Page 603 of 609 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 6083

Thread: Article 50

  1. #6021
    Journeyman Pro Sweep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Is this kind of view or 'humour' being seen as more acceptable post Brexit with the leave set? Horrible.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...vote-1.3082703
    Sad times
    Why would it be seen as more acceptable post Brexit than before? It was a bad and unacceptable joke before, it is now and will be in the future. Racism did not start and will not end with Brexit and we can't blame Brexit for everything, no matter how much many people would like to.
    No signature any more as they are now frowned upon. But I do play with these...Ping G30 10.5 TFC 419D reg TM M1 3 wood HL regTM RBZ 4 hybridPing G30 5 - U wedgeCleveland CG16 52 & 58 Black Pearl Tour ZipEvnroll ER5 Hatchback 33"Skycaddie LinxStewart X7 Lithium Remote Dream Machine!

  2. #6022
    Tour Rookie maxfli65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Argyll
    Posts
    1,342

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    Why would it be seen as more acceptable post Brexit than before? It was a bad and unacceptable joke before, it is now and will be in the future. Racism did not start and will not end with Brexit and we can't blame Brexit for everything, no matter how much many people would like to.
    Well I did ask 'Is it?' not say 'It is' !
    Much of what you say is true but you're missing the point. Are you saying this tweet is not Brexit related?
    There wouldn't have been a reference to a hard border before brexit. There also wouldn't have been a suggestion that Ireland wouldn't have voted for Britain pre Brexit because historically there has been a general well reciprocated vote for each countries song entries.

    People say stupid things in all walks of life, that wont stop but this is written out and published online by an elected political figure (not for much longer probably).
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter

  3. #6023
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Well I did ask 'Is it?' not say 'It is' !
    Much of what you say is true but you're missing the point. Are you saying this tweet is not Brexit related?
    There wouldn't have been a reference to a hard border before brexit. There also wouldn't have been a suggestion that Ireland wouldn't have voted for Britain pre Brexit because historically there has been a general well reciprocated vote for each countries song entries.

    People say stupid things in all walks of life, that wont stop but this is written out and published online by an elected political figure (not for much longer probably).
    ...and so we most certainly can blame Brexit for this idiots tweet.

    note to self: be careful and judicious when using words such as 'idiot' in the context of a Leaver - but I think this time I may have got away with it
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  4. #6024
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,309

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    ...and so we most certainly can blame Brexit for this idiots tweet.

    note to self: be careful and judicious when using words such as 'idiot' in the context of a Leaver - but I think this time I may have got away with it
    You can call individuals idiots, no problem, you can call politicians idiots, no problem, but your continued reference to leavers as apposed to individuals is a problem (with me) . This tweet was by someone who happened to be a leaver, there is a fair chance he is also a Christian. Does that mean we (you) class all Christians as idiots, I think not.

  5. #6025
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    10,162

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    ...and so we most certainly can blame Brexit for this idiots tweet.

    note to self: be careful and judicious when using words such as 'idiot' in the context of a Leaver - but I think this time I may have got away with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    You can call individuals idiots, no problem, you can call politicians idiots, no problem, but your continued reference to leavers as apposed to individuals is a problem (with me) . This tweet was by someone who happened to be a leaver, there is a fair chance he is also a Christian. Does that mean we (you) class all Christians as idiots, I think not.
    I'd also take issue with the use of the term "blame" in this context. Many don't see Brexit as bad, in fact its good for them.
    Give it big humpties

  6. #6026
    Tour Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    4,309

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I'd also take issue with the use of the term "blame" in this context. Many don't see Brexit as bad, in fact its good for them.
    I think that's MOST going by the vote.

  7. #6027
    Major Champion Foxholer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wasting away again in Margaritaville
    Posts
    17,479

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    ...and so we most certainly can blame Brexit for this idiots tweet.
    ...
    Wrong!

    If any 'blame' is to be assigned, it's associated with/related to Eurovision voting!

    The Brexit reference was merely 'topical'

    Your 'idiot' description was certainly correct (if not grammatically so) though!
    Adams Speedline Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 13.5 Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15 set to 16.5 Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20 at 21 Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23 at 24 Matrix Red Tie S
    McGregor PCB Tour 5-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

    Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on!

  8. #6028
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    You can call individuals idiots, no problem, you can call politicians idiots, no problem, but your continued reference to leavers as apposed to individuals is a problem (with me) . This tweet was by someone who happened to be a leaver, there is a fair chance he is also a Christian. Does that mean we (you) class all Christians as idiots, I think not.
    eh? - some Christians are idiots. Some Leavers are idiots. Some Remainers are idiots. That OK?

    And btw - I NEVER say ALL Leavers are idiots.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 17-May-2017 at 12:09.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  9. #6029
    Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,898

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Wrong!

    If any 'blame' is to be assigned, it's associated with/related to Eurovision voting!

    The Brexit reference was merely 'topical'

    Your 'idiot' description was certainly correct (if not grammatically so) though!
    I would suggest that the comment was made in the context of the ESC but has as it's basis Brexit - since there is no Eire/NI border question outside of Brexit.
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

  10. #6030
    Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,366

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I'd also take issue with the use of the term "blame" in this context. Many don't see Brexit as bad, in fact its good for them.
    Are those the idiots?
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 4/5 Hybrids
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 5-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.6

    There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Stenson In Striking Distance At BMW PGA Championship

The world number five shot a bogey free 68 (-4) to lie two behind fellow Swede Johan Carlsson

May 25, 2017

Was Piers Morgan The Worst Golfer At Wentworth?

The BMW PGA Championship celebrity pro-am saw broadcaster Piers Morgan take to Wentworth's Burma Road. Take a look at a couple of his swings...

May 25, 2017

Tiger Woods Says He “Hasn’t Felt This Good In Years”

The 14-time major winner has successfully undergone surgery on his back for the fourth time

May 25, 2017

BMW PGA Championship Golf Betting Tips

A stellar field has assembled at stunning Wentworth, check out who we think will do well with these BMW PGA Championship Golf Betting Tips

May 23, 2017

DEAN & DELUCA Invitational Betting Tips

The PGA Tour are still in Texas for a newly named tournament, check out who we think will do well with these DEAN & DELUCA Invitational Golf Betting Tips

May 23, 2017