Page 603 of 609 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 6083

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Is this kind of view or 'humour' being seen as more acceptable post Brexit with the leave set? Horrible.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...vote-1.3082703
    Sad times
    Why would it be seen as more acceptable post Brexit than before? It was a bad and unacceptable joke before, it is now and will be in the future. Racism did not start and will not end with Brexit and we can't blame Brexit for everything, no matter how much many people would like to.
    No signature any more as they are now frowned upon. But I do play with these...Ping G30 10.5 TFC 419D reg TM M1 3 wood HL regTM RBZ 4 hybridPing G30 5 - U wedgeCleveland CG16 52 & 58 Black Pearl Tour ZipEvnroll ER5 Hatchback 33"Skycaddie LinxStewart X7 Lithium Remote Dream Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    Why would it be seen as more acceptable post Brexit than before? It was a bad and unacceptable joke before, it is now and will be in the future. Racism did not start and will not end with Brexit and we can't blame Brexit for everything, no matter how much many people would like to.
    Well I did ask 'Is it?' not say 'It is' !
    Much of what you say is true but you're missing the point. Are you saying this tweet is not Brexit related?
    There wouldn't have been a reference to a hard border before brexit. There also wouldn't have been a suggestion that Ireland wouldn't have voted for Britain pre Brexit because historically there has been a general well reciprocated vote for each countries song entries.

People say stupid things in all walks of life, that wont stop but this is written out and published online by an elected political figure (not for much longer probably).
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter

Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Well I did ask 'Is it?' not say 'It is' !
    Much of what you say is true but you're missing the point. Are you saying this tweet is not Brexit related?
    There wouldn't have been a reference to a hard border before brexit. There also wouldn't have been a suggestion that Ireland wouldn't have voted for Britain pre Brexit because historically there has been a general well reciprocated vote for each countries song entries.

People say stupid things in all walks of life, that wont stop but this is written out and published online by an elected political figure (not for much longer probably).
    ...and so we most certainly can blame Brexit for this idiots tweet.

note to self: be careful and judicious when using words such as 'idiot' in the context of a Leaver - but I think this time I may have got away with it
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post

note to self: be careful and judicious when using words such as 'idiot' in the context of a Leaver - but I think this time I may have got away with it
    You can call individuals idiots, no problem, you can call politicians idiots, no problem, but your continued reference to leavers as apposed to individuals is a problem (with me) . This tweet was by someone who happened to be a leaver, there is a fair chance he is also a Christian. Does that mean we (you) class all Christians as idiots, I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    You can call individuals idiots, no problem, you can call politicians idiots, no problem, but your continued reference to leavers as apposed to individuals is a problem (with me) . This tweet was by someone who happened to be a leaver, there is a fair chance he is also a Christian. Does that mean we (you) class all Christians as idiots, I think not.
    I'd also take issue with the use of the term "blame" in this context. Many don't see Brexit as bad, in fact its good for them.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I'd also take issue with the use of the term "blame" in this context. Many don't see Brexit as bad, in fact its good for them.
    I think that's MOST going by the vote.

Wrong!

If any 'blame' is to be assigned, it's associated with/related to Eurovision voting!

The Brexit reference was merely 'topical'

Your 'idiot' description was certainly correct (if not grammatically so) though!
    Adams Speedline Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 13.5 Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 16.5 Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20 at 21 Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23 at 24 Matrix Red Tie S
    McGregor PCB Tour 5-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    eh? - some Christians are idiots. Some Leavers are idiots. Some Remainers are idiots. That OK?

And btw - I NEVER say ALL Leavers are idiots.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 17-May-2017 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Wrong!

If any 'blame' is to be assigned, it's associated with/related to Eurovision voting!

The Brexit reference was merely 'topical'

Your 'idiot' description was certainly correct (if not grammatically so) though!
    I would suggest that the comment was made in the context of the ESC but has as it's basis Brexit - since there is no Eire/NI border question outside of Brexit.

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Are those the idiots?
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 4/5 Hybrids
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 5-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.6

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!