don't do the shopping.
    Exchange rate is irrelevant to the post. Nice deflect though.

  9. #7269
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,743

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=SwingsitlikeHogan;1742539]
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post

    For those who don't know where to find out about the 2014-2020 MFF agreement - what we signed up to in 2014

    http://ec.europa.eu/budget/mff/index_en.cfm

    with this on the legal standing of the MFF

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyour...FTU_1.5.3.html

    Noting the 2nd para of the Background of the second link

    The Treaty of Lisbon transformed the multiannual financial framework from an interinstitutional agreement into a legally binding act. In addition to determining the ‘amounts of the annual ceilings on commitment appropriations by category of expenditure and of the annual ceiling on payment appropriations’, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) states that the MFF shall also ‘lay down any other provisions required for the annual budgetary procedure to run smoothly’. The MFF Regulation is accompanied by an IIA covering the areas of budgetary discipline, cooperation in budgetary matters and sound financial management. The fifth and current MFF, covering the period 2014-2020, was adopted on 2 December 2013. The current MFF was the first to be adopted under the new provisions of the Treaty of Lisbon, according to which the Council, acting in accordance with a special legislative procedure, must unanimously adopt the MFF Regulation after having obtained the consent of Parliament.

    And I believe that the UK is going through line-by-line the EU rationale that underpins the settlement amount that the EU will seek. What's the amount? Well let's start at €100bn as that figure was quoted yesterday - and I assume that is if all of the rationale is accepted.

    What it might be? Who knows until the rationale is agreed.

    So what is the point of the €100bn? Indeed - about as useful as the UKs €ZERO. Except that Dave Davis has said it will not be ZERO.
    You do realise that there are 3 amendments passed since the Brexit vote which the EU wants to bind the UK to till 2020.

    The cynic in me seriously questions the EU's intent in attempting to force 3 major amendments onto the UK... they're trying to screw us over. It's blatant.
    Give it big humpties

  10. #7270
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,849

    Re: Article 50

    [QUOTE=Hobbit;1742544]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post

    You do realise that there are 3 amendments passed since the Brexit vote which the EU wants to bind the UK to till 2020.

    The cynic in me seriously questions the EU's intent in attempting to force 3 major amendments onto the UK... they're trying to screw us over. It's blatant.
    Without us even being allowed in the room.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

The finale of the 2017 PGA Tour season happens at East Lake Golf Club check out who we think will do well with these Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017

Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is getting towards the end of the season, check out who the GM Tipster has picked to do well with these Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017

Quiz Of The Week 15th September

How much have you been paying attention to the golfing world this week? Test your knowledge with our quiz...

September 19, 2017

FedEx Cup to be decided at Tour Championship

The 2017 FedEx Cup culminates this week at the Tour Championship at East Lake in Georgia. Jordan Spieth leads the rankings but any of the players in the top five on the standings will claim the Cup if they win at East Lake.

September 19, 2017

Padraig Harrington defends Portugal Masters

Padraig Harrington defends the Portugal Masters over the Dom Pedro Victoria Golf Course in Vilamoura and a strong field has assembled for the tournament.

September 19, 2017