Page 605 of 609 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6083

Thread: Article 50

  1. #6041
    Ryder Cup Winner SocketRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,852

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    They most certainly have good imaginations...as not even Davy and the DExEUs can tell us whether Brexit will be actually be good for us or bad...
    That's because it's the future and no one can be certain what the future holds, not even you. You can't say that staying in the EU would be better for us in the future, you can't say that people that voted Leave made the wrong vote as you dont have a crystal ball, all you and anyone else can do is make your prediction based on what you think is the best choice. And while we are at it I cant say that Brexit will be a complete success, I can only predict it will turn out for the best, I know full well that it will have it's ups and downs and people like you will be wailing and gnashing your teeth at the Downs and ignoring the Ups.

    While it's on my mind, I would like to put a question to you in a similar way that you put one to me recently. You keep on knocking the Government's/Brexiteers/many voters of all persuasions concerns with past and present immigration levels but never seem to exlain your own view on the matter. I ask you: Do you think the numbers of immigrants we have experienced over the last ten years is acceptable and sustainable, also do you think there should be any control on immigration numbers in the future? I look forward to your answers.
    Last edited by SocketRocket; 17-May-2017 at 16:27.
    Play it cool Trigger!

  2. #6042
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    I take it you include Muslims and all other faiths in that remark.
    I think @FDs post was maybe directed at me - personally - and in a manner I had no issue with
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  3. #6043
    Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,366

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    I take it you include Muslims and all other faiths in that remark.
    No, only christians were mentioned in the context and I didn't mean anything by it other than light heartedly trying to change the mood of the thread.

    If you want to discuss religion seriously in the round, start a thread and we'll see how long it lasts...
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 4/5 Hybrids
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 5-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.6

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

  4. #6044
    Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,366

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I think @FDs post was maybe directed at me - personally - and in a manner I had no issue with
    Apologies if you thought that, it was no more than banter around the context of what was being posted and certainly not intended as comment on any individuals or even Christians in general.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 4/5 Hybrids
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 5-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.6

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

  5. #6045
    Major Champion Foxholer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wasting away again in Margaritaville
    Posts
    17,479

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    ...
    If you want to discuss religion seriously in the round, start a thread and we'll see how long it lasts...
    Heaven preserve us!
    Adams Speedline Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 13.5 Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 16.5 Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20 at 21 Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23 at 24 Matrix Red Tie S
    McGregor PCB Tour 5-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

    Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on!

  6. #6046
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Heaven preserve us!
    That's it the deal up there. It's full of selective bars that you are invited into

  7. #6047
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    That's because it's the future and no one can be certain what the future holds, not even you. You can't say that staying in the EU would be better for us in the future, you can't say that people that voted Leave made the wrong vote as you dont have a crystal ball, all you and anyone else can do is make your prediction based on what you think is the best choice. And while we are at it I cant say that Brexit will be a complete success, I can only predict it will turn out for the best, I know full well that it will have it's ups and downs and people like you will be wailing and gnashing your teeth at the Downs and ignoring the Ups.

    While it's on my mind, I would like to put a question to you in a similar way that you put one to me recently. You keep on knocking the Government's/Brexiteers/many voters of all persuasions concerns with past and present immigration levels but never seem to exlain your own view on the matter. I ask you: Do you think the numbers of immigrants we have experienced over the last ten years is acceptable and sustainable, also do you think there should be any control on immigration numbers in the future? I look forward to your answers.
    I think the level of immigration has contributed to the UK being the successful country that it is. That employers have exploited the willingness of immigrants to work for less than the indigenous community, and the unwillingness of the government to invest in the schooling, housing and NHS infrastructure required to service the growing population required to deliver the successful economy does not make the immigration the UK has experienced a bad thing.

    Looking forward, the level of nett immigration needs to be at the level that our burgeoning economy (I'll take the Brexit UPside) requires to burgeon. And as it burgeons governments will be able to invest the increased tax-take in the infrastructure required. As growth in our burgeoing economy slows then the demand for immigration will reduce and hence immigration can be throttled back.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  8. #6048
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    No, only christians were mentioned in the context and I didn't mean anything by it other than light heartedly trying to change the mood of the thread.

    If you want to discuss religion seriously in the round, start a thread and we'll see how long it lasts...
    ...and that is exactly how I took it
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  9. #6049
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Heaven preserve us!
    Actually in my belief Heaven has little to do with preserving any of us - just 'he' who runs that joint helps us preserve ourselves

    But that's for another thread
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  10. #6050
    Major Champion Foxholer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wasting away again in Margaritaville
    Posts
    17,479

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    That's it the deal up there. It's full of selective bars that you are invited into
    Now now! Don't go knocking anyone's (and I DO mean 'anyone's') legitimate belief/faith!

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Actually in my belief Heaven has little to do with preserving any of us - just 'he' who runs that joint helps us preserve ourselves

    But that's for another thread
    Wooosh!
    Adams Speedline Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 13.5 Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 16.5 Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20 at 21 Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23 at 24 Matrix Red Tie S
    McGregor PCB Tour 5-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

    Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Stenson In Striking Distance At BMW PGA Championship

The world number five shot a bogey free 68 (-4) to lie two behind fellow Swede Johan Carlsson

May 25, 2017

Was Piers Morgan The Worst Golfer At Wentworth?

The BMW PGA Championship celebrity pro-am saw broadcaster Piers Morgan take to Wentworth's Burma Road. Take a look at a couple of his swings...

May 25, 2017

Tiger Woods Says He “Hasn’t Felt This Good In Years”

The 14-time major winner has successfully undergone surgery on his back for the fourth time

May 25, 2017

BMW PGA Championship Golf Betting Tips

A stellar field has assembled at stunning Wentworth, check out who we think will do well with these BMW PGA Championship Golf Betting Tips

May 23, 2017

DEAN & DELUCA Invitational Betting Tips

The PGA Tour are still in Texas for a newly named tournament, check out who we think will do well with these DEAN & DELUCA Invitational Golf Betting Tips

May 23, 2017